• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HSR

• Jimmy Snacks

• joesale

• Jerry 976

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I never tried the MD 20/20…did get plowed on a cheap bottle of peppermint schapps when I was a freshman…good god.🤢

We used to get these on occasion…could really slam ‘em!😂

6948CC84-DCB2-480B-B2A5-0080D78DD4CD.jpeg.3798c7c14cf2877b6b4befc7c3b998a4.jpeg

Hell ya!!  We called them hand grenades!!  The sayings under the cap were great drunkin conversation starters as well.  Favorite was when my bud Whopper (spacy as all get out) opened one and announced "Bleam, to space out" oh fuck we were rolling.  Called him bleam for a while after that.  I prefered the 40oz versions myself.  Less than 3 bucks and you were plenty buzzed.   They had this challenge "the edward 40 hands" where you would duck tape to 40 oz bottles one to each hand and you couldn't piss or do anything with your hands until they were both gone.  That was a dirty challenge....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i was able to buy beer at 14. that would be 1980. there was little knowledge of good beer , but we strived for molson golden or ale. can't even smell that shit now. heineken gave me a headache. that was all you saw besides the pbr, genny, schlitz, piels , black label , budweiser, miller. i hung out in a local back road bar as a teenager, no drinking in there but i remember drafts were 10  for a dollar. looked like a coca cola glass. 10 of those and you will be ripped . i was lucky, at that age i could go to a local beer  store that had 101 kinds of beer. owner was a beer master. ask for a suggestion, he would pull a beer from under the counter and say "well i'm liking this warsteiner right now" so i would try it. actually like warsteiner to this day. once i started driving at 16 i was there more often. i used to tell girls i knew the owner and could get beer at 1 am . then i showed them. if he was still in the chair you could wake him up, and he would let you in the store. so i was in there 1 am, under age, and could charge it if i was short on cash. man we drank some good shit. back then his most expensive 6 pack was samichlaus at 25.00. that was a lot in 1980!

https://www.glunzbeers.com/beer/schloss-eggenberg/schloss-eggenberg-samichlaus-bier/

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I graduated HS in ‘85 and my older brother was drinking Moosehead one time and I thought it was cool shit so I had to give it a try.😜

My sister lived in Chicago at that time and I remember her bringing some of this home and IIRC it was good stuff…

32C32333-9B07-4BE5-BB71-AD41E33C81F0.jpeg.71714bea571d66ee973c62d59582003d.jpeg

1985 in Canada saw the longest strike in the beer workers union. The strike ran from May to November and affected Carling-O'Keefe, Molson and Labbatt. Only the independants and imports were available.

I was in college that year and when we went to the bar, this was all they had.

Grizzly Canadian Lager - Lakeport Brewing Company - Untappd

• Like 1

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I never tried the MD 20/20…did get plowed on a cheap bottle of peppermint schapps when I was a freshman…good god.🤢

We used to get these on occasion…could really slam ‘em!😂

6948CC84-DCB2-480B-B2A5-0080D78DD4CD.jpeg.3798c7c14cf2877b6b4befc7c3b998a4.jpeg

You aint missing much buddy!  :lol:

I was just talking about my high school days with this stuff earlier tonight!!  :lolz:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Badger** said:

That is something a 20 year old would drink to get drunk and not an adult. 

WTF do you think we are talking about…pay attention meat slapper.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3