Bhen needs a Tesla.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I don’t drink and drive but I could use a  Tesla....preferably a Plaid edition 

I drive thru a state police DUI check point Friday night coming home from the sox game. :whistle:

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Electric vehicles will most all hold motorsports record in little time.  Porsche 991 gt2 RS is slower around laguna.

https://electrek.co/2021/08/02/tesla-model-s-plaid-modded-up-breaks-ev-lap-record-laguna-seca/

0.6 seconds slower than a $1.65 million dollar street legal racecar, the Senna. Damn impressive 

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Nothing to see there. Don't be so anti-green, XCR. This is the much cheaper and environmental solution don't you know.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/federal-regulators-warn-risks-firefighters-electrical-vehicle-fires-n1271084 

Firefighters work 16 hours to put out fires in Tesla Model S.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tesla-opens-investigation-car-burst-flames-times/story?id=59930420 

Edited by irv

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Electric vehicles will most all hold motorsports record in little time.  Porsche 991 gt2 RS is slower around laguna.

https://electrek.co/2021/08/02/tesla-model-s-plaid-modded-up-breaks-ev-lap-record-laguna-seca/

In a few short years IC vehicles will look like horse and buggies. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

In a few short years IC vehicles will look like horse and buggies. 

The true vehicle that will make your projection true will be the Ford lightning….  As cheap as a regular f150.  300 mile range with 1000 lbs of payload and almost 500 miles  empty. And over 500 hp, full independent suspension and cost per mile extremely cheap compared to combustion engines.  

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The true vehicle that will make your projection true will be the Ford lightning….  As cheap as a regular f150.  300 mile range with 1000 lbs of payload and almost 500 miles  empty. And over 500 hp, full independent suspension and cost per mile extremely cheap compared to combustion engines.  

Battery tech still has a ways to go. Both energy density and ability to recycle. It’s so close.  

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Battery tech still has a ways to go. Both energy density and ability to recycle. It’s so close.  

Standardized battery config is where it’s at in my opinion.

They can recycle…..  something like 95% of the battery can be recycled.  Grounded up and raw materials used again.  That will grow with the need. Majority of battery vehicle I don’t think are really needed recycling yet.

my idea of recycling would be a simple home owner kit that take the used up battery and easily integrated into my ample and rather large solar array for energy storage….  Like a plug and play kit where I just add the battery pack.  Looked up used Leaf battery’s and the modules are pretty cheap for the storage you get.

40 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Talk is cheep if it becomes reality I can see a lot of fleet  service trucks getting sold