new old boat

47 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

I have i single place trailer for my atv.. impossible to back up empty cause can't see the sides and it jack knifes all the time lol. 53 dry van

...I could tread a needle with that thing 

If I only had a brain. 

See those side pipes? 

They are bolted to the trailer. They give about a foot or so above the boat.

Now, see those pieces of wood? I drop them into the side pipes/tubes to get an extra two feet. I painted them white at the top for extra visibility. 

Without this set-up you can not possibly back up this trailer, it disappears at any ramp. 

Also it is only a 12 foot trailer, which makes it extra difficult to back-up. 

P5191184.JPG

P6011252.JPG

59 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

I have i single place trailer for my atv.. impossible to back up empty cause can't see the sides and it jack knifes all the time lol. 53 dry van

...I could tread a needle with that thing 

I researched your postings to see if there was any ENEMY ACTIVITY. That pic of the gay motorcycle almost made me not post these helpful pics for ya', That shit pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If I only had a brain. 

See those side pipes? 

Now, see those pieces of wood? I drop them into the side pipes/tubes to get an extra two feet. I painted them white at the top for extra visibility. 

Without this set-up you can not possibly back up this trailer, it disappears at any ramp. 

P5191184.JPG

P6011252.JPG

Well to be honest I almost 100 percent of the time I ride from my house. Only time I use trailer is if it goes to the shop for something I can't do at home 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, X2700 said:

Load your shit in boat before you get it  on the ramp!!

sat and watched so many family’s decide to spend 20 minutes on ramp to load boat up for the day!!

Thank you...that one used to drive me nuts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If I only had a brain. 

See those side pipes? 

P5191184.JPG

P6011252.JPG

WTF do you need a trailer for that thing, you should just get a fucking roof rack!  :lol:   :bigfinger:

• Haha 5

Launched jet ski at old Frontenac on lake pepin this past weekend.

had to pull truck into lake to get water at least to bottom of ski!!

I’ve never seen lake so low!!wondered if truck was going to get out!!won’t be back there till water comes up!!spin out on that green shit and your done!!

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

P5191184.JPG

Nice yacht.  Guessing this makes up a significant portion of that TNW you keep bragging about non-stop.

Edited by jdsky
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Launched jet ski at old Frontenac on lake pepin this past weekend.

had to pull truck into lake to get water at least to bottom of ski!!

I’ve never seen lake so low!!wondered if truck was going to get out!!won’t be back there till water comes up!!spin out on that green shit and your done!!

Back in the late 80’s I was going to NMU and I brought my 14’ Sears Aluminum with a 7.5 Merc up there to fish in the upper harbor…one day I was using my roommates LeSabre to launch it and just about sunk the Buick in Lake Superior.🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Try backing in an unloaded single place jet ski trailer.  That takes a master's in boating to not look like a total jackass.

the shorter and narrower the worst.  I smacked my clamshell off the side of my truck about 15 years ago when it jackknifed.  I could put my 7k lb boat on a double trailer easily in a 10's wide spot.   My trailer i tow the SxS on i wish was 4 feet longer and double axle so i was easier to back in.  

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If I only had a brain. 

See those side pipes? 

P5191184.JPG

P6011252.JPG

Those are called guide poles.  I thought you have owned a real boat before?

If all you have is that old canoe, send me that $25k now so I can buy a  ice boat.  Fly in once and year and I'll take ya fishing.

• Haha 1