Pfizer vaccine only 39% effective in preventing covid

• Gold Member

Comes from a country that almost solely used the mRNA two shot vaccine on its subjects.

New Health Ministry statistics indicated that, on average, the Pfizer shot — the vaccine given to nearly all Israelis — is now just 39% effective against infection, while being only 41% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-uk-data-offer-mixed-signals-on-vaccines-potency-against-delta-strain/

Those fully vaccinated with Pfizer are 88% protected against severe cases of the COVID-19 Delta variant — now the dominant coronavirus strain here in the US — according to one new study.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced this week that the Delta variant is responsible for 83.2% of new coronavirus infections. Just two weeks ago, that number was 51.7%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/07/23/pfizer-vax-is-88-effective-against-delta-variant-study/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/markets/pfizer-vaccine-88-effective-against-delta-variant-study.amp

Edited by Plissken

• Gold Member

Yep. Large amount of Vaccinated still can catch covid and spread it.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07/covid-delta-variant-risk-vaccinated-breakthrough-cases.html

Mostly, he felt frustrated. He’s a journalist—he’s pretty tuned in to the news. He knew breakthrough cases were possible, but he had seen many assurances that they were extremely rare and not that big of a deal. “I feel like I had very inaccurate information,” he told me, “and I would have made my decisions in a very different light if I knew what I know now.” 

45 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07/covid-delta-variant-risk-vaccinated-breakthrough-cases.html

Mostly, he felt frustrated. He’s a journalist—he’s pretty tuned in to the news. He knew breakthrough cases were possible, but he had seen many assurances that they were extremely rare and not that big of a deal. “I feel like I had very inaccurate information,” he told me, “and I would have made my decisions in a very different light if I knew what I know now.” 

Just stop the bullshit

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Just stop the bullshit

Nothing more left leaning then a Slate journalist.  Cause he says vaccinated spread covid your marching orders are to call bullshit?

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm sure the Vax will help.  Get a treadmill.

I was just thinking, where are the demographics of the people getting the Covid?  Where has that info gone?  Age?  Comorbidities?  Historical health issues?

We are not a one size fits all society when it comes to this, never have been, never will be.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I was just thinking, where have the demographics of the people getting the Covid?  Where has that info gone?  Age?  Comorbidities?  Historical health issues?

We are not a one size fits all society when it comes to this, never have been, never will be.

The alt left lives in this strange world where nobody ever had serious outcomes from a mild respiratory illness before 

Company’s are already making even the vaccinated mask back up at work, in high case areas again. Mine included. Prepare yourself for A. This shit to never end. B. Everything bad to get blamed on the people that haven’t gotten the shot and my favorite, C. Every time a serious respiratory illness starts rolling around, masks and shots will be a necessity to return to the “normal” that we will never see ever again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I was just thinking, where are the demographics of the people getting the Covid?  Where has that info gone?  Age?  Comorbidities?  Historical health issues?

Most who are affected are of poor health to start with.  What a surprise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

One of Minnesota's local sites which has been about as straight forward with the numbers has tweaked their daily report to exclude to very important pieces of information.

1 - Of the daily deaths, they used to indicate if the person was in a long term care facility or not.

2 - They do not give the dead persons vaccination status.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/here-is-minnesotas-covid-19-update-for-friday-july-23

They list the percentage of 65+ age group with at least 1 shot at 91%.  Historically, more than 60% of the deaths have come from long term care.  One could reasonably assume that if those numbers hold true that vax'd people are dying daily.  But they don't want to fully paint that picture, I wonder why?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I gotta say that as a pretty far right winger, but pretty much middle of the road on the Covid crap, the far right anti-VAX are more annoying than fucking liberals. Bust on the left for believing certain numbers but not the others. Complete hypocrites doing the same. I’d like to see Darwinism take over and see Covid kill the extremes on both sides. Shut the fuck up already. 

• Like 1