What sled have you always wanted but never had

15 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

King kat 4 cylinder 

You or anyone have the link where one was raced in vintage not long ago on the oval in eagle river ? against other antiques ? Kicked freakin azz in thr strsights. Tried to find it mobths ago, but. Ouldn’t.

6 hours ago, CFM said:

You or anyone have the link where one was raced in vintage not long ago on the oval in eagle river ? against other antiques ? Kicked freakin azz in thr strsights. Tried to find it mobths ago, but. Ouldn’t.

• Like 5

@X2700

My grandparents worked for Chaparral Snowmobiles/ Red Dale Campers. 

My grandpa was a trucker and delivered sleds and my grandma sewed every seat put on a Chaparral. I always wanted to find a '74 Firebird 440 liquid. Loved that sled when I was a kid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

@X2700

My grandpa was a trucker and delivered sleds and my grandma sewed every seat put on a Chaparral. I always wanted to find a '74 Firebird 440 liquid. Loved that sled when I was a kid. 

That's pretty damn neat!

4 hours ago, Ziemann said:

@X2700

Local feed store sold them!!

neighbors father owned mill and he has new liquid 440 and lots of parts yet!couple sst’s also!I had several firebirds 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Local feed store sold them!!

neighbors father owned mill and he has new liquid 440 and lots of parts yet!couple sst’s also!I had several firebirds 

You reminded me of just how many places carried sleds for sale…and how many brands there were back in the day.  Always one or two sitting on the showroom seemingly everywhere men did business.  I know there was a dirt and greenhouse operation in my hometown that carried JD and Doo every year.

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You reminded me of just how many places carried sleds for sale…and how many brands there were back in the day.  Always one or two sitting on the showroom seemingly everywhere men did business.  I know there was a dirt and greenhouse operation in my hometown that carried JD and Doo every year.

@Zambroski When I was a little kid, sleds were everywhere from the local farm supply store to Sears! Implement dealers also seemed to carry multiple lines of product. 

32 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Zambroski When I was a little kid, sleds were everywhere from the local farm supply store to Sears! Implement dealers also seemed to carry multiple lines of product. 

I know!  It’s why fall is still the second best time of year for me.  It all lead to anticipation.  Come to think of it, I remember Sears carrying a few also!  My old man loved Sears!  Didn’t they all?  :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

It was common around here in late 70's early 80's if you bought a JD combine or tractor they threw in a JD sled.

• Like 2

Here's some sleds that could have been bought from a March 1993 Snow week.  Seeing a 1977 RXL which would have been the leaf spring chassis with extra 340 and 250 motors for $2900.00.  Wish that was a current ad 

Race sled ads.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 9:19 AM, Ziemann said:

@X2700

Here's some pics from a sled WAY ahead of its time.....

Chaparral.jpg.192564ac367571b9ab9c1a4c208817a8.jpg1263690488_Chaparral2.jpg.678ad71bfc878c913c56056322932f7c.jpg

I remember drooling over the Chaparrals when I was a kid. I think they were the only dealer the town, might have been associated with the feed mill, the store was across the tracks from the old mill. I still buy my sleds from a local hardware store in my area.

• Like 1