No fast test to detect Delta variant.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Damn they sure got the numbers locked down for a strain that has to be genetically sequenced to detect.  :lmao:

How do officials discover the variants, then?

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can look at specific cases of the coronavirus through genetic sequencing. But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.

• According to the CDC, sequenced cases are COVID-19 cases that the CDC has examined to review their genetic makeup and code. This is how variants of the virus are often discovered.
Edited by Highmark
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Things that make you go hmmmm. Unless of course you are towing the line 

Of course we wouldn't integrate modeling or surveys when talking about covid tests originally because it would have drove down mortality numbers....now with Delta they are making nationwide claims off the cdc sequencing 750 tests a week.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Damn they sure got the numbers locked down for a strain that has to be genetically sequenced to detect.  :lmao:

How do officials discover the variants, then?

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can look at specific cases of the coronavirus through genetic sequencing. But there isn’t a specific test that will tell you if you have the delta variant.

• According to the CDC, sequenced cases are COVID-19 cases that the CDC has examined to review their genetic makeup and code. This is how variants of the virus are often discovered.

They’re likely just doing a data analysis and not actually testing 

10 hours ago, akvanden said:

AKA statistically significant random sampling.

Enough to claim percentages down to the tenth of a point. :lol:  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/07/health/delta-variant-cdc.html

Again when this came out they could have used modeling (like influenza) to better inform the public about its mortality rate and make shutdown decisions based on them.   They totally ignored the science when significant percentages of people were testing with antibodies.   6x's or more the rate of infection according to a LA County/UCLA study.

Now when they want to scare people again they are using statistic sampling.  :lol:   

Honest question do you think they've been honest with the data from the get go or manipulated it to fit an agenda?   Even if you think that agenda was to protect people?  They were counting people who died in car crashes as covid deaths.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was wondering how they know which cases are Delta or Lamda variants. Do they have to be hospitalized first? 

Random samples sent to the CDC for genetic sequencing.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Enough to claim percentages down to the tenth of a point. :lol:  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/07/health/delta-variant-cdc.html

Again when this came out they could have used modeling (like influenza) to better inform the public about its mortality rate and make shutdown decisions based on them.   They totally ignored the science when significant percentages of people were testing with antibodies.   6x's or more the rate of infection according to a LA County/UCLA study.

Now when they want to scare people again they are using statistic sampling.  :lol:   

Honest question do you think they've been honest with the data from the get go or manipulated it to fit an agenda?   Even if you think that agenda was to protect people?  They were counting people who died in car crashes as covid deaths.  :lol:  

Shall I link to the hospital spikes in low vaccinations areas, and then you can just surmise about what variant is causing it? What variant is your favorite?

Decimal place = large data sets. If you’d like, I’m sure they can round for you.

Edited by akvanden

3 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Shall I link to the hospital spikes in low vaccinations areas, and then you can just surmise about what variant is causing it? What variant is your favorite?

Decimal place = large data sets. If you’d like, I’m sure they can round for you.

Edgy.  Go ahead and link it and make your case.

CNN says it’s all Trump voters and their areas so, there’s that.  But, no liberal media addresses the low black vaccination rates.  I guess just dumb, Trump voting white guys.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Answer the question no?

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He’s cutting himself with all his sharp edginess right now.  

He's MC lite.   Asks all kinds of questions than keeps pushing on them then won't likely answer any he don't think fits his narrative.  :lmao:

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Answer the question no?

No, the data is/was not manipulated with malicious intent (to purposely mislead).  Might you find a bad actor here out there, or mistakes? Sure, but in aggregate, no.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, akvanden said:

No, the data is/was not manipulated with malicious intent (to purposely mislead).  Might you find a bad actor here out there, or mistakes? Sure, but in aggregate, no.

:lol:  Political?  Dude whether or not it was intentional or political or both we would likely never agree.   I think it was significantly political and would have been handled different given the election and yes if a Dem was running for reelection the GOP would have done the same.   I also think the overall message was taken down stream so to speak and ran with according to your political beliefs.  There are endless examples of politicians saying one thing and doing another.   Endless examples of masks on for the camera and not when they aren't on.   It was way more than some "bad actors."    That's laughable.    

Fauci: Masks are not needed and don't really work that well.

Fauci: Wear masks now the only reason we told you not to before was to save them for the HC workers.

Fauci: Wear 2 masks.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Edgy.  Go ahead and link it and make your case.

CNN says it’s all Trump voters and their areas so, there’s that.  But, no liberal media addresses the low black vaccination rates.  I guess just dumb, Trump voting white guys.  :lol:

Just follow the MAGA hats.

48 minutes ago, akvanden said:

You make me smile.  :)

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Political?  Dude whether or not it was intentional or political or both we would likely never agree.   I think it was significantly political and would have been handled different given the election and yes if a Dem was running for reelection the GOP would have done the same.   I also think the overall message was taken down stream so to speak and ran with according to your political beliefs.  There are endless examples of politicians saying one thing and doing another.   Endless examples of masks on for the camera and not when they aren't on.   It was way more than some "bad actors."    That's laughable.    

Fauci: Wear masks now the only reason we told you not to before was to save them for the HC workers.

This +++

54 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And here I thought we were talking about manipulation of clinical studies, hospitalization rates, vaccine effectiveness, etc.

Silly me.

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

And here I thought we were talking about manipulation of clinical studies, hospitalization rates, vaccine effectiveness, etc.

Silly me.

Data goes beyond that dude.   Maybe you should have paid better attention up the thread when I mention in a number of posts what I was talking about. 

Edited by Highmark