The Wokyo Olympics are turning into NBC's worst nightmare

I've been a life long Olympics fan, I normally really get into it.  Haven't watched a minute of it yet.  Part of the reason is I never have my TV on anymore.  At the family vacation this week so the TV news has been on some because of my parents, I can't believe how hard they are still hitting on covid, holy fuck.  And people actually believe this stuff.   I am so glad I don't watch that bullshit.  Not sure if I'll catcuch of the Olympics, I wouldn't mind some track and field but I might just take this one off, I heard there's no live fans too, that's too bad for the athletes, just not the same.

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

This fucking covid scam is ruining everything. I swear to god were living in a simulation. No fucking way people are this dumb 

The media and our government have spent almost two years brainwashing people with a 24/7 physiological operation. The masses are stupid

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

With woke athletes like that female (is she a he?) soccer player, NBA players, and the absurdity of Covid positive test results for guys like John Rahm (who tested positive a month ago and has the jab) ... I may as well just watch the news.  It's all the same, with a very few exceptions.

Yup ...not watching woke bullshit

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Snowflakes that are easily offended by someone’s simple political opinion are ruining society 

well you are one of the bigger snowflakes so you would know.  How many have you wished death on because they have an opinion at this point :dunno:  

Edited by Angry ginger

19 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It was always us against the Russians. Now the repubs lovePutin so they probably only watch to see Russia beat the US.

Biden is the one support Russian pipelines and cancelling keystone xl.  Do you get it yet?

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It was always us against the Russians. Now the repubs lovePutin so they probably only watch to see Russia beat the US.

Yeah......Back in the 80's

Welcome to 2021 dofus 

22 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

well you are one of the bigger snowflakes so you would know.  How many have you wished death on because they have an opinion at this point :dunno:  

Treason is not an opinion you fucking idiot 

Good read!

Celebrity woke-ness has Americans tuning out.

The celebrity face of the team, perennial scold Megan Rapinoe, is going the way of teenage grouch Greta Thunberg, becoming more pinched the more she is tuned out.

In short, Americans are worn out from elite virtue-signaling and woke performance art from critical race theory capitalists, multimillionaire CEOs, revolving-door Pentagon brass, Malibu celebrities and credentialed elite.

https://www.torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/hanson-celebrity-wokeness-has-americans-tuning-out

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, irv said:

Good read!

Celebrity woke-ness has Americans tuning out.

The celebrity face of the team, perennial scold Megan Rapinoe, is going the way of teenage grouch Greta Thunberg, becoming more pinched the more she is tuned out.

In short, Americans are worn out from elite virtue-signaling and woke performance art from critical race theory capitalists, multimillionaire CEOs, revolving-door Pentagon brass, Malibu celebrities and credentialed elite.

https://www.torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/hanson-celebrity-wokeness-has-americans-tuning-out

That really is a good read!!  For those that don't click on the link - here's the article:

HANSON: Celebrity wokeness has Americans tuning out

Author of the article:

Victor Davis Hanson

Most Americans were as indifferent to the U.S. women’s soccer team’s recent loss to Sweden in the Olympics as they were excited about the team’s World Cup win in 2019. In between was the team’s nonstop politicking, from whining about compensation to virtue-signalling their disrespect for the United States. The celebrity face of the team, perennial scold Megan Rapinoe, is going the way of teenage grouch Greta Thunberg, becoming more pinched the more she is tuned out.

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Marie Khan-Cullors Brignac used her corporate grifting to buy four homes. The one she bought in California’s Topanga Canyon is surrounded by a new $35,000 security fence.

Critical race theory guru Ibram X. Kendi offers virtual, one-hour workshops for $20,000 a pop. He is franchising woke re-education kits — in between bouts of damning capitalism as a catalyst of racism.

The woke movement is a slicker, more sophisticated and far more grandiose version of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson’s shakedowns of the 1990s. Those, at least, were far more honest in leveraging cash with charges of racism — and came without the academic gobbledygook of critical race theory.

Our freeways are jammed. Airports are crammed. Labour is short. Huge pent-up consumer demand for essentials and entertainment outpaces supply. Yet Major League Baseball’s recent All-Star Game saw record-low television viewership — about a quarter of the audience of 40 years ago, when there were 100 million fewer Americans.

The Summer Olympic Games are getting anemic TV ratings. The NBA’s crashing TV ratings have followed the downward trajectory of the NFL’s ratings. Woke sports earn the same public disgust as the accusatory and boring Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony awards.

Cable news networks CNN and MSNBC fuelled the story that former President Donald Trump allegedly colluded with Russia. They contextualized (to excuse) the summer looting and rioting of 2020. And they cheered on two impeachments as a prelude to their 24/7 woke drumbeat. Their ratings, too, have now dived.

Never has TV been more politicized. Sitcoms, dramas and commercials are designed more to resonate woke messaging than to entertain. So naturally, dismal TV ratings reflect the expected public boredom that ensues when art serves politics.

In short, Americans are worn out from elite virtue-signalling and woke performance art from critical race theory capitalists, multimillionaire CEOs, revolving-door Pentagon brass, Malibu celebrities and credentialed elite.

The problem is not just that most of America is exhausted from being smeared as racists, or hearing that a wonderful country — the most free, just, equitable, affluent and leisured in civilization’s history — must continually pay penance for its past and present. The public is more tired of projectionist hypocrisy. Those who scream the loudest are usually the most guilty of woke crimes.

The woke madness coincides with an epidemic of crises that go largely ignored as a distracted America cannibalizes itself.

The border is being breached at a time of the pandemic. Migrants barge in without either COVID-19 testing or vaccinations — during a coronavirus spike that has government officials talking about going door to door to roust out American citizens to get vaccinated.

Whiteness is supposedly the cause of America’s problems. But our inner cities are suffering historic levels of violent crime. Couldn’t our critical race theory accusers take time out from their merchandising to address the soaring violence?

The Biden administration denies that huge deficit spending and generous cash payments to workers fuelled inflation. But America hasn’t seen anything like the current price hikes and labour shortages in the last 40 years.

The military, CIA and FBI have lost the confidence of the public — and not just because of their woke politicking. They are perceived as distracted and ignoring their primary missions of winning wars, catching terrorists before they strike, and offering superb intelligence about our enemies.

Wokeness is many things. But increasingly it seems a cover for careerism, profiteering and utter incompetence.

Victor Davis Hanson is a distinguished fellow of the Center for American Greatness 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Irv sure is wrapped up and obsessed with the comings and going’s in this country.🤷🏻🤣

I don't care if Irv is from Canada, or Russia ... the article he posted is a good, legit, read.  Maybe if someone is a virtue signaling, SJW, woke individual, it hurts reading it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Irv sure is wrapped up and obsessed with the comings and going’s in this country.🤷🏻🤣

Your about as ignorant as they come, Pouts, no doubt about it. :news: If you don't think the same woke Liberal B.S. is happening up here by at least recognizing where the article is from, then there is no hope for you. Open your eyes for a change instead of just eagerly waiting to pounce with you idiotic, redundant and childish posts. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:10 PM, Angry ginger said:

athletes thinking their political thoughts matter are destroying all sports.  

Actors too.  Jesus.  Just shut the fuck it and entertain me.  Gervais was spot fucking on a year or two back hosting the Golden Globes.  It also applies to athletes very well.

“So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. 

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and fuck off, OK?It’s already three hours long. Right, let’s do the first award.”

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

why must you post horseshit like this?  How about commenting on the content of his post?  We can only assume you disagree with Mr Hansen.

• Like 1

The game or the movies was a great way to relax and take your mind off the daily BS. Fill them with politics and woke garbage and there’s no point in watching anymore. :flush: 

• Like 1