New York Shootout

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What’s the air temperature in the morning vs. afternoon?!?!!!?!

The sleds are stock in the morning, then the dealers make them slower by fine tuning them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The sleds are stock in the morning, then the dealers make them slower by fine tuning them.

It’s why letting your dealer’s $14/hour tech set up your sled makes good sense.

“My $15k sled rides like shit.”

“How do you have the suspension set up?”

”However the dealer did it.”

”Oh.”

40012927-6C32-46AF-9783-8B7703344F2D.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone knows the Shootout is nothing but a good excuse to bash the other brands.  Between this one, and when Livingston's used to do their videos .... 100% entertainment!!

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Everyone knows the Shootout is nothing but a good excuse to bash the other brands.  Between this one, and when Livingston's used to do their videos .... 100% entertainment!!

Absolutely.  Of the motorsports I’ve been involved in, sledders are the most vocal on slashing the other brands down.  Have been as long as I can remember having winters!  That’s what makes us so much fun….for snotty, never satisfied, little assholes.  :lmao:

I heard Polaris is bringing a hot ecu again….and three replacement kills per sled.  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Absolutely.  Of the motorsports I’ve been involved in, sledders are the most vocal on slashing the other brands down.  Have been as long as I can remember having winters!  That’s what makes us so much fun….for snotty, never satisfied, little assholes.  :lmao:

I heard Polaris is bringing a hot ecu again….and three replacement kills per sled.  :dunno:

Yep - DynoTechJim is already working on breaking in the shootout sled, and then crating it back up to look like it's a new sled!!  Hot ECU and all :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep - DynoTechJim is already working on breaking in the shootout sled, and then crating it back up to look like it's a new sled!!  Hot ECU and all :whistle:

As long as he doesn’t try to get away with those cheating racing chisels!!!!  That’s a sure giveaway of a mod sled in this shootout!!!

41 minutes ago, Bontz said:

They need to make a few more 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Optimum conditions for sled racing!

It is. I know it’s a shocking fact for most people even in the 95 and sunny the cat 800 has less power than the 850s unless bike man is doing the dyno work 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

It is. I know it’s a shocking fact for most people even in the 95 and sunny the cat 800 has less power than the 850s unless bike man is doing the dyno work 

The cc’s are a hint too.

Now, I just hope the dirt is dry so we can get some TRUE idea of performances!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The cc’s are a hint too.

Now, I just hope the dirt is dry so we can get some TRUE idea of performances!

They better hope no one shows up with a fucking 03 f7. Then it’s dirt naps for all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

I don't know what you're talking about, the Livingston videos were all fact and settled science.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nothing compares to sleds in this way.  And for those that say they're unbiased and above all that, have fun with your skidoos and limp dicks.

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Nothing compares to sleds in this way.  And for those that say they're unbiased and above all that, have fun with your skidoos and limp dicks.

The only thing that may come close is truck brand arguments.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The only thing that may come close is truck brand arguments.

I can tell you, with 100% certainty, all trucks are junk .... well at least the ones that are legit trucks (Dodge, Ford, GM).  Toyota and Nissan don't count :lol:

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I can tell you, with 100% certainty, all trucks are junk .... well at least the ones that are legit trucks (Dodge, Ford, GM).  Toyota and Nissan don't count :lol:

I’d consider going another brand but, it’d have to be one helluva deal after my experience with tundra.  Yuh….it’s been that good.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’d consider going another brand but, it’d have to be one helluva deal after my experience with tundra.  Yuh….it’s been that good.

I heard they fired a guy and their sales are less than f150, so that means they're garbage.

4 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Has anyone heard if this years shootout will have spectators or be top secret again? 

as of the moment, it's supposed to be at the red barn and open to the public

that could change though, again.