Hay Days 2021

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Aren't you on the Facebook?  There's plenty for sale, or there has been.  

Yes, I’m watching a couple but, nothing is really turning my crank right now.  I want another SX but, that’s a project better suited for the start of summer because of what’s involved now.  Not to mention I want a race sled that’s damn near just been uncrated.

I’ll nab something sooner or later.

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, I’m watching a couple but, nothing is really turning my crank right now.  I want another SX but, that’s a project better suited for the start of summer because of what’s involved now.  Not to mention I want a race sled that’s damn near just been uncrated.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/snw/d/minneapolis-2013-polaris-iqr-600/7373973228.html

I know this is the wrong flavor for you, but it is still in the box! 😁

50 minutes ago, Potatodigger1 said:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/snw/d/minneapolis-2013-polaris-iqr-600/7373973228.html

Who buys something like that, keeps it like that, then just up and decides to sell it 8 years later? 

2 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

In 2010 took a 2008 IQR and put a XCR 800 triple in.  Fun sled at times and surprised a lot of people but really never liked the sled.  Pulled the motor sold the pipes, mounting plate and chassis and bought a 2011 Assault.

Neat sled to have for the right rider

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Who buys something like that, keeps it like that, then just up and decides to sell it 8 years later? 

I used to get my hands on the list of sleds that Cat would get back from former dealers.

A few sleds I should have bought back then...

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I used to get my hands on the list of sleds that Cat would get back from former dealers.

A few sleds I should have bought back then...

Bought a 1999 XCR 440 chassis roller first year for the Edge chassis from Pro-5.  Put 700 twin in that was a fun sled.

17 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It was probably a back up sled someone got back in the day and never used because they didn’t need it. Now they are cleaning house of things they don’t need 

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It was probably a back up sled someone got back in the day and never used because they didn’t need it. Now they are cleaning house of things they don’t need 

Yeah. I wish I had money to race sleds, have a back up sled, not need it and then just decide to get it because I needed the room, etc. Fuck. :wall:

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah. I wish I had money to race sleds, have a back up sled, not need it and then just decide to get it because I needed the room, etc. Fuck. :wall:

There’s a ton of that goes on. Levi lavalle usually has a pile of un crated race sleds he sells off. However he gets rid of them the end of the season not 8 years later lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

There’s a ton of that goes on. Levi lavalle usually has a pile of un crated race sleds he sells off. However he gets rid of them the end of the season not 8 years later lol

That is a sore subject with some of the Polaris racers.  

On 9/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, Zambroski said:

21 RSX just posted in Snocross buy/sell group with 1.6 hours of run time or 7 large.

06787 zip code.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, racinfarmer said:

That is a sore subject with some of the Polaris racers.  

I don’t get it.  What did I miss?  :dunno:

note: I’m not doubting at all that something more is upsetting to Poo riders.  :lmao:

36 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Road trip you pussy! 

Shit, that’s a fucking haul!  And in a fucking truck that requires a refuel every 3 hours?  :lmao:

Pass.  Meh, no matter.  That sled was prolly gone within an hour of posting.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:44 AM, Zambroski said:

I don’t get it.  What did I miss?  :dunno:

note: I’m not doubting at all that something more is upsetting to Poo riders.  :lmao:

Shit, that’s a fucking haul!  And in a fucking truck that requires a refuel every 3 hours?  :lmao:

Pass.  Meh, no matter.  That sled was prolly gone within an hour of posting.

There were racers who would apply for a sled or two and the one or none and would be told they had none available, yet others who weren't even racing were getting sleds.

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

There were racers who would apply for a sled or two and the one or none and would be told they had none available, yet others who weren't even racing were getting sleds.

Yep in those days it was all about who you were and what dealer you were working with 

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Just on the Poo side?  Whew, that’s hard to imagine that they’d have “none available”.  God damn there are more IQR’s out there on the trail than any other race sled….and it isn’t even close.  

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just on the Poo side?  Whew, that’s hard to imagine that they’d have “none available”.  God damn there are more IQR’s out there on the trail than any other race sled….and it isn’t even close.  

I think he was referring to cat. Iqr were flooded every where. Cats were hard to come by. Cats program in sx was tucker and now it’s dead. Cat did the samething in xc with the sp500 and the rxc. Now that doo and poo are offering a xc sled this year it will level the field. 

On 8/31/2021 at 9:09 AM, Zambroski said:

I’m scared to think I may have to pick one up at haydays.  It’s like going to the “credit don’t matter” used car lot under the old gas station lights on the corner.  You get what they have and roll the dice.  Bunch of clapped out shit wagons.

Jesus.

I do have a rave 850 on hold per say at my dealer. They put it into the demo program but will let me do the demo for them then sell it at the demo price - it still makes my butthole hurt.

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think he was referring to cat. Iqr were flooded every where. Cats were hard to come by. Cats program in sx was tucker and now it’s dead. Cat did the samething in xc with the sp500 and the rxc. Now that doo and poo are offering a xc sled this year it will level the field. 

It will be interesting this year with the new team out of fargo... and the riders they have signed.