The newest generation is fucking stupid!

• Gold Member

I just got a panicked call from my mother. It seems she asked my nephew and his buddy to fill the lawn tractor with gasoline and the jackasses filled it with kerosene instead. The fucking kerosene is in a blue tank labeled kerosene!!!!! How the fuck do you grow to be 22 and not know the fucking difference between gasoline and god damn fucking kerosene???? :wall:

45 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

Had a guy at work pump diesel into a hydrolic tank lol. Cost a bit to get it drained and cleaned out . Fucking idiot 

We’ve had lots of route trucks with diesel plainly marked on and around fill neck filled with gasoline!!

then we switched to gasoline trucks and guess what?filled with diesel!!

also had skid loader hydraulics filled with diesel!!seems everyday I say what the fuck?????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Probably because you've been raised by a generation of dipshits who've been running the economy on a giant credit card for the last 40 years. 

someones panties are awfully ruffled today.  maybe have a popsicle, get off your ass, and make something of your life instead of sounding like a whiny little first year gender studies bitch, and blaming all the worlds problems on an age group, instead of corrupt politicians of all ages.  just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, snatchslayer said:

Had a guy at work pump diesel into a hydrolic tank lol. Cost a bit to get it drained and cleaned out . Fucking idiot 

At least diesel is a good solvent.  Bet that hydraulic tank was the cleanest it had ever been once you got done.

My father-in-law put bar oil in the gas tank on my chainsaw.  Took awhile to get that sticky crap flushed out of the carb!

Gasoline in a diesel is really where the damage gets done due to preignition and detonation.  The days of dumping a little bit of gasoline in with the diesel when it is cold are pretty much over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

someones panties are awfully ruffled today.  maybe have a popsicle, get off your ass, and make something of your life instead of sounding like a whiny little first year gender studies bitch, and blaming all the worlds problems on an age group, instead of corrupt politicians of all ages.  just a thought.

Hey, boomers elected these dipshits and were totally on board for credit card capitalism.

I don't really understand the "make something of your life" shit some of you constantly fall back on. 

If I'm successful, I shouldn't criticize the system because I'd somehow be a hypocrite.

If I'm not successful, I shouldn't criticize the system and instead go make something of my life.

Kinda seems like you just have a problem with the criticism, and my status has nothing to do with it...

Edited by motonoggin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

We’ve had lots of route trucks with diesel plainly marked on and around fill neck filled with gasoline!!

then we switched to gasoline trucks and guess what?filled with diesel!!

also had skid loader hydraulics filled with diesel!!seems everyday I say what the fuck?????

Time to lay off Mr. Magoo lol

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

At least diesel is a good solvent.  Bet that hydraulic tank was the cleanest it had ever been once you got done.

My father-in-law put bar oil in the gas tank on my chainsaw.  Took awhile to get that sticky crap flushed out of the carb!

Gasoline in a diesel is really where the damage gets done due to preignition and detonation.  The days of dumping a little bit of gasoline in with the diesel when it is cold are pretty much over.

Omg. Bar oil in the gas tank. Haven't had that happen yet lol. Im tired of doing carbs on saws. 3 different poulins 1 husky . I think I'm just getting old and lazy lol

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Hey, boomers elected these dipshits and were totally on board for credit card capitalism.

I don't really understand the "make something of your life" shit some of you constantly fall back on. 

If I'm successful, I shouldn't criticize the system because I'd somehow be a hypocrite.

If I'm not successful, I shouldn't criticize the system and instead go make something of my life.

Kinda seems like you just have a problem with the criticism, and my status has nothing to do with it...

No.  My problem is you're just fucking wrong and have been spewing your communist platitudes for 10 plus years with nothing to show for it.  I reinvented myself at age 58 and now make *None of you business* with double digit increases in my income every year.  You just choose not to,  and instead just sit on the sidelines and chirp.   Zero excuses.  You should be getting rich in the pot business by now I would think.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No.  My problem is you're just fucking wrong and have been spewing your communist platitudes for 10 plus years with nothing to show for it.  I reinvented myself at age 58 and now make *None of you business* with double digit increases in my income every year.  You just choose not to,  and instead just sit on the sidelines and chirp.   Zero excuses.  You should be getting rich in the pot business by now I would think.

How does my or your personal situation change the inherent structural contradictions of capitalism?

24 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

How does my or your personal situation change the inherent structural contradictions of capitalism?

Your entire premise is utter bullshit for starters.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Just makes you a hypocrite is all.

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

15219970_1340933679250186_1227158950811106526_n.jpg

:lol: Same old regurgitated, hypocritical response.  There is a difference between hating capitalism and using it to live and hating capitalism and and wishing for its demise yet reaping significant rewards like really nice boats and a farm.  Nice try though.     

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol: Same old regurgitated response.   

Yes, that is all you guys do. You never address the actual points I'm making, you just go right for the logical fallacies. Dishonest and lazy.

But it appeals to your barely firing synapses, so you just keep going back to the well. 

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yes, that is all you guys do. You never address the actual points I'm making, you just go right for the logical fallacies. Dishonest and lazy.

But it appeals to your barely firing synapses, so you just keep going back to the well. 

:lol:  Exactly what point was never addressed?   The whole productivity/wage thing?  That's been addressed a number of times. 

The fact is your "chart" picks and chooses data to make it look a certain way.   Just like they do with woman's vs. men's wages.

This week’s chart uses data from a forthcoming study by labor economist James Sherk, “Workers’ Compensation: Growing along with Productivity.” Using data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (NIPA tables) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sherk points out that those stating that there is a large gap between productivity and wage growth have committed the following errors:

• Compared the pay of only some workers to the productivity of all employees;
  • Counted productivity growth of the self-employed, but excluded their pay growth;
  • Measured inflation differently to calculate pay growth and productivity growth.

As Sherk states, “methodological choices [in calculating the relationship between productivity and earnings] create an apparent gap between productivity and compensation in the nonfarm business sector.” 

He explains: 

The difference between payroll-survey-based compensation covering a subset of the workforce and NIPA data on all business employees explains 45 percent of the gap.

Counting the productivity growth of the self-employed while excluding their pay growth explains 12 percent of the gap.

Using different methods to measure inflation explains 39 percent.

These three factors account for all but 4 percent of the apparent gap between pay and productivity. Over the past generation, employee compensation has risen in step with their productivity.

Employee compensation has in fact risen in step with productivity since 1973, both on average and across industries. The data show that since 1973, the average private sector employee’s productivity has increased by 81 percent (red line), while the average compensation has increased by 78 (yellow line). 

The “fair wage” policy proposed by the Department of Labor at the direction of the White House, which expands the scope of coverage of employees eligible for overtime pay, is an example of a policy that distorts essential information signals between employers and workers. More importantly, such policy decisions ignore generations worth of data that show a direct and close relationship between worker compensation and productivity. 

https://fee.org/articles/the-pay-productivity-gap-is-an-illusion/

derugy-pay-and-productivity-chart-v1.png

Edited by Highmark

37 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Let's cover the debt issue again.   There's lots of reasons including lower interest rates that encourage more borrowing.   All one has to do is look at where the majority of the debt is at.   Mortgages, student loans, auto loans and CC's.   Many of these tied to lower interest rates and expanding loan lengths.   The govt is to blame for much of the student loan debt by kicking the private sector out of it and colleges letting students build massive debt with almost zero hope of paying them off on undesirable fields.   The govt is also partly responsible for expanding mortgage debt by excessive relaxing of more traditional borrowing fundamentals.   Simply saying debt has increased as a comparison to wages/productivity is fucking foolish and if you were honest you would admit it.  

https://www.debthunch.com/why-americans-have-too-much-debt

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/federal-student-loans-increase-tuition-costs-studies-show

Edited by Highmark

15 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Exactly what point was never addressed?   The whole productivity/wage thing?  That's been addressed a number of times. 

The fact is your "chart" picks and chooses data to make it look a certain way.   Just like they do with woman's vs. men's wages.

This week’s chart uses data from a forthcoming study by labor economist James Sherk, “Workers’ Compensation: Growing along with Productivity.” Using data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (NIPA tables) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sherk points out that those stating that there is a large gap between productivity and wage growth have committed the following errors:

• Compared the pay of only some workers to the productivity of all employees;
  • Counted productivity growth of the self-employed, but excluded their pay growth;
  • Measured inflation differently to calculate pay growth and productivity growth.

As Sherk states, “methodological choices [in calculating the relationship between productivity and earnings] create an apparent gap between productivity and compensation in the nonfarm business sector.” 

He explains: 

The difference between payroll-survey-based compensation covering a subset of the workforce and NIPA data on all business employees explains 45 percent of the gap.

Counting the productivity growth of the self-employed while excluding their pay growth explains 12 percent of the gap.

Using different methods to measure inflation explains 39 percent.

These three factors account for all but 4 percent of the apparent gap between pay and productivity. Over the past generation, employee compensation has risen in step with their productivity.

Employee compensation has in fact risen in step with productivity since 1973, both on average and across industries. The data show that since 1973, the average private sector employee’s productivity has increased by 81 percent (red line), while the average compensation has increased by 78 (yellow line). 

The “fair wage” policy proposed by the Department of Labor at the direction of the White House, which expands the scope of coverage of employees eligible for overtime pay, is an example of a policy that distorts essential information signals between employers and workers. More importantly, such policy decisions ignore generations worth of data that show a direct and close relationship between worker compensation and productivity. 

https://fee.org/articles/the-pay-productivity-gap-is-an-illusion/

derugy-pay-and-productivity-chart-v1.png

What a crock of shit.

No one gaslights better than capitalist economists. 

We're just imagining ever rising costs of living, massive wealth hoarding, and shit wages...

15 hours ago, Highmark said:

Let's cover the debt issue again.   There's lots of reasons including lower interest rates that encourage more borrowing.   All one has to do is look at where the majority of the debt is at.   Mortgages, student loans, auto loans and CC's.   Many of these tied to lower interest rates and expanding loan lengths.   The govt is to blame for much of the student loan debt by kicking the private sector out of it and colleges letting students build massive debt with almost zero hope of paying them off on undesirable fields.   The govt is also partly responsible for expanding mortgage debt by excessive relaxing of more traditional borrowing fundamentals.   Simply saying debt has increased as a comparison to wages/productivity is fucking foolish and if you were honest you would admit it.  

https://www.debthunch.com/why-americans-have-too-much-debt

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/federal-student-loans-increase-tuition-costs-studies-show

Without these massive injections of debt into the economy, the system would have either crashed beyond repair or wages would have risen out of necessity. 

Reliance on debt instruments are the crutch that keeps capitalism propped up. Remove that and the entire thing collapses.