fuck it , why not

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I personally think the COVID buying bubble has popped, on sled stuff. People will be able to travel for vacations and other winter recreation this winter so they won’t “need” a diversion from that stuff in the way of snowmobiling. I personally didn’t see that many more trucks/trailers/sleds out and about here last winter but we did have one of the worst winters that I can remember as well so that probably had a lot to do with it. Lots of talk about how hot the used sled market was too that I never saw materialize. Now just hoping that I don’t have to give away my old trail sled that I replaced with the ‘21 Indy that I picked up last spring. 

I thought we might be nearing the end of the Covid bubble until I went through the White Mountains of NH last week. I passed through on a Wednesday and I have never seen the hiking parking lots so full. There was a waiting line beside the road to get in to a parking lot of a popular waterfall just outside of North Conway. Crazy busy for a weekday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

I thought we might be nearing the end of the Covid bubble until I went through the White Mountains of NH last week. I passed through on a Wednesday and I have never seen the hiking parking lots so full. There was a waiting line beside the road to get in to a parking lot of a popular waterfall just outside of North Conway. Crazy busy for a weekday.

Been that way since beginning of covid. Even our local trails cars where parked down rt 171. Lol.

Pain in the azz but good to see people getting some outdoor exercise they prob rarely do. Lol

Rd traffic at all time high’s. Boat traffic too. In fact, our town gained a lot of new residents. Lol.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

I wonder if I can make this my new trail weapon?  LOL…tons of mountain type sleds for sale.  Imagine that….IN THE FUCKING MIDWEST!!!

Still, Doo has the baddest side profile.  Queer from the from though.

Summit 164

A518C743-E2FD-4892-8516-715660D2E4C8.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I wonder if I can make this my new trail weapon?  LOL…tons of mountain type sleds for sale.  Imagine that….IN THE FUCKING MIDWEST!!!

Summit 164

You can ride that on trails no problem long as you got a backpack with shovel and other accessories.

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

You can ride that on trails no problem long as you got a backpack with shovel and other accessories.

Weird then…because I see tools riding them all the time on the trail with all the accessories…..and they seem to be struggling at the speed of smell.  Just get out of the way!  Go get some of that deep midwestern Pow-pow somewhere!  :lol:

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Summit 164

They should put the hood / shield / headlight a little further out. Like before the ski tips . Lololol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

whats odd is outside opening day how few SxS and wheelers i see based on the fact you can't get one.   several days with less than 5 seen all day and i'e rode all weekends outside 1 trip to patten and on that trip saw less than 10 riding 3 days incuding a Saturday.  

Sledding wasn't crazy busy either and i rode 6 weekends in Jan, Feb and March

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Summit 164

Mountain sleds are fucking miserable on trails. What is with these people? :lol:

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

whats odd is outside opening day how few SxS and wheelers i see based on the fact you can't get one.   several days with less than 5 seen all day and i'e rode all weekends outside 1 trip to patten and on that trip saw less than 10 riding 3 days incuding a Saturday.  

Sledding wasn't crazy busy either and i rode 6 weekends in Jan, Feb and March

Sounds like you're really gettin' out there Red.     :bc:

10 hours ago, ckf said:

Pretty much all of Northern Michigan (upper and lower peninsulas) have been like that since the beginning of this bullshit. What I do see though is people giving up on trying to buy stuff because they are sick of waiting to get it and they are sick of the crazy ass prices. 

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Summit 164

Hot fucking garbage. I’d rather slam my dick in a car door than ride that fucking thing. Anywhere. 

My RMK only sees a trail just long enough to piss off the crybabies and throw some mougles at them. Sure I don’t need it. But it’s fun to go where no one else can when the snow is good. 

11 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Pretty much all of Northern Michigan (upper and lower peninsulas) have been like that since the beginning of this bullshit. What I do see though is people giving up on trying to buy stuff because they are sick of waiting to get it and they are sick of the crazy ass prices. 

Hot fucking garbage. I’d rather slam my dick in a car door than ride that fucking thing. Anywhere. 

My RMK only sees a trail just long enough to piss off the crybabies and throw some mougles at them. Sure I don’t need it. But it’s fun to go where no one else can when the snow is good. 

Lol….you “go where no one else can” because no one else wants to.  Meh, I never saw the appeal of off trail/track riding.  Yeah, it’s fun for a bit, like a pwc but then, and eventually, you are digging that fucking snow packed thing out.  And while all the “thumbs up” pictures of riders posed but their hurried sleds may seemingly put a different spin on things.  We know.  Fuck that.  I’d rather crash through the trees or go ass over tea kettle in the moguls than slowly sink down in a mess of back breaking work.  I also never understood the “trail police” that think long tracks are the ones moguling up the trails.  It’s the shorties bobbing around out there without thumb control as they dig the ruts deeper and sweep every corner like a jerk water.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lol….you “go where no one else can” because no one else wants to.  Meh, I never saw the appeal of off trail/track riding.  Yeah, it’s fun for a bit, like a pwc but then, and eventually, you are digging that fucking snow packed thing out.  And while all the “thumbs up” pictures of riders posed but their hurried sleds may seemingly put a different spin on things.  We know.  Fuck that.  I’d rather crash through the trees or go ass over tea kettle in the moguls than slowly sink down in a mess of back breaking work.  I also never understood the “trail police” that think long tracks are the ones moguling up the trails.  It’s the shorties bobbing around out there without thumb control as they dig the ruts deeper and sweep every corner like a jerk water.

X2 I don’t get the appeal of backcountry woods riding like done around here. I would however see the fun in hill climbing open chutes but there isn’t none of that anywhere near here.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

You say that but there are more morons showing up in the off trail areas every year that there are trail riders. In this state anyway so….. :dunno:

Different strokes for different folks. I have spent most of my life mogul bashing my body into oblivion. I’d just as soon hit my hand with a hammer than do that shit all day long. Yes I have a trail sled too so I don’t totally hate it but it’s literally just so I can get out and ride when the snow isn’t deep enough to ride my RMK. If I lived where there was enough snow to ride my RMK all season long, I certainly wouldn’t miss trail riding in the least. 

There is like 5% of my brain that would still love to make a few laps around a sx track but A. They don’t make a chassis capable of handling my fat ass to do that and B. Said fat ass probably wouldn’t make 1/2 of a lap before stroking out. :lol:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You say that but there are more morons showing up in the off trail areas every year that there are trail riders. In this state anyway so….. :dunno:

Different strokes for different folks. I have spent most of my life mogul bashing my body into oblivion. I’d just as soon hit my hand with a hammer than do that shit all day long. Yes I have a trail sled too so I don’t totally hate it but it’s literally just so I can get out and ride when the snow isn’t deep enough to ride my RMK. If I lived where there was enough snow to ride my RMK all season long, I certainly wouldn’t miss trail riding in the least. 

There is like 5% of my brain that would still love to make a few laps around a sx track but A. They don’t make a chassis capable of handling my fat ass to do that and B. Said fat ass probably wouldn’t make 1/2 of a lap before stroking out. :lol:

You’d have to ride a Cat on a track if you wanted to ride it off when done.  LOL!

Yes, different strokes for everyone.  Rough trails don’t bother me a bit but, they do affect how long I’ll ride though.  I like a good mix of conditions.  

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You’d have to ride a Cat on a track if you wanted to ride it off when done.  LOL!

Yes, different strokes for everyone.  Rough trails don’t bother me a bit but, they do affect how long I’ll ride though.  I like a good mix of conditions.  

That may be. I wouldn’t know but either way, I would probably break before the sled would anyway. 

I don’t mind some trash here and there. Same as you though, I like a mix. However, I won’t turn down an early morning freshie fresh ride where I can rip for 3-4 hours without the trash and idiots that comes with it though either. 

24 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

That may be. I wouldn’t know but either way, I would probably break before the sled would anyway. 

I don’t mind some trash here and there. Same as you though, I like a mix. However, I won’t turn down an early morning freshie fresh ride where I can rip for 3-4 hours without the trash and idiots that comes with it though either. 

It’s funny…our best time to ride out of Duluth’s biggest trailhead was late morning.   The trail is empty because most headed out early and left their remains of whoops and trash for us.  It was fun.  Ironically, when the trail is smooth, my sled wasn’t much fun and risks meltdown because It can’t maintain speeds above 60 for too long.  :lol: 

Riding partner passed away 2 months ago from cancer (39 years old sucks).  Told his dad and wife keep the sled in storage and we'll get it out in October to sell.  His wife this week was contacted by a couple guys asking how much she wants for the sled.  A little tacky in my opinion on their part so I told her a high price to throw at them yesterday.  Haven't heard back from her yet.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Doug said:

Riding partner passed away 2 months ago from cancer (39 years old sucks).  Told his dad and wife keep the sled in storage and we'll get it out in October to sell.  His wife this week was contacted by a couple guys asking how much she wants for the sled.  A little tacky in my opinion on their part so I told her a high price to throw at them yesterday.  Haven't heard back from her yet.

Sorry to hear, that just sucks big time, way way way too young. Fuck cancer right in the ass with a nuclear bomb.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Sad to hear. 39 years old.  God is a real price of work, eh?

Yeah, tacky as hell, IMO.  Working on my wife’s estate after their deaths last year, it was amazing how many people “gave their condolences” just before offering a ridiculous price on their property.  I mean, how can I not jump at $500 for a new JD riding mower?  Well, I guess I just didn’t need it “taken off my hands”.  Pfft.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

A little off subject

We went to Timberfest this pass weekend.  Lewiston Area Groomers was there with one of the groomers.  I had a nice talk to them about 448 and how crappy/lack of grooming it was during the winter, along with how come the gates are still open along 448.  They said DNR told them that the gates had to stay open as it was state land.  As for grooming not enough drivers to groom everything during the winter, told them a little would help.  Then I hear them say to someone else that they groom in town and 429 (trail by Twin Lakes Marina) to help the businesses.  Number 1 complaint, was why they don't grade the trails during the summer.   Another off subject, downtown area is starting to really pick up with new businesses, gonna have to see how they make out during the winter.