Clearing the air on vaccines for covid

The “vaccine” makers never once said it would stop you from developing covid, which is the illness that one develops with an active infection of the virus called sars-cov-2

All they claimed is that is should lessen the severity of the symptoms should you get infected with the virus and it develops into the illness known as covid.

People testing positive after being vaccinated is actually expected. The hope is that they do not become sick enough to require hospitization, which they say was the point the entire time. To not overwhelm the hospital system.

The issue is really the risk\benefit analysis. People who are unhealthy could benefit from the protection from the vaccine while people who are not at risk of covid could be more at risk of complications from the vaccine. Younger, healthier people are not at risk of serious complications from covid, period. 

Also, the vaccine companies never once said that they would lower transmission rates. That’s an anti science non fact based talking point.  People with natural antibodies have been proven to be less risk to others than vaccinated people. That’s a fact. And taking the vaccine when you have natural immunity can actually raise your risk of developing covid AND transmitting it to others. So people demanding that you take this vaccine no matter what can actually be asking you to put yourself and others around you at risk just for their desire to feel good about themselves and look good to others 

Taking the vaccine is a personal choice and individual specific, period. I will not judge those who take it, nor will I judge those who do not. I ask the same in return. 

• Like 1

Just now, ACE said:

If not does that void your facts?

Well, the reason I ask is because some of this sounds like it’s right out of a textbook -

People with natural antibodies have been proven to be less risk to others than vaccinated people. That’s a fact.”

Herd immunity 101.

58 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Well, the reason I ask is because some of this sounds like it’s right out of a textbook -

People with natural antibodies have been proven to be less risk to others than vaccinated people. That’s a fact.”

Herd immunity 101.

Oh ok so you agree not everyone needs to be vaccinated?

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Oh ok so you agree not everyone needs to be vaccinated?

I'm really close, but if you could tell me some more about herd immunity and how the experts across the globe are telling people that if they've had covid they don't need a vaccine? Or, to make it easier, just provide a list of some of the 195 countries who's taking that official stance. 

Edit: Feel free to comment on Sweden, since you claimed they had herd immunity a year ago (apparently they had herd immunity in July, but lost is in Nov). Certainly they have no need for vaccines.

image.png.6a1df15023ba80d40b34141636a7e37b.png

Edited by akvanden

18 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I'm really close, but if you could tell me some more about herd immunity and how the experts across the globe are telling people that if they've had covid they don't need a vaccine? Or, to make it easier, just provide a list of some of the 195 countries who's taking that official stance. 

Edit: Feel free to comment on Sweden, since you claimed they had herd immunity a year ago (apparently they had herd immunity in July, but lost is in Nov). Certainly they have no need for vaccines.

It’s been proven that natural immunity is much better than the protection that the vaccine offers. To suggest otherwise is a conspiracy theory. 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s been proven that natural immunity is much better than the protection that the vaccine offers. To suggest otherwise is a conspiracy theory. 

Nothing beats Bill Gates, sorry OP! Oops 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I trust you, but you missed my questions.

1) which of the 195 countries across the globe is telling it's citizens if you've had covid you don't need a vaccine?

2) Tell me how Sweden had herd immunity in July and then lost it in November. And, since they have herd immunity, are they recommending their citizen be vaccinated?

Thanks

Just now, akvanden said:

I trust you, but you missed my questions.

1) which of the 195 countries across the globe is telling it's citizens if you've had covid you don't need a vaccine?

2) Tell me how Sweden had herd immunity in July and then lost it in November. And, since they have herd immunity, are they recommending their citizen be vaccinated?

Thanks

Again, I go by the science and not what “countries” say. The science says that natural immunity is significantly better than the protection that the vaccine offers. 

Sweden did have herd immunity in areas where the virus went through. When it gets to an area that it hasn’t gone through, cases of the cold go up because they don’t have immunity, then cases go down again. 

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Again, I go by the science and not what “countries” say. The science says that natural immunity is significantly better than the protection that the vaccine offers. 

Sweden did have herd immunity in areas where the virus went through. When it gets to an area that it hasn’t gone through, cases of the cold go up because they don’t have immunity, then cases go down again. 

ACE: more of a "science guy" than all 195 countries top epidemiologist/virologists. Nice work.

So Sweden didn't have herd immunity in July of last year like you claimed. Shocker.

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

ACE: more of a "science guy" than all 195 countries top epidemiologist/virologists. Nice work.

So Sweden didn't have herd immunity in July of last year like you claimed. Shocker.

I get a lot of my information from the top vaccinologist at the university of Guelph. Can you show me a vaccinologist that says that the vaccine offers better protection than the antibodies one gains from the virus itself?

sweden absolutely had herd immunity in the areas that it went through. That’s how it works 

AP FACT CHECK: Biden goes too far in assurances on vaccines

CALVIN WOODWARD and HOPE YEN
Wed, July 21, 2021, 8:18 PM CDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden offered an absolute guarantee Wednesday that people who get their COVID-19 vaccines are completely protected from infection, sickness and death from the coronavirus. The reality is not that cut and dried.

The vaccines are extremely effective but “breakthrough” infections do occur and the delta variant driving cases among the unvaccinated in the U.S. is not fully understood.

Also Biden inflated the impact of his policies on U.S. jobs created in his first half-year in office, misleadingly stating his administration had done more than any other president. He neglects to mention he had population growth on his side in his comparison.

A look at his remarks in a CNN town hall:

BIDEN: “If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the IC unit, and you’re not going to die.” — town hall.

THE FACTS: His remark accurately captures the strong protection the COVID-19 vaccines provide as cases spike among people who have resisted the shots. But it overlooks the rare exceptions.

As of July 12, the government had tallied 5,492 vaccinated people who tested positive for coronavirus and were hospitalized or died. That’s out of more than 159 million fully vaccinated Americans. The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, said “99.5% of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated.”

BIDEN: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” — town hall.

THE FACTS: Again, he painted with too broad a brush as he described in stark terms the disparity between those who got their shots and those who haven’t. The disparity is real, but a small number of breakthrough infections happen and health officials say they are not a cause for alarm.

No vaccines are perfect, and the government is keeping a close eye on whether new coronavirus mutants start to outsmart the COVID-19 shots. But for now, federal health officials say even when breakthrough infections occur, they tend to be mild — the vaccines so far remain strongly protective against serious illness.

BIDEN, asked about vaccinated people who get infected: “It may be possible, I know of none where they’re hospitalized, in ICU and or have passed away so at a minimum I can say even if they did contract it, which I’m sorry they did, it’s such a tiny percentage and it’s not life threatening.” — remarks to reporters after the event.

THE FACTS: Once again, too far. That is evident from the CDC's finding that 5,492 vaccinated people who tested positive for coronavirus were hospitalized or died as of July 12. That's not “none.” But he is correct that it is a small percentage of the more than 159 million fully vaccinated Americans.

BIDEN: “We’ve created more jobs in the first six months of our administration than any time in American history. No president, no administration, has ever created as many jobs.” — town hall.

THE FACTS: His claim is misleading.

While Biden’s administration in the first half year as president has seen more jobs created than any other president — just over 3 million in the five months tracked by jobs reports — that’s partly because the U.S. population is larger than in the past.

When calculated as a percentage of the workforce, job growth under President Jimmy Carter increased more quickly from February through June 1977 than the same five months this year: 2.2% for Carter, compared with 2.1% for Biden.

Since the late 1970s, the U.S. population has grown by more than 100 million people.

It’s true, though, that the economy is growing rapidly — it expanded at a 6.4% annual rate in the first three months of the year — and is expected to grow this year at the fastest pace since 1984.

Biden’s $1.9 trillion rescue package contributed to the vigorous growth, but much of the expansion also reflects a broader bounce-back from the unusually sharp pandemic recession, the deepest downturn since the 1930s. Even before Biden’s package, for example, the International Monetary Fund was projecting U.S. growth of over 5% for this year.

Biden is also leaving out the fact that the U.S. economy remains 6.8 million jobs short of its pre-pandemic level, and the unemployment rate is an elevated 5.9%, up from a five-decade low of 3.5% before the pandemic.

How long ago was it that the government couldn't be trusted to keep the time of day, now some seem to feel the government is infallible and their words must be taken as gospel.

Where did you people come from?

8 hours ago, akvanden said:

8 hours ago, ACE said:

Hey Fact Boy, you might have wanted to checkout the FACT that Sweden is vaccinating just like the rest of the planet LoL. Herd and natural immunity is great with closed borders, no international travel but that can't last forever.

9 hours ago, ACE said:

I get a lot of my information from the top vaccinologist at the university of Guelph. Can you show me a vaccinologist that says that the vaccine offers better protection than the antibodies one gains from the virus itself?

sweden absolutely had herd immunity in the areas that it went through. That’s how it works 

You're not aware of the fact they're recommending everyone get the vaccine, regardless if you've had it before or not? Doesn't that fly in the face of your claim?

Public announcement: Ace's household has herd immunity, therefore, lets declare Canada has herd immunity. Only certain areas need it to achieve it.