A Texas GOP leader railed against vaccines and masks. Then he died of covid.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

There are some who wore masks and had both jabs and still died of Covid.

But those stories goes against the current propaganda being filtered down to us so ......   :tumbleweed:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Dickenson, Texas population 18,680.

I guess if Buttigieg who was a mayor of a town of around 100K can be considered Presidential material this dude could be a Republican leader.  :lol:  

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Oh, it's a gotcha moment.  The guy didn't think the same as mc, he died and so that validates mc and his thought process.  Don't worry that he isn't the "GOP Leader" that he was lead to believe or the fact that he had an infant son.  Or even that he had other health issues.  He died of COVID and he was against mask mandate.   It's just the perception that the op cares about.

People have lost their minds.  I can’t even imagine what would happen in a real pandemic.  Just listening to some woman on the radio from the health department.   “I don’t want to say if you don’t get vaccinated life is going to be hard for you…. But, life is going to be hard for you.  
Think about this.  This is a top medical professional advocating hurting people for not getting vaccinated… without any knowledge of their medical history.  

• Like 1

Associated Press

Kansas Rep. Davids contracts COVID-19 despite vaccination

d0e13511655ed1956e8195da2d59164d

FILE - In this Oct. 20, 2020, file photo, Rep. Sharice Davids, D-Kan., talks to the media after depositing her advance ballot in Mission, Kan. Rep. Davids tested positive Friday, Aug. 6, 2021, for COVID-19 despite being vaccinated against it and is in isolation. Davids said in a statement that she has had only mild symptoms and that she got tested after undergoing outpatient surgery involving the parathyroid glands in the neck that regulate calcium levels in the blood.(AP Photo/Charlie Riedel, File) More
  •  

•  
JOHN HANNA
Fri, August 6, 2021, 3:05 PM

In this article:
  •  

• Sharice Davids
    American attorney and politician

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas Rep. Sharice Davids tested positive Friday for COVID-19 despite being vaccinated against it and is in isolation at home.

Davids said in a statement that she has had only mild symptoms from her breakthrough case. She said she was tested after undergoing outpatient surgery involving the parathyroid glands in the neck that regulate calcium levels in the blood.

The two-term Democratic congresswoman for the state's portion of the Kansas City metropolitan area said she's been following precautions recommended by health officials, including wearing masks indoors, and her office said she's back in her district. Davids said she's grateful for COVID-19 vaccines and urged people to get inoculated.

“I know things could have been much worse for me without it,” she said in her statement. “We need everyone to get vaccinated in order to put the worst of this virus behind us.”

Davids' statement did not say exactly how she became infected with COVID-19, or whether she has the delta variant. Recent analysis has shown that breakthrough cases of COVID-19, with mild or no symptoms, still remain rare.

The Kansas congresswoman's announcement came after Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham and GOP Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina tested positive.

Dozens of members of Congress have been infected, including GOP Rep. Jake LaTurner, who represents an eastern Kansas district.

Norman is part of a federal lawsuit against U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over a mandate earlier this year that members wear masks while on the House floor. The mask requirement was lifted June 11 but has since been revived because of a resurgence of the coronavirus.

Davids won Kansas' seat in the 3rd Congressional District in 2018 by unseating four-term Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder in a heavily suburban district that turned against former President Donald Trump. She received national attention because she's an LGBTQ Native American who previously fought mixed martial arts bouts. She is the only Democrat in the state's congressional delegation.

Covid-19: Cloth Masks Won’t Protect You From The Delta Variant - Health Expert Warns

06-Aug-2021

/ Health, News
66075753_132786.jpg  

A top scientist has warned that cloth sheet masks are not going to protect people from the fast spreading covid-19 Delta variant.

The warning comes as some US states and cities face the potential of a mask mandate in response to the Delta variant. 

Michael Osterholm, an epidemiologist and director of the University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, says most masks are ineffective .

"When one dawns a cloth mask, microscopic aerosols break through the material whether when people snuff or inhale, Osterholm said in an interview with CNN.

‘You know I wish we could get rid of the term masking because, in fact, it implies that anything you put in front of your face works, and if I could just add a nuance to that which hopefully doesn’t add more confusion is we know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective in reducing any of the virus movement in or out’, Osterholm said.

He explained that when one wears a cloth mask during a wildfire, you are still able to smell the burning flames, exposing the flaws of a cloth mask.

“Either you’re breathing out or you’re breathing in and in fact if you’re in the upper Midwest right now anybody who’s wearing their face cloth covering can tell you they can smell all the smoke that we’re still getting,” he added.

Last month, Scott Gottlieb, MD, former Food & Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner, said that the right quality mask was necessary to protect against a strain as contagious as the Delta variant.

“It’s not more airborne, and it’s not more likely to be permeable to a mask. So a mask can still be helpful,” Gottlieb told host John Dickerson.

“I think, though, if you’re going to consider wearing a mask, the quality of the mask does matter. So if you can get your hands on a KN95 mask or an N95 mask, that’s going to afford you a lot more protection.”

49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The dipshits continue here.

Clearly your dumber then most here so it must just be anger that keeps you going. Some kind of moronic autopilot  :dunno: 

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, CFM said:

Snd then the Clown News :(

both-sides-of-their-mouth.jpg

:lol:

:owned:

18 hours ago, Skeeter21i said:

Jesus, "there're".........

I literally never get tired of watching him get “pantsed” in here as he parades around like the intellectually elite.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

:owned:

I literally never get tired of watching him get “pantsed” in here as he parades around like the intellectually elite.

Hops and skips around in here like he's some sort of genius but in reality he's closer to a mental pygmy 

On 8/6/2021 at 9:25 AM, XCR1250 said:

There are some who wore masks and had both jabs and still died of Covid.

Come on Don, people die in car accidents all the time while wearing seatbelts and surrounded by airbags. Nothing is 100% perfect.

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Come on Don, people die in car accidents all the time while wearing seatbelts and surrounded by airbags. Nothing is 100% perfect.

Twas the point exactly, masks and shot won't always work.

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Less Republicans every day.

Right, so, make up your mind.  Libtwats can get their safety, immortal vax on, and let everyone else die.  It makes sense to me.  What’s the problem?  Imagine how wonderful you could all make the world without opposition.

Of course, some of you will have to go to work so…