State of the site :(

Well guys I was just going through PayPal thinking that I should send renewals for CM's as I haven't done it since last November. I got discouraged as there were 21 unpaid renewals from last season. I had asked that anyone not wishing to renew to message me so I could delete the invoice. I don't have the time, or energy to continue to sort through these CM's when the members don't even have the courtesy to let me know that they don't wish to continue. Not to mention that those memberships were part of what we were counting on to keep the lights on. I feel as though I donate enough of my time keeping the site running, I'm not going to foot the bill too.

Any ideas?  Flood control and go back to a slower server to save $$$$?????

• Like 1

Dumb question - sorry John ... but is there a way to set up reminders for people, when their renewal is up?  That way YOU don't have to dick around with that stuff?  Or is this all on you to remind them?  Seems like a headache, and definitely not your burden to foot the bill.  I wish everyone who's posting here, especially the newer guys that came over from HCS like myself, could ante up and help out.  It's cheap entertainment!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Dumb question - sorry John ... but is there a way to set up reminders for people, when their renewal is up?  That way YOU don't have to dick around with that stuff?  Or is this all on you to remind them?  Seems like a headache, and definitely not your burden to foot the bill.  I wish everyone who's posting here, especially the newer guys that came over from HCS like myself, could ante up and help out.  It's cheap entertainment!!

I had a PayPal link for a reoccurring membership that automatically renewed every year. I only had a few use it, so I just continued to do it manually. I think the software company offers a plugin for it, but that's just another expense.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

I had a PayPal link for a reoccurring membership that automatically renewed every year. I only had a few use it, so I just continued to do it manually. I think the software company offers a plugin for it, but that's just another expense.

Is the plug-in a one time cost?  How much????

1 minute ago, A05GSHO said:

Is the plug-in a one time cost?  How much????

Last time I looked it was $100. Then, it was $25 every 6 months for the subscription.

• Gold Member
43 minutes ago, ckf said:

Well guys I was just going through PayPal thinking that I should send renewals for CM's as I haven't done it since last November. I got discouraged as there were 21 unpaid renewals from last season. I had asked that anyone not wishing to renew to message me so I could delete the invoice. I don't have the time, or energy to continue to sort through these CM's when the members don't even have the courtesy to let me know that they don't wish to continue. Not to mention that those memberships were part of what we were counting on to keep the lights on. I feel as though I donate enough of my time keeping the site running, I'm not going to foot the bill too.

Bikini car wash to raise the funds:dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not to lay the guilt trip on anyone who isn't already doing this ... well, really it is an attempt at a guilt trip!   If you're on here more than a few times a week, you can help:

http://www.freedomsledder.com/cm.html

"For as little as 7 cents a day, you can help keep starving kids ... wait, no ... you can keep endangered species .. wait!!  Dammit!!  You can help make FreedomSledder the best snowmobile/non-snowmobile site around!"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

I'd get setup on automatic payments if i knew how:dunno:

I'll work on it and let you know.  It would save me a lot of crap if we could migrate everyone over to something like that :bc:

Feel free to PM me if anyone would rather drop a check in the mail. I also have other CC processing options for those of you that don't do PayPal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'll work on it and let you know.  It would save me a lot of crap if we could migrate everyone over to something like that :bc:

Feel free to PM me if anyone would rather drop a check in the mail. I also have other CC processing options for those of you that don't do PayPal.

Paypal also processes cards for nonpaypaler’s right ?

1 hour ago, ckf said:

You could always sell the site to Vertical Scope Inc.................... :hdchr:

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/35946-email-from-verticlescope-lol/

:lol::lol2:

How do I know when my membership payment is due?? I think it's March but can't seem to find anything in/on my account when it expires????

28 minutes ago, CFM said:

Paypal also processes cards for nonpaypaler’s right ?

Correct.

25 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Just sent you mine.  I had started it in July 2019 and then didn't pay again until Dec 2020 so figured I was due.

19 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

You could always sell the site to Vertical Scope Inc.................... :hdchr:

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/35946-email-from-verticlescope-lol/

:lol::lol2:

How do I know when my membership payment is due?? I think it's March but can't seem to find anything in/on my account when it expires????

:lol:

I send out renewals, but would like to try to make it easier :bc:

17 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Done

• Like 2

• Gold Member

@ckf thanks for hosting this place and modding it (with that short itch Joella), you keep me entertained a good portion of the day.  :bc:

Maybe we can do traditional type fund raising like hats or t-shirts or something? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Pretty sure I am up to date, but if not send me an invoice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ckf said:

OK how do I know if I need to re up to this monkey cage?

Not sure how it all works ,how about non contributing get 2 post per day , no pics, no pm privileges? Just

A thought