Meme thread

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What an embarrassment.   :lol: 

keep those kids from going to school, never give them a chance to be cool! 

He has some great music, too bad he thinks that he is  smarter than most.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 1/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, motonoggin said:

Of course. How could I forget to blame brown people???

:news:

wage-stagnation_1.png

You sleep with that under your pillow don't you?

download (17).png

15 minutes ago, joesale said:

Yeah, that’s a good song. Doesn’t seem that long ago, Neil was on the other side Being accused of spreading anti science lies about GMO’s or something. 

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You sleep with that under your pillow don't you?

download (17).png

"Compensation" is a bullshit number in this particular argument. 

The only stats that matter are spendable wages. I can't spend the non-cash benefits the company chooses to give to an extortionist health care company on my behalf. 

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The only stats that matter are spendable wages. I can't spend the non-cash benefits the company chooses to give to an extortionist health care company on my behalf. 

:lmao: 

Edited by Highmark

17 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Is health care the only compensation all companies give? 

I got/get a vehicle, vehicle repairs and maintenance covered, gas, cell phone, internet, laptop as compensation for the company I work for.. 

I do my own health insurance, I have a better plan at less money than what the company could provide.

2 hours ago, nrcptr said:

My opinion,

Keep em poor. Keep em borrowing. Keep em in debt. 

Gotta love banks.

That's the idea the system is built on.

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Is health care the only compensation all companies give? 

I got/get a vehicle, vehicle repairs and maintenance covered, gas, cell phone, internet, laptop as compensation for the company I work for.. 

I do my own health insurance, I have a better plan at less money than what the company could provide.

Good for you. Most workers don't get that and don't have those options for healthcare. 

Edited by motonoggin

Just now, motonoggin said:

Good for you. Most workers don't get that and don't have those options for healthcare. 

Anyone in America who wants can sign up with Fidelis or search for their own provider. Nobody is forced to go thru their employer they just choose to

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Anyone in America who wants can sign up with Fidelis or search for their own provider. Nobody is forced to go thru their employer they just choose to

We offer an opt out for HI with equal compensation and not 1 employee takes it because they know on their own it will cost them much, much more. 

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Most of the time they are. Very few offer cash in lieu of insurance. It might not even be legal in some situations, I don't know  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

We offer an opt out for HI with equal compensation and not 1 employee takes it because they know on their own it will cost them much, much more. 

Most places don't offer an opt out with pay. You either take the insurance or you don't get anything.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I was way cheaper leaving, but it is probably due to my situation, single parent with 2 kids..was paying $600+/mo with a 14k deductible, now I'm $220/mo with zero deductible for kids and $1300 for myself and we all got eyes and dental with the switch which we did not have before.. It is income based, I'd be considered lower middle class with what I show on paper and I am in NY also ..I'm sure it's all different state to state..

• Gold Member
13 hours ago, Cold War said:

What an embarrassment.   :lol: 

keep those kids from going to school, never give them a chance to be cool!