Ultimax Belt

A05GSHO

I can't see spending, what, $200 for a spare belt for my 2022 XCR 650 137.  I see on Ebay, maybe it was Amazon, a Ultimax XS801 for $100.

Anyone have experience with this belt on their Poo's?

Edited by A05GSHO

On 7/21/2021 at 7:24 AM, A05GSHO said:

I can't see spending, what, $200 for a spare belt for my 2022 XCR 650 137.  I see on Ebay, maybe it was Amazon, a Ultimax XS801 for $100.

George I have a Ultimax belt as my spare.  Bought it in 2019 put it on my sled at the time for about 50 miles to break it in and haven't had it on a sled since.  I normally change my belt after about 3000 miles and being I've done all the clutching and testing with the stock belt I put a new stock belt back on.  Some guys are using Gboost belts with good results also.   

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, A05GSHO said:

$99.83 free shipping here:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimax-XS-Drive-Belt-16in/dp/B000GV9FZO

On 7/21/2021 at 7:24 AM, A05GSHO said:

#3211165? doesn't Gates make the OEM belt?

probably proprietary but I'd dig into that

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gates+46C4387+G-Force+C12+Snowmobile+Drive+Belt+3211165+Carbon+Fiber+CVT&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS737US737&oq=Gates+46C4387+G-Force+C12+Snowmobile+Drive+Belt+3211165+Carbon+Fiber+CVT&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Polaris belts are produced by Mitsuboshi (MBL 3 Stars) at their plant in Illinois last i heard. As far as I know, they are still the OEM for both Cat and Polaris. Great belts. Overpriced, but great belts. 

4 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Not specifically on a poo, but we use, recommend and sell the ultimax for all of our turbo sleds as they have so far been the absolute best option.

That's even what all of our racers use with great results. 

Ya, ya, but does Rick and all his race teams approve ? LOL

14 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Not specifically on a poo, but we use, recommend and sell the ultimax for all of our turbo sleds as they have so far been the absolute best option.

That's even what all of our racers use with great results. 

The hell we put the XS through with the big tracked sleds, burying them in the deep snow, etc, I won’t run anything else. Clutching is always spot on too. It’s overkill but I just ordered one for the Indy as the factory belt is still on it (3100 rental miles) and is so thin the engagement is about 4600 and hits hard as fuck. 

Which reminds me, I need to get fresh clutch springs coming too. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

Tried Ultimax for the first time this season on my 17 Turbo and I'm very impressed.  About 700-800 miles on it now.

Hard to be sure (butt dyno), but it feels like it pulls harder/grips better.  My OEM belts last about 2k on the dot, so at half the cost the Ultimax only needs to make it 1000 miles to be the better choice all around.

Edited by Premium