Wow does Metallica suck shit live

Sorry to ramble, but a lot of funny and cool things surrounding that Rush post....

I saw the opening show of the Clockwork Angles tour, ^^^^^, Manchester NH. Absolutely nothing went right until right up to us walking in. What it boiled down to was not having the 2 hours to pregame, me and the wife killing a pint of vodka on the cab ride over to the show. Got inside, had snuck in some doobies, puffed and was just blown the fuck away by the show.

They took a break about 1/2 way thru the show.... when they came back the string ensemble was there. Geddy mentioned it was the first time in Rush history they others playing instruments consistently during a tour.... it being the opening show... I was first.

Love it when a plan finally comes together.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I saw the same show in the University of South Carolina at WB Stadium. If I wanted to look I actually got a pic or 2 from it.

Faith No More opened.

Tidbit: Axel wanted Nirvana to open, but Cobain said screw.... also, this is the tour where Hetfield got burned on Fade to Black...

Faith no more. Now there is a good drummer. 
Lars sucks but Metallica wouldn’t be the same without him. 

Edited by Crowder

23 hours ago, snatchslayer said:

Maybe in the early 90s, yes. Saw them with Maiden. Not now. 

I'd sooner listen to Vince Neil choke on a chicken bone

Yea I'm not sure how they are now - but would think they are still good. Been playing for almost 40 yrs now.

Crue was good live - but Vince sucked. Was the tour when Tommy Lee was drumming upside down in that wheel. 

23 hours ago, irv said:

Depends on the venue and sound quality in the arena/outdoors, and the sound quality of the film maker's electronics.

Good point...

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

They fucking suck ass live because Lars couldn’t fill in adequately for a 7th grade garage band. He fucking sucks and ruins everything they do live.

Shut up stupid. Best band ever probably. Even better than Elvis I think. 

13 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

one of the smarter posts you ever made

Was not a metalica fan really,  saw them because of the opening act and one of the greatest shows ever.  and Justice for All Tour 88+-

Seeing any of these old bands now is questionable IMO.  Def Leppard was going out with Crue and Poison and the only thing i could think of is how bad those singers have been on recent tours.  Odd that Brett Michaels seems to be the best in that group

Seen em 5 times. 3 of 5 were really good. 2 not great ... the venue like Irv said.

Wouldn't have any interest of any of those, except metallica & maybe def leppard. That's only if it's at a good outside venue. 

13 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I saw Metallica at the Metrodome in Mpls back in the 90’s with Guns and Roses.  The coolest part of the entire show was a thunderstorm that was passing over the dome as they started playing Ride the Lightning.... it was so awesome watching lightning bolts streaking across the sky through the Teflon roof, even the band members were pointing it out to themselves as they were playing!

And yes, Rush was one of the best bands live, hands down.

Seen that same concert. Metrodome sucked tho. GnR all late as fuck - as usual.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Yea I'm not sure how they are now - but would think they are still good. Been playing for almost 40 yrs now.

Crue was good live - but Vince sucked. Was the tour when Tommy Lee was drumming upside down in that wheel. 

Good point...

Seen em 5 times. 3 of 5 were really good. 2 not great ... the venue like Irv said.

Wouldn't have any interest of any of those, except metallica & maybe def leppard. That's only if it's at a good outside venue. 

Lars can’t play the drums and never could. He’s pure shit. Do you need videos of his live performances to understand this you inbred fucking hilljack?

18 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Good point...

That Tommy Lee upside down flint rubble bubble cake drumming would be cool to see. I think Dr Feelgood was last bit of music I could stand from them. Loved the early shit. Merry go round, too fast for love, etc

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 5:00 PM, f7ben said:

Lars can’t play the drums and never could. He’s pure shit. Do you need videos of his live performances to understand this you inbred fucking hilljack?

I've seen him live & up close. It sounded good to me ... :dunno:

3 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

I've seen him live & up close. It sounded good to me ... :dunno:

sorry man , he’s widely regarded as a fucking joke amongst anyone who knows anything about music. Also he’s an asshole. Now as for James and Cliff/Jason and Kirk. They all rock.

Edited by f7ben

On 7/24/2021 at 4:00 PM, f7ben said:

Snare high hat snare snare snare snare snare high hat high hat bass. Snare snare snare snare snare snare 

Lars really had no business being beyond a garage band. He can sort of carry a beat and has zero creativity. I used to think I hated Metallica but slowly realized I just can’t stand Lars elementary drumming.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 7/23/2021 at 10:43 PM, Snake said:

These guys opened for 5FDP in NH. I had never heard of them before. I was blown away. Their show is legit.

Black Widow and Blood are good albums  :bc: 

I would not drive down the block if I were given free tix to see Metallica . If I can reach the radio or phone when they come on I change the Chanel.  

Edited by Ez ryder

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

sorry man , he’s widely regarded as a fucking joke amongst anyone who knows anything about music. Also he’s an asshole. Now as for James and Cliff/Jason and Kirk. They all rock.

I'll admit I'm not even close to an expert on the technical aspect - but live, Lars rocked the house.

6 hours ago, ACE said:

Lars really had no business being beyond a garage band. He can sort of carry a beat and has zero creativity. I used to think I hated Metallica but slowly realized I just can’t stand Lars elementary drumming.  

Shut up stupid...

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I would not drive down the block if I were given free tix to see Metallica . If I can reach the radio or phone when they come on I change the Chanel.  

For one - metallica is no good played on your shitty stock system. I've heard morons like you say the same before. Tell em to listen to this on a good system in my vehicle or house ...then they're like whoa.

For two ...in the day, best live band ever. Concerts were pure awesome...

On 7/23/2021 at 12:49 PM, gravy davey said:

Pink Floyd and The Who put on some great shows but that was a couple of decades ago.  :lol:

I would have loved to see The Who in their prime...my favorite band and no questioning how good their drummer was.👊🏻

I saw these guys in 81...great show and Stewart Copeland is no slouch behind the kit.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

This was the best show I have seen to date. The Division Bell tour at the Silverdome

In 1994, Pink Floyd set out on a worldwide tour to follow the release of their album The Division Bell. When it was finished, it became the highest grossing rock tour in music history to date.

But something special happened at the second of two concerts in Michigan at the Pontiac Silverdome. On July 15th, the band treated the audience to the first entire performance of their historic album Dark Side of the Moon in concert since 1975.

https://wrkr.com/pink-floyd-michigan-silverdome/

7 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

I'll admit I'm not even close to an expert on the technical aspect - but live, Lars rocked the house.

Shut up stupid...

For one - metallica is no good played on your shitty stock system. I've heard morons like you say the same before. Tell em to listen to this on a good system in my vehicle or house ...then they're like whoa.

All that double bass you hear through the PA is system is triggered. If you actually listened to the live audio of what that moron plays you’d be shocked. He is fucking horrible 

12 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Black Widow and Blood are good albums  :bc: 

Yes. I have checked out their entire catalog...

30 minutes ago, polaris7541 said:

cant forget ac dc 

A lot dismiss AC/DC simply because they are so fucking successful. I saw them a dozen times. Would go back a dozen more... incredible shows.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

All that double bass you hear through the PA is system is triggered. If you actually listened to the live audio of what that moron plays you’d be shocked. He is fucking horrible 

Don't really care enough tbh. It sounded good at the shows ... the cassettes sounded good :lol:

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Yes. I have checked out their entire catalog...

A lot dismiss AC/DC simply because they are so fucking successful. I saw them a dozen times. Would go back a dozen more... incredible shows.

Never got a chance to see them. Heard they kicked ass tho. 

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Was thinking how their last couple albums would sound with a better drummer??

Probably better. Their guitar work is phenomenal. It’s the drumming that’s not only bad it’s way too basic 

19 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Shut up stupid...

Believe me I have always had a sweet home system . Dose not change the fact that Metallica is operated over played shit