Pickup trucks are a plague on Canadian streets

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

You read my story from a few years back, they just leave you on the trail if you have a burndown!!  

If I didn't put in some windshield time, I'm not sure I would have ridden much at all last year - it would be nice not to have to, but living south of the states tallest buildings, that's not always an option!  So trucking the sled is it..... and in all its 10mpg glory!

9CA8547E-34B5-4DA8-8586-F6A2801D68B7.jpeg

image.thumb.png.090d69b1ba530a2bed60e9df82388c83.png

• Like 1

1 ton of 3/4" minus red rock.  Do this about twice a year filling in pot holes.  That's as much as I feel I can put in the back without the front tires coming off the ground.

1 ton rock

1 yard dirt

2 yards mulch

image.thumb.png.63b9e1bf8a9a6e1bd0276be945286f7b.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

image.thumb.png.090d69b1ba530a2bed60e9df82388c83.png

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

C8E1A9DE-0C94-4CF7-910B-FC5610C46FE8.jpeg

Can't you put those little 600's in the back seat with you?  :poke:

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Work trucks come in handy at the end of the year!!

2hr dive and complaining!!😂

51649BE6-C49D-4FDF-B569-BE988466DA72.jpeg

AC67CA79-2138-4E25-9ACE-4135BFC2D592.jpeg

What’s that extension piece thingy?  I may be building some type of roller system in the back of my rig this year.  Bought a 6x12 V but, it all seems kinda silly extra work if I can get it in and out of the back of the truck. Simple ramps prolly won’t do since I won’t have reverse.  

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have a piece of plywood I made with ski glides on it for the truck. Makes loading and unloading easier. 

I just throw the ski glides in the bed, and drive up the ramp onto them.  They don't move, until you go to back out, and even then no biggie.  No plywood needed!  I suppose if you had studs a piece of plywood might be advantageous....

8E6DA19B-9B86-4A7E-9B18-BBC2D6CA1425.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What’s that extension piece thingy?  I may be building some type of roller system in the back of my rig this year.  Bought a 6x12 V but, it all seems kinda silly extra work if I can get it in and out of the back of the truck. Simple ramps prolly won’t do since I won’t have reverse.  

White truck has large tommy lift.works nice!get front of sled on it then hit button and lifts it in!!Blue truck has lift but smaller.works nicely to unload but I just find pile to run her in!

37 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I just throw the ski glides in the bed, and drive up the ramp onto them.  They don't move, until you go to back out, and even then no biggie.  No plywood needed!  I suppose if you had studs a piece of plywood might be advantageous....

Nice sled! :bc: 

6 hours ago, ACE said:

It’s an op-Ed by someone in Toronto.  GTA people in general are the dumbest people on earth.  So really this is the opinion of a communist loser that paid 300k for a lesbian arts dance degree and now blames people with pickups for their problems 

exactly. from the 'toronto star' the biggest left leaning POS on the market. and nobody except the cbc, ctv, and global gives a shit what toronto cunts think. where the hell is ISIS with a nuke when ya need them. god it would be grand if that place was made into glass

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Seems like every Polaris guy has got a Cat.

That pic is likely from 25 yrs ago or so? Unfortunately no cat now but I still have that sled. 

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

This is also a problem for people who live in Duluth that won't put their sled in the back of their truck and drive a couple hours to come ride with us.

2 hrs that puts you in about grand marais. So they are probably affade of some prius driving vegetarian throwing there burkenstocks at there truck as they turn up the gunfint 

9 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

1 ton of 3/4" minus red rock.  Do this about twice a year filling in pot holes.  That's as much as I feel I can put in the back without the front tires coming off the ground.

1 ton rock

1 yard dirt

2 yards mulch

image.thumb.png.63b9e1bf8a9a6e1bd0276be945286f7b.png

Most documented I have had in the back of my f150  was 2780 lbs lol full load of about 1300 sf of old tile floor and the sand pack it was set on to the dump . I do have load range D and air  bags so it helps . I know there has been more back there when they drop pallets of tile in and the bags don't do shit and the axel hits tge bumpers lol but not documented on a scale 

5 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Worst is if you have the heavy rubber mat and pin it in reverse to super man it out the bed and you pull the mat up in to the tunnel lol . Yep been there