Cleveland Guardians

Just another example of the pussification we're dealing with.  Any wagers on how many Native Americans were involved with the push to make this change vs. the number of SJW's that likely made it happen?

• Like 1

This was written a while back, but still makes me :lol:

I am highly offended by the racially charged name - the Washington Redskins. One could argue a professional football team named after Native Americans would exalt them as warriors. No, we must be careful not to offend. So, in the spirit of political correctness and courteousness, I suggest the following changes:

Let’s drop names like (Kansas City) Chiefs, (Atlanta) Braves and (Cleveland) Indians. We also need to honor skin color and rid ourselves of (Cleveland) Browns. Not the ignore the obvious, the Carolina Panthers celebrates the memory of 60’s militants.

The New York Yankees referencing a tragic war costing 600,000 young men's lives is offensive. Not un-noticed, latent references to tainted priesthoods is total inappropriate team names, i.e. (New Orleans) Saints, (Los Angeles) Angels or (San Diego) Padres.

Team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged are equally offensive. (Oakland) Raiders, (Minnesota) Vikings, (Tampa Bay) Buccaneers and (Pittsburgh) Pirates! So long as we address “wrong message teams” there should be no overlooking the (San Diego) Chargers which promotes irresponsible fighting and spending habits. Are we not to eliminate obesity references in the (New York/San Francisco) Giants as a childhood epidemic addressed in our major cities? Leave us not stay with a wrong child message in promoting Cincinnati Reds, i.e. ‘downers and barbiturates’; will they not think “opioids” somewhere there also?

Last, but not least, beer promotion is wrong-headed for our children. The (Milwaukee) Brewers is a name that has to go.

So, we need to support any legislation that rectifies these naming travesties and government is the only source to “make things right”.

I rest my case for political correctness and offer that we should re-name the “Redskins” to the slang name for “Prepuces" as it better represents Washington DC irresponsible governance.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Just another example of the pussification we're dealing with.  Any wagers on how many Native Americans were involved with the push to make this change vs. the number of SJW's that likely made it happen?

I'm willing to bet there were few if any Natives involved in this name change. I'd be willing to bet it's the white-guilt ridden sjw's who were behind this almost exclusively.

• Like 1

Honestly……and I know no one wants to hear it,  but we have to start taking responsibility.  No one goes to games , franchise folds.  This shit comes to an end immediately.  Do you think the kind of people who would be bothered by a sports name actually attend sporting events?  The majority of the country needs to stop being scared and bullied by a small fringe minority. 

• Like 9

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

I live in Cleveland, been a Tribe fan for years....They will always be the "Tribe" here, Chief Wahoo will still be worn all over Cleveland.

I'm just up the highway in Erie. I've been going to games since I was a young lad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, akvanden said:

Cancel culture.

My ancestors are offended by the Vikings depicting them as warriors. Need to change it.

I've seen the series...if the shoe fits 😁

On 7/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, Kivalo said:

I'm willing to bet there were few if any Natives involved in this name change. I'd be willing to bet it's the white-guilt ridden sjw's who were behind this almost exclusively.

There are about 7-10 maybe on a good day native Americans who protest every game......They caved...BS!!!

On 7/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, Cold War said:

Honestly……and I know no one wants to hear it,  but we have to start taking responsibility.  No one goes to games , franchise folds.  This shit comes to an end immediately.  Do you think the kind of people who would be bothered by a sports name actually attend sporting events?  The majority of the country needs to stop being scared and bullied by a small fringe minority. 

You are right, but people are crazy about their sports and even though they hate what’s happening, they will still go to games and buy merchandise.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

There are about 7-10 maybe on a good day native Americans who protest every game......They caved...BS!!!

50DC9654-85E0-4831-BF49-20D2E135D40B.jpeg.7a94a9345fe0edde8a6d43befe98690a.jpegCE4D6060-7630-4F71-A53E-87A1E6DE8314.jpeg.9ffe7cf2b539be2c86f1f9eb647128f6.jpeg

Next town over had this logo for 70 years..a couple years ago it was gone…SMH

On 7/25/2021 at 7:57 AM, BadaBing444 said:

You are right, but people are crazy about their sports and even though they hate what’s happening, they will still go to games and buy merchandise.  

Life long Lions fan, here. Not telling me nothing, :lol: 

Big difference between left/right.  If the left thought they could hurt the organization, because the owners brothers neighbor, voted for Trump, by ponding nails in their nut sack..........They would all be out buying nail guns.  

56 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Life long Lions fan, here. Not telling me nothing, :lol: 

Big difference between left/right.  If the left thought they could hurt the organization, because the owners brothers neighbor, voted for Trump, by ponding nails in their nut sack..........They would all be out buying nail guns.  

I used to be a life long Lions fan till last year.  Gave up all pro sports for now, it will take a lot to get me back as a fan.  I"m not giving 1 cent of my hard earned $ to these overpaid athletes and spine less owners that won't take control of their teams.  I still think it is hilarious that these dumb asses are big supporters of BLM and the actual BLM organization is against Capitalism.  Talk about eventually killing the golden goose!

• Thanks 2