Those 600 ZRTs are fast as fuck

Buddy was doubling his wife, albeit they are both pretty small , blew past me on my xcr700 lol. Twice. Lol. That was 10 years ago. Hes on a turbo now, I'm waiting for decent snow before I start looking again lol. After that experience, had a bit of appreciation for cat

In 96 I watched a couple locals racing in a field, a new zrt6 and xcr 6.  After those epic beatdowns I was hooked and that was the first sled I ever bought, years later.

It wasn't close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

In 96 I watched a couple locals racing in a field, a new zrt6 and xcr 6.  After those epic beatdowns I was hooked and that was the first sled I ever bought, years later.

It wasn't close.

I think his was either a 96 or 97.  Either way it was fast. At least my xcr sounded cool 🤣

1995 ZRT 800, thing was fast as fuck.  Buddies dad bought two of them off the showroom floor and we broke them in....literally.  Blew belts on them and one motor mount in less than 500 miles.  Great speed, shitty suspension, shitty build, but damn they were fast.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 7/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, LexusLover said:

1995 ZRT 800, thing was fast as fuck.  Buddies dad bought two of them off the showroom floor and we broke them in....literally.  Blew belts on them and one motor mount in less than 500 miles.  Great speed, shitty suspension, shitty build, but damn they were fast.  

I had a 98 ZRT8 that I bought from the owner of the local Cat Dealer...fasting thing I had been on but yeah the build quality wasn’t so not. One day I was moving it around the shop and I grabbed the front bumper to lift and slide the sled...I ended up with the bumper in my hands when I stood up while the sled was still on the ground. 😂😂

• Haha 1

My zrt I put on the black magic pipes and their clutching, and some reeds.  It ran out at 9400 rpm.  Man I miss the black magic days.  That sled screamed I had a DG 3-3 can too.  I don't really miss the triples but it was fun at the time and great graphics those years.  Cat was dominating then.

In 1990's we did a lot of testing by a local area that always froze earlier and normally had enough snow for lube and cooling  Guy got a 1995 ZRT 600 on loan from our local dealer that was an absolute stone.  Good running 440's were beating it Polaris and Ski-Doo 600's were killing it.  They working on it but were never in the game with the other 600's.  The 1996 production ZRT 600's ran good.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

My zrt I put on the black magic pipes and their clutching, and some reeds.  It ran out at 9400 rpm.  Man I miss the black magic days.  That sled screamed I had a DG 3-3 can too.  I don't really miss the triples but it was fun at the time and great graphics those years.  Cat was dominating then.

Black Magic was THE cat performance house back then. 

Their products rocked, and their customer support was an example for me on how we do things now.

Especially compared to D&D and some of the other shops from back then 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HSR said:

The fast ZRT6's around here were actually 800's with 600 decals

Freind had one of them and even put 600 mailbox stick on numbers to cover the 800 on the heads.  You also had to cover up the 800 on the seat 

Edited by Doug

19 minutes ago, Doug said:

Freind had one of them and even put 600 mailbox stick on numbers to cover the 800 on the heads.  You also had to cover up the 800 on the seat 

These guys would never lift the bonnet ( watching Grand Tour lately lol). I remember one guy saying brake fluid took the decals off the seat, never tried it meself :dunno: