• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What is this all about?

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

X2

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I think the salvation army decided to be "woke"

Yup. Just the other day. Crapped all over 95% of the peeps that donate to them. Unreal.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That's how I read it but, just wanna make sure I can start passing the red kettles with prejudice.

Yeah, unfortunately I threw some cash in before I heard about the bullshit

I don't know the whole story, didn't even read this piece in its entirety, but, unfortunately, banning/ignoring the Salvation Army will only hurt the people who rely on and need them the most.  

From the reading I have done in the past, this is one charity that uses the most of their donations and pays the least to the CEO's and the like.

Definitely stupid of them if true.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/salvation-army-racism-apologies/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

img_4_1639864950423.jpg

So sort of like the people behind every pot growing /extracting operation then .

Or are you now coming around to your own bullshit and dividing the monthly take evenly.  Yeah thought so 

3 hours ago, irv said:

I don't know the whole story, didn't even read this piece in its entirety, but, unfortunately, banning/ignoring the Salvation Army will only hurt the people who rely on and need them the most.  

From the reading I have done in the past, this is one charity that uses the most of their donations and pays the least to the CEO's and the like.

That was my understanding with their charity efficiency.  Too bad they went woke.  Cause everything woke goes broke.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

img_2_1639864082827.jpg

I disagree, I think their greatest trick was convincing everyone these historical statues need to be removed because those people did awful things,.These reminders of what awful people they were so history will not repeat itself..And plus they are statues of Democrats........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I disagree, I think their greatest trick was convincing everyone these historical statues need to be removed because those people did awful things,.These reminders of what awful people they were so history will not repeat itself..And plus they are statues of Democrats........

Totally. We wouldn't know anything about Hitler if there weren't statues of him all over Europe. 

4 hours ago, irv said:

They do a lot of good for a lot of families in our community, know many of the volunteers and I'll continue to support them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irv said:

Irv is absolutely correct. Good Post.

Typical Knee jerk reaction that the American public has based on a headline. If you read Irv's link you'll see that The Salvation Army's message would be inline with Jesus's message. The problem with is they used the word apologize which we all know is a trigger word that they shouldn't have used. I don't have a problem with them asking us to look inside, think about the issue and do our best to kind and decent. :bc:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1