Turbo tards

Tommcat

On 7/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, Tommcat said:

Before i waste my time trying to get any real in depth discussion going here, how many fellow turbo owners do we have here? 

998 or 1100

I want to run 50 pounds of boost. I have 200 dollar budget. Will it be ok if I ran the stock clutching? Only mods to the sled right now is a ggb can

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Turbo Kitty said:

This thread ain’t going no where without the lead tard posting a record breaking video, come off it Tommcat

I don't have any. Let me see if i can come up with something though.

Has anyone ever used that td gps accelerations gauge where it gives you your different et's and speed at different distances?  I wasn't a big TD fan but I remember seeing that and it seemed really cool if it worked as advertised.  Or is there anything similar on the market?

26 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Has anyone ever used that td gps accelerations gauge where it gives you your different et's and speed at different distances?  I wasn't a big TD fan but I remember seeing that and it seemed really cool if it worked as advertised.  Or is there anything similar on the market?

You mean the Speedhut GPS speedometer. It's their gauge with a TD label on the face.

And yes, they work pretty damn good, although i prefer a legitimate datalogger like a Solo2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Gtech makes a gauge that will do all that. They have been around a long time 

38 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Gtech makes a gauge that will do all that. They have been around a long time 

We picked one of those a few years ago. Nothing but issues with it, i wouldn't suggest one.

The solo2 works perfectly and records all of the CAN data from the sled at the same time. It's a pretty handy tuning tool for me.

I have the original basic gtech that (throwback!) that you'd use in cars.  I've thought about trying it on a sled and power it off a vexilar battery, but I don't know if it would work good, even in a smooth surface it's still pretty bumpy.  I thought maybe one that also uses GPS might be more accurate, but I don't know.  I remember TD posting videos of their gauge and it looked impressive.  I'll look under the original name.

7 hours ago, Tommcat said:

I see they are the the manufacturer.  But what I like about the TD edition is that it has way more breakdowns.

The speedhut ones only show 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile 

The TD versions has 0-60 mph, 60', 330', 500', 660', 1000', 1320', 2000'.

The TD one says it's water resistant while the speedhut site doesn't say that.

I think I'll email speedhut to see if they can essentially get me a TD one, without the TD logo..

On 8/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, mnstang said:

I see they are the the manufacturer.  But what I like about the TD edition is that it has way more breakdowns.

The speedhut ones only show 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile 

The TD versions has 0-60 mph, 60', 330', 500', 660', 1000', 1320', 2000'.

The TD one says it's water resistant while the speedhut site doesn't say that.

I think I'll email speedhut to see if they can essentially get me a TD one, without the TD logo..

I bet if yours said TD you may be the new world record holder?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Turbo Kitty said:

What’s funny is the guy just had TD do a stage 6 on his motor, got it home and it’s blowing oil and he’s trying to fix it himself.:groin:

With new gaskets everywhere, and tight fasteners, they dont leak.