Living in the woods

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

pretty amazing the guy went that long before getting the boot. Imagine the money he saved on taxes :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/decades-woods-hampshire-man-forced-cabin-79262134

We have a guy here thats been living in the woods even longer than that.  hes an ex serviceman also.  this story just made me realize i have not seen him since this winter.:(

i first learned of him while on a job driving 10wheeler in 03. he had an agreement with the land owner as well and had been there for years even then. the camp he had set up was so well hidden in the pines it was amazing.

Edited by old indy
  • Like 2

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, old indy said:

We have a guy here thats been living in the woods even longer than that.  hes an ex serviceman also.  this story just made me realize i have not seen him since this winter.:(

i first learned of him while on a job driving 10wheeler in 03. he had an agreement with the land owner as well and had been there for years even then. the camp he had set up was so well hidden in the pines it was amazing.

It amazes me people can get away with it so long especially being as old as this guy is(81). It’s gotta be a pretty enjoyable way to live though to me anyways but I’ve always had a fascination of moving into the middle of no where and just living.

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It amazes me people can get away with it so long especially being as old as this guy is(81). It’s gotta be a pretty enjoyable way to live though to me anyways but I’ve always had a fascination of moving into the middle of no where and just living.

It is surprising this day in age.  enjoyable as long as one can get what they need but ya when we get older thats a tough life.   probably why that guys ready to sit there till he rots right  lol  3 hots and a cot as the old saying goes.     

there was another guy in Bellingham ma. that squatted off rt126 for many years until the state finally won a case to remove him. for years they tried and lost somehow.  the amount of shit he had throughout those woods was crazy! it took over three years to clean it all up.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, old indy said:

It is surprising this day in age.  enjoyable as long as one can get what they need but ya when we get older thats a tough life.   probably why that guys ready to sit there till he rots right  lol  3 hots and a cot as the old saying goes.     

there was another guy in Bellingham ma. that squatted off rt126 for many years until the state finally won a case to remove him. for years they tried and lost somehow.  the amount of shit he had throughout those woods was crazy! it took over three years to clean it all up.  

Ya lol that part made me laugh but it’s probably exactly what he wanted definitely not a easy way to live at freakin 81.

guy musta had lotta shit in there if it took 3 years 

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

Every now and then I’ll watch this !

what a life!!

https://adventure.howstuffworks.com/survival/wilderness/dick-proenneke.htm

I e seen that show on PBS so many times.  My wife just rolls her eyes when she sees it on…she’s knows it’s gonna stay on.  Great documentary!

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I e seen that show on PBS so many times.  My wife just rolls her eyes when she sees it on…she’s knows it’s gonna stay on.  Great documentary!

is a good story, seen it a few times.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

pretty amazing the guy went that long before getting the boot. Imagine the money he saved on taxes :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/decades-woods-hampshire-man-forced-cabin-79262134

Story has been in the union leader the last few days. 

All the " experts " saying " well ya have to do this and permit that and kiss everyones ass" Or everyone could just turn their head in the other direction , the dude will be dead in 5 yrs or so.

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Story has been in the union leader the last few days. 

All the " experts " saying " well ya have to do this and permit that and kiss everyones ass" Or everyone could just turn their head in the other direction , the dude will be dead in 5 yrs or so.

Union leader what the hell is that….

just kidding :lol2:

I agree leave the guy alone he’s been there forever let him live out his days where he has been enjoying life the past 30yrs

• Like 1