Meme thread

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

You didn't answer highmarks question..what's "enough to live"??

No man can be a good citizen unless he has a wage more than sufficient to cover the bare cost of living, and hours of labor short enough so after his day's work is done he will have time and energy to bear his share in the management of the community, to help in carrying the general load.

Theodore Roosevelt

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I know more than they do and I still work for my money. 

Well that's the rub, isn't it? People will work for less than enough to live if that's their only option. They don't really get a say in it, do they? 

This is why capitalism is a flawed system. 

They 100% do.   You're telling me what you have earned over your life has been set or did you do things to change that yourself?

Now again define "enough to live."   What does "living" all include? 

Edited by Highmark

On 2/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, motonoggin said:

We have 60 employees, and they're all paid enough to live, even "entry level", which are all full time. 

So what are those wages?   Wages only please all other compensation doesn't count.  

On 2/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, motonoggin said:

I make six figures bro, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

If there is a job that needs to be done, whoever does it needs to be paid enough to live. If you can't afford workers to run your business, you have a bad business plan.

moto:  Raise wages

Employer: OK but then I need to raise prices in order to remain profitable.

moto:  You have a bad business plan.

:lmao:I love how commies think everything is so simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

No man can be a good citizen unless he has a wage more than sufficient to cover the bare cost of living, and hours of labor short enough so after his day's work is done he will have time and energy to bear his share in the management of the community, to help in carrying the general load.

Theodore Roosevelt

And the living wage is??

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

And the living wage is??

This is a question that will not be answered because the answer is around $30 per hr. Meaning every American currently earning less then $45 per hr will need a raise. 

Doing so will create inflation that will make the inflation we are experiancing now look like childs play.

In the process it will hammer those who do not work into the ground.

Like it or not , the truely poor in this country dont work. All giving more money to workers does is hurt the real poor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

This is a question that will not be answered because the answer is around $30 per hr. Meaning every American currently earning less then $45 per hr will need a raise. 

Doing so will create inflation that will make the inflation we are experiancing now look like childs play.

Like it or not , the truely poor in this country dont work. All giving more money to workers does is hurt the real poor.

When you raise the minimum wage you lower the standard of living for anyone close to that. Having made a few bucks over that and now having someone else handed it puts you in the same place. It's not like a more skilled worker will get a raise to keep ahead of the bottom feeders. 

There is no such thing as income equality.

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:news:  love that phrase esp when they argue 15 min wage s it which is less than most are paid in high cost areas.  

I'm just waiting for him to answer what he thinks a living wage is in his area..He doesn't seem to be able to answer and honestly avoiding the answer.. While in the same breath claiming business owners need to pay people a living wage...but then again it is motoderp..:lol:

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm just waiting for him to answer what he thinks a living wage is in his area..He doesn't seem to be able to answer and honestly avoiding the answer.. While in the same breath claiming business owners need to pay people a living wage...but then again it is motoderp..:lol:

Why should it be up to me to decide that? I thought workers had full control over their wages, that's why they've been stagnant for 4 decades...

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

So what are those wages?   Wages only please all other compensation doesn't count.  

moto:  Raise wages

Employer: OK but then I need to raise prices in order to remain profitable.

moto:  You have a bad business plan.

:lmao:I love how commies think everything is so simple. 

You're basically admitting that capitalism can't provide a decent standard of living for the working class.

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Congratulations, amongst the rest of that bullshit, you've identified a major flaw in the system. 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Why should it be up to me to decide that? I thought workers had full control over their wages, that's why they've been stagnant for 4 decades...

Because you bragged about paying your all your employees, 60 of em, a "living wage"... So you did decide what it is..

The absolute most important thing about that statement is what that wage is that you did decide for all entry level employees that they would be able to live and prosper on..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Because you bragged about paying your all your employees, 60 of em, a "living wage"... So you did decide what it is..

The absolute most important thing about that statement is what that wage is that you did decide for all entry level employees that they would be able to live and prosper on..

So now you're saying my employees don't have any say over their wage, that I'm the decider? 

53 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

So now you're saying my employees don't have any say over their wage, that I'm the decider? 

Im just going by what you said,..You almost done dancing around the question?? If you don't want to answer that's fine too, you can just say it

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Im just going by what you said,..You almost done dancing around the question?? If you don't want to answer that's fine too, you can just say it

He should run for a political job.  Fit right in with the rest of the responsibility/question dodgers. 
maybe just maybe the “don’t be getting high of your own supply” doesn’t exist at that workplace.

i think this is close to the same bullshit that some of us have seen asking a certain member to show your boat/hot girl/ they claimed to have 

Can we start a vote? 

Edited by Mark32786
  • Like 3