current situation with cars

Used car insanity in the CAR WIZARD's shop! Why did the huge repair get approved on this '15 Acadia? - YouTube

the world we are in today. what are the prices of common vehicles in your area now? this video is not so much about the work being done but change in the economy lately

After my ram blew up( turned out to not to bad actually) I was looking at used cars and trucks. Fuck me in the goat ass...with the shortage of new cars, used has gone insane with pricing . Thats why I decided to just throw some money at the ram vs throwing it down tne toilet on used. Wtf

2 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

Oh and speaking of an Acadia,  looked at a 17 , loaded,  10gs .....220,000kms lolololl. Fuck off

A friend of mine used to work for GM corporate and before we bought the Exploder, we asked him what GM SUV's to avoid. 

He said anything that isn't a 'Hoe, 'Burban, Yukon, etc he'd never own and recommended we don't buy one unless we were getting a Tahoe or Yukon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

A friend of mine used to work for GM corporate and before we bought the Exploder, we asked him what GM SUV's to avoid. 

He said anything that isn't a 'Hoe, 'Burban, Yukon, etc he'd never own and recommended we don't buy one unless we were getting a Tahoe or Yukon.

I was looking for a Tahoe. Found a older suburban...4x4 454 lifted. Think it was mid 90s. Wanted 12g , no safety lol. Omg

• Gold Member

I’ve noticed it on the collision end too insurance seems to be saving more shit right on the edge rather than totaling the car out. Everything used is extremely overpriced right now I wouldn’t buy nothing now unless I absolutely needed to.

16 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

...and you bought an Explorer.

They're just as bad as any of the unibody GM garbage.

9 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

That's good :thumbsup:

Hope it stays that way.

We almost traded it off last week, but couldn't quite bring ourselves to spend that kind of coin to rid ourselves of a perfectly good vehicle.  

We did go with the regular 3.5 over an Ecoboost on the recommendation of our mechanic neighbor.  

Frankly, the only complaint we have with it is the lack of arm rests in the 2nd row seats, @SVT MXZ XRS , WTF!

12 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Life and stuff.

Last Tuesday I put my dog down, and the next day my mother-in-law died from a heart attack.

Tough week.

Sorry to hear that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 7:12 PM, racinfarmer said:

Use to work for…..got it. I’m sure his advice is solid. The C1 utes are great pieces. I have a few family/friends that have bought them to replace their Explorers and Edges. They are very happy with them. 

On 8/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Wholesale prices started plunging two weeks ago. It’s starting to trickle into resale. If you got something to sell, now is the time. 

That’s because people are not buying as much because of the prices. Same thing is happening with real estate around here right now. 

On 8/8/2021 at 9:09 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Use to work for…..got it. I’m sure his advice is solid. The C1 utes are great pieces. I have a few family/friends that have bought them to replace their Explorers and Edges. They are very happy with them. 

That’s because people are not buying as much because of the prices. Same thing is happening with real estate around here right now. 

He was a GM employee until last year, after we had owned our Exploder for 3 years.  

After seeing our friend's experience with an Equinox and another's was a Traverse, yeah, not a chance in hell.  Especially the Traverse.  

They both have Durangos now.  

Edit: Bolded my fuck-up.

Edited by racinfarmer

5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Stimulus money is running out and banks are tightening up a bit. There’s a lot of buyers that’ll be upside down on their loans for years to come. This is a set up for a substantial drop in prices. The market has the makings for lengthy deflationary cycle. It’s going to get ugly. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I was a GM employee until last year, after we had owned our Exploder for 3 years.  

After seeing our friend's experience with an Equinox and another's was a Traverse, yeah, not a chance in hell.  Especially the Traverse.  

They both have Durangos now.  

Durango. Serious quality vehicle there. 

Friend’s experiences? :lol:

51 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Stimulus money is running out and banks are tightening up a bit. There’s a lot of buyers that’ll be upside down on their loans for years to come. This is a set up for a substantial drop in prices. The market has the makings for lengthy deflationary cycle. It’s going to get ugly. 

Once new vehicles start flooding back into the market, the used car market will crash. 

9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Who should we have listened to?

The friend whos Traverse was in the shop for 3+ months?

The friend whos Equinox was a regular at the dealer?

Or the friend who is now a ex-GM employee who had a different company vehicle every 1-3 months?

On 8/7/2021 at 6:07 PM, snatchslayer said:

Oh and speaking of an Acadia,  looked at a 17 , loaded,  10gs .....220,000kms lolololl. Fuck off

i got trade in of 10grand on my almost loaded f150 with 26xxxx....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

what are you doing here faggot? don't you have a pig to fuck you pure white hillbilly 

12 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Once new vehicles start flooding back into the market, the used car market will crash. 

I think the car companies are going to stage the release to keep prices high. But yeah, it’ll have an effect. Both Ford and gm have miles and miles of vehicles built but waiting for ECU’s and various other parts of the puzzle. The RV industry is the same. 

13 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This...