Simone Biles

• Platinum Contributing Member

Stress.   Funny none of her other teammates bailed here because of the stress.  She should have not listened to all the media calling her the GOAT.  

Edited by Highmark

Don't forget all the sexual abuse schit that went down years ago with the team doctor and all the girls. None of those teamates came back. So, Alot in her head too.

Really a shame. She probably should have not pushed herself to come to this olympics either, but that's hindsight, and hard to stop too, I'm sure.

As a former sports player thru college, I believe it to be real hard to compete with empty stands, even. Really a pretty chitty Olympics to be in. How about those who couldn't participate because Covid and etc. Ugggh

Edited by CFM
  • Like 2

Read the ESPN article.  It's worth the read and puts it in context (basically, if a gymnast at an elite level isn't 100% mentally ... it can lead to serious injuries).  So, at that level I get it.  And yes, there was also some reference to the Nassar issues of the past.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Read the ESPN article.  It's worth the read and puts it in context (basically, if a gymnast at an elite level isn't 100% mentally ... it can lead to serious injuries).  So, at that level I get it.  And yes, there was also some reference to the Nassar issues of the past.

I can see that. Given the aerobatics they do, I'd want to be on top of my game as well. I'm always amazed they don't get hurt more often.

It may be that she recognized that she could take the whole team down (dropped out of team event I think), if she stayed and didn't do well. Can still compete in the individual events. If she doesn't do well, she doesn't take anyone else down. 

Seems like a class move to me, must have been hard to do for someone who is so competitive. 

• Like 3

24 years old, kindof doubting her body and its capabilities, expectations of the entire interested world on her blowing everyone's doors off...  I get it.  Has to be hard for anyone to handle, especially for a young female.

I hope she can make it back for the individual event and somehow shed expectations and just go out and give her career the swan song it deserves.

I just hope she doesn't read the negative Twitters.  That leads to a dark place...  Bunch of fat woke shitstains that can't do a somersault without needing physical therapy afterwards...

• Like 5

As I recall, she wasn’t even sure she wanted to go to the 2020 Olympics because she’s actually “old” for an Olympic gymnast. She decided to give it another run and then of course C19 hit and then she was stuck either giving up or training for a another whole year. Can’t be easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laborer said:

Kerri Shrug? I think that was here name. 1996 Olympics that was one mentally strong Olympian! Didn't give up! People are not that strong anymore. 

How strong should you be after being molested, along with your team mates, by the team doctor, many times ? They kicked ass in the olympics, then stopped, other than Sinione.

Just wondering how strong you’d be 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Laborer said:

Kerri Shrug? I think that was here name. 1996 Olympics that was one mentally strong Olympian! Didn't give up! People are not that strong anymore. 

Strug  :bc:

12 hours ago, Catalina said:

It may be that she recognized that she could take the whole team down (dropped out of team event I think), if she stayed and didn't do well. Can still compete in the individual events. If she doesn't do well, she doesn't take anyone else down. 

Seems like a class move to me, must have been hard to do for someone who is so competitive. 

Haven't been paying much attention to this but completely quitting from the team, doesn't that sink the whole team?  Or can they go on without her, or have alternates or something?

IF it kills the team, and she still competes individually, that is the complete opposite of a 'class move'.

Some great points however like the announcers said they've never seen this before.  Champions are committed and mentally tough.   She got thru these issues before.   If she was unsure about competing she should have withdrawn far earlier and given another girl her dream shot. 

Imagine Brady or MJ after warming up a few minutes before a Championship game not playing because their head isn't in it.   I know with seriousness of injuries in gymnastics its a bit different but pretty sure it will all be miraculously fixed by the individual events. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quitters are quitters, I'll say it. What's more, if she wasn't America's little chosen sweetheart, for obvious reason's according to the present wokeness, she'd be roasted by far more people.

Edited by J. Jackson

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

She withdrew from the individual events as well.

All we have is speculation as to what is really going on, but I do feel she should have handled this in a completely different manner

I applaud her for dropping out of the individual events.   If she had serious concerns about her mental well being it would have been better doing it before selection to the team in the first place.   I also applaud her for at least coming out during the team event and being very positive with her teammates. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I applaud her for dropping out of the individual events.   If she had serious concerns about her mental well being it would have been better doing it before selection to the team in the first place.   I also applaud her for at least coming out during the team event and being very positive with her teammates. 

I guess she dropped out of the individual all-around competition.  But is evaluating if she is still going to do the other individual events.

She's a great athlete with a long and accomplished career.  She decided to pull out of the Olympics, cuz she wasn't feeling it, and didn't want to risk an injury.  My GAF meter isn't even registering, and I wish her well.  Only athletes I GAF about are the ones who won't support or respect the flag.  You're on the US team.  If you don't like the country, or think being on the US team gives you an opportunity to spew your L politics, you can gtfo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

She's a great athlete with a long and accomplished career.  She decided to pull out of the Olympics, cuz she wasn't feeling it, and didn't want to risk an injury.  My GAF meter isn't even registering, and I wish her well.  Only athletes I GAF about are the ones who won't support or respect the flag.  You're on the US team.  If you don't like the country, or think being on the US team gives you an opportunity to spew your L politics, you can gtfo.

I agree,  She probably has the most star value and influence of anyone in the olympics.  Makes you wonder if some were pressuring her about her views other than her olympic ones. 

• Like 1

Living up to the hype is just a brutal way to live every waking moment.  She’s still just a human.  She (or any others) are welcome to back down and take a breathe for a little bit….just don’t blame some other bullshit about it.  If she sticks to the “I’m mentally/physically unfit to perform and my expected levels right now” as her stepping down point, that’s fine. If it morphs into anything else, she’s just another fucking quitter.

• Like 1

Its her decision and those athletes are under a tremendous amount of stress. I can totally understand how that would become a burden after a while and you could just lose the desire to do it anymore. 

• Like 1