Please Deliver To Garage

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You guys are hard on the drivers they really work their butt off. I see trucks chuck full so much so  the wheels are almost rubbing delivering at 8PM.

I will agree.  UPS and FedEx drivers I know work their asses off....they also have a great compensation package as well.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

They give up their bodies.

Its not an easy job.  Maybe we've been lucky but the guys/gals we deal with are awesome.   We give them a nice xmas gift every year as well as a nice one when they retire if they were delivering to us for long.   We've had only 3 main UPS drivers since the early 90's.  Good delivery guys can make a business run smoother.  

• Gold Member
37 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't care if it's a $20,000 heart for a transplant... if the box is not flagged as a high value it will be sitting on your porch when you get home. Think they're fucking mind readers?

Yup... you got your way. I got guys on my route like you. We call you "8:30 guys"... cuz that's when you'll get your shit from here on out.

It'syour call but fucking with a guy who can legit fuck you back is stupid.

Just a tad of advice.

The package is high value, insured, and requires a signature.

I left a note on my house door that said deliver to garage, which he had no choice to see unless his eye's were closed. Also it is only 20 feet from my door to my garage.

I maintain he is a moron and this is piss poor customer service.

Like I said, if I were delivering a 52 lb package I would have given it a better effort.

I don't think he needed to be a mind reader, just a note reader.

And I didn't get my way, I'm still waiting, probably until tomorrow. Because he is a moron.

57 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To some extent a GPS system set for most efficient route doesn't control your deliveries?

In a perfect world yes... to save miles. I never use it and beat their 'solution' by 10% or more daily. 

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its not an easy job.  Maybe we've been lucky but the guys/gals we deal with are awesome.   We give them a nice xmas gift every year as well as a nice one when they retire if they were delivering to us for long.   We've had only 3 main UPS drivers since the early 90's.  Good delivery guys can make a business run smoother.  

My last route I was there for 12 years... this one 14 years.

24 minutes ago, joesale said:

I left a note on my house door that said deliver to garage, which he had no choice to see unless his eye's were closed. Also it is only 20 feet from my door to my garage.

Like I said, if I were delivering a 52 lb package I would have given it a better effort.

And I didn't get my way, I'm still waiting, probably until tomorrow. Because he is a moron.

Did I quote you?

Just laying out what happens in the real world. And remember... with fedex... you are getting the second string.

By the way... you can go to UPS.com... set up an account, and sign for packages there. Also, you can designate where you want them left, and it prompts the driver via his computer exactly where. Prompt will say pkg was signed for and to leave in garage... etc. 

No charge

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Snake said:

In a perfect world yes... to save miles. I never use it and beat their 'solution' by 10% or more daily. 

My last route I was there for 12 years... this one 14 years.

Did I quote you?

Just laying out what happens in the real world. And remember... with fedex... you are getting the second string.

Yes you did quote me. #22.

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

By the way... you can go to UPS.com... set up an account, and sign for packages there. Also, you can designate where you want them left, and it prompts the driver via his computer exactly where. Prompt will say pkg was signed for and to leave in garage... etc. 

No charge

That's pretty cool. Can you have it delivered to another address.   Haven't had to many issues with either ups or FedEx,  Canada post is another matter. 

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

UPS is the worst by far....only ones who wont come to my wifes business address to pick up shipments.

Sounds odd.   In rural locations I have heard not all companies operate or they cover for each other. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's pretty cool. Can you have it delivered to another address.   Haven't had to many issues with either ups or FedEx,  Canada post is another matter. 

think you need to pay for the level that allows you to redirect the package online.  I have a ups account so i get notified when things are coming it's nice.  no issue with my fedex guy either but they can apparently read a note.  

Only issue i had was during xmas when the  UPS helper put stuff through my front door not my side door where they normally do,  not a big deal i went and looked when i saw it wasn't where it should be.  

I am pissed my local UPS store closed,  now amazon returns are a PIA need to sit and wait till they drop something off here or go out of my way to another store.  

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ya know... I'm unsure of that. 

24 minutes ago, Dave said:

UPS is the worst by far....only ones who wont come to my wifes business address to pick up shipments.

Your in Canada, so...

I would like to hear the story behind that though. Only place I don't go is a place I had put off limits. They get to drive 50 miles round trip for their stuff.... kinda referencing what I said earlier.

1 hour ago, joesale said:

Devils advocate asking some questions. You said you heard a noise outside so went to the garage. Noise must travel well. You wrote a note and went the 20 ft to the garage. You didn't hear that significant size truck pull up in the driveway and sit idling close to both your house and garage while the driver went to the door. He's going to take a minute or two to knock on the door, wait for an answer and then fill out the I was here document. How long does it take to investigate I think I heard a noise. If I think I hear a noise in my garage I go to the garage and open the door, if all looks okay I close the door and go back to the house. The distance for me from door to door is similar... about 15 feet. Just curious.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Devils advocate asking some questions. You said you heard a noise outside so went to the garage. Noise must travel well. You wrote a note and went the 20 ft to the garage. You didn't hear that significant size truck pull up in the driveway and sit idling close to both your house and garage while the driver went to the door. He's going to take a minute or two to knock on the door, wait for an answer and then fill out the I was here document. How long does it take to investigate I think I heard a noise. If I think I hear a noise in my garage I go to the garage and open the door, if all looks okay I close the door and go back to the house. The distance for me from door to door is similar... about 15 feet. Just curious.

I work from home, I am set up to do this in my garage. I was in the garage. The note said deliver to garage.

I never said I heard a noise and went to the garage.

8 minutes ago, joesale said:

I work from home, I am set up to do this in my garage. I was in the garage. The note said deliver to garage.

I never said I heard a noise and went to the garage.

My mistake... you said

Yes I was. I heard something and went outside and saw the truck about  1/2 a block away as he was leaving.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

My mistake... you said

Yes I was. I heard something and went outside and saw the truck about  1/2 a block away as he was leaving.

Outside the garage.

54 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sounds odd.   In rural locations I have heard not all companies operate or they cover for each other. 

UPS wont pick up or deliver....everyone else does.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

I don't care if it's a $20,000 heart for a transplant... if the box is not flagged as a high value it will be sitting on your porch when you get home. Think they're fucking mind readers?

Yup... you got your way. I got guys on my route like you. We call you "8:30 guys"... cuz that's when you'll get your shit from here on out.

It'syour call but fucking with a guy who can legit fuck you back is stupid.

Just a tad of advice.

Well the last time they delivered a computer to my place and left one of those door messages saying nobody was home ,will try later ....so I at least expected that.. 

and I ain't no mind reader,but I sense that you're a giant fuckin cunt 

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ya know... I'm unsure of that. 

Your in Canada, so...

I would like to hear the story behind that though. Only place I don't go is a place I had put off limits. They get to drive 50 miles round trip for their stuff.... kinda referencing what I said earlier.

All the others come...its a mile and a half off the highway on a grid road....they go right by...they will not come to the small hamlet.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

My UPS guy is awesome. They sent some kid out a month or so ago covering his route when he was out. The guy pulled up the road took three swipes at trying to back into driveway then finally gave up. I was in the garage and I could hear him swearing from 300 feet away. So he unloads four Denali wheels and tires and starts rolling them up the driveway one by one and drop em outside the garage. As his rolls in the fourth one up I walked out and said hey those aren't for me. The look on his face was priceless I told him smile buddy you only have 35 or 40 more years to work.

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

My UPS guy is awesome. They sent some kid out a month or so ago covering his route when he was out. The guy pulled up the road took three swipes at trying to back into driveway then finally gave up. I was in the garage and I could hear him swearing from 300 feet away. So he unloads four Denali wheels and tires and starts rolling them up the driveway one by one and drop em outside the garage. As his rolls in the fourth one up I walked out and said hey those aren't for me. The look on his face was priceless I told him smile buddy you only have 35 or 40 more years to work.

So ups wasnt awesome then...they sent the wrong shit to your house and made a customer wait longer.... :lol:

25 minutes ago, Dave said:

So ups wasnt awesome then...they sent the wrong shit to your house and made a customer wait longer.... :lol:

No, they were my tires and wheels I just told him they weren't after he wheeled them 300 feet. Trying to make the kid laugh cuz it seems like he was having a bad day by all the swearing he was doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Well the last time they delivered a computer to my place and left one of those door messages saying nobody was home ,will try later ....so I at least expected that.. 

and I ain't no mind reader,but I sense that you're a giant fuckin cunt 

If you ever hear "is 8:00 ok for you?".... you'll know why. :lmao:

All you have to do is ask and you can be required to sign for everything... just to make you happy! :bc:

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Whats even more pathetic is UPS seems to do everything in their power to make things as difficult as possible.....and the others bend over backwards to make it easier.

Yeah, that's what we do... :lmao:

1 hour ago, Dave said:

All the others come...its a mile and a half off the highway on a grid road....they go right by...they will not come to the small hamlet.

We don't cover Inbreederville.