Hay Days 2021

Now that things are looking to be more real, and Hay Days 2021 SHOULD happen ... who's going?  I hope the Barons aren't forced into some sort of limited capacity / COVID protocol?  Assuming it goes as it always has, I'm pretty sure we'll be up there on Saturday and taking it all in after missing last year.  Not sure I really need anything since I already ordered stuff for my SIX FIDDY XCR (:lol2:) ... but that doesn't mean something won't catch my eye.  I may have to check out some new gear as my stuff is getting older, so we'll see what they have.  If stuff sells like all the powersports stuff has been going the last year, it may be slim pickings early on this year?

I’m going with the usual suspects, be there on Friday, so we get to be part of the “pre-sale” sales! I would think the clothing selection won’t be what it normally is, seems a lot of stuff was out of stock last year?? It will still be a good time with friends and a couple thirteen-fourteen wobble pops 😎! Maybe find out some interesting tidbits on the new XC race sled from some inside sources!

• Like 1

Considering that supply issues are out of hand like a MF’er, I’m not betting that there will be a lot of stuff there for sale other than the swap area. Haven’t decided whether I am going or not. 

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Considering that supply issues are out of hand like a MF’er, I’m not betting that there will be a lot of stuff there for sale other than the swap area. Haven’t decided whether I am going or not. 

This is what I'm kinda wondering about too .... but I'm sure we'll still go.  Between the gas and the entry fee, it's probably not worth it - but it's the kickoff to winter so we'll likely be there.

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

This is what I'm kinda wondering about too .... but I'm sure we'll still go.  Between the gas and the entry fee, it's probably not worth it - but it's the kickoff to winter so we'll likely be there.

Totally get that. If it was as close for me as it is you guys, I would still go too. That 14 hour drive sucks ass for a half assed show though. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't miss it, always look forward to spending a bunch of cash and kicking the dust around. 

I'll need to grab another case of oil and maybe a belt from Ken's.  If I find anything else that's just a bonus.  Probably need to look for a pair of Klim boots too.  By the time I started looking last winter they were sold out.

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I doubt there will be many deals as well because of that. I know I won’t be going again this year. 

On 7/12/2021 at 9:53 AM, Bontz said:

Now that things are looking to be more real, and Hay Days 2021 SHOULD happen ... who's going?  I hope the Barons aren't forced into some sort of limited capacity / COVID protocol?  Assuming it goes as it always has, I'm pretty sure we'll be up there on Saturday and taking it all in after missing last year.  Not sure I really need anything since I already ordered stuff for my SIX FIDDY XCR (:lol2:) ... but that doesn't mean something won't catch my eye.  I may have to check out some new gear as my stuff is getting older, so we'll see what they have.  If stuff sells like all the powersports stuff has been going the last year, it may be slim pickings early on this year?

You should buy up all the Arctic Cat crap you can carry, before they finally kill the brand.

23 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I doubt there will be many deals as well because of that. I know I won’t be going again this year. 

Did you get a motorized scooter yet, you cripple.

:lol2:

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You should buy up all the Arctic Cat crap you can carry, before they finally kill the brand.

Did you get a motorized scooter yet, you cripple.

:lol2:

No still waiting on the ups guy. If it shows up soon I will be able to go to haydays. Will probably throw my back out riding it through the haydays parking lot lol

• Haha 1

Already starting my shopping for this winter.  Been looking for a new OEM seat cover for over a year now.  Country Cat just so happened to have one on clearance.

In other news, Cat parts seem to have jumped in price by about 25% this year.  Need to buy a set of slugs and gaskets to freshen up the top end yet this fall.  Might as well get them here before they are backordered for 6 months.

image.thumb.png.47cb035acaf740fa239dc4482ccd6f78.png

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Already starting my shopping for this winter.  Been looking for a new OEM seat cover for over a year now.  Country Cat just so happened to have one on clearance.

In other news, Cat parts seem to have jumped in price by about 25% this year.  Need to buy a set of slugs and gaskets to freshen up the top end yet this fall.  Might as well get them here before they are backordered for 6 months.

According to Ramstad, it's not necessary as they never fail.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

We had had to raise our prices about 15-20% at work Since January 1. Just did another 2.5% yesterday. 

On 7/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Totally get that. If it was as close for me as it is you guys, I would still go too. That 14 hour drive sucks ass for a half assed show though. 

1/2 ass ? When has hay days been 1/2 ass ?  Fri night is the real party . Band in the beer garden every one in full party mode security non existent.  If I only could go 1 day it would 100% be Fri 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

1/2 ass ? When has hay days been 1/2 ass ?  Fri night is the real party . Band in the beer garden every one in full party mode security non existent.  If I only could go 1 day it would 100% be Fri 

Not into party beer tents or swap meets. Well, if the swap meet was ONLY late model-ish sled parts, I might be interested but even then only mildly. 

Went to Haydays for a string of years. 6 or 7 maybe? Went into the swap meet area one time on Friday night. Place was packed full of drunk people selling abstract bullshit that they cleaned out of their basement, a bunch of used/beaten to fuck sleds and a shitload of 90’s and 2000’s sled parts. Oh I did have a guy trying to sell me the little charcoal grill and leftover charcoal that he just got do using to cook some food with, so there’s that. 

I use to enjoy seeing other vendors and friends that I only ever saw once a year at Haydays. Oh and the occasional visit from Big Fuse and his son Bontz. :lol:

• Haha 1

I'll be there as always. I'm also in fear of the prices. I really could use a new helmet, goggles, jacket. I suspect that it'll be more of a party at Hay Days this year versus a buying frenzy for me like it usually is. I think we're going to see nothing but retail prices......

Except for Cat gear from 2014.....there'll be plenty of that.......

14 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Not into party beer tents or swap meets. Well, if the swap meet was ONLY late model-ish sled parts, I might be interested but even then only mildly. 

Went to Haydays for a string of years. 6 or 7 maybe? Went into the swap meet area one time on Friday night. Place was packed full of drunk people selling abstract bullshit that they cleaned out of their basement, a bunch of used/beaten to fuck sleds and a shitload of 90’s and 2000’s sled parts. Oh I did have a guy trying to sell me the little charcoal grill and leftover charcoal that he just got do using to cook some food with, so there’s that. 

I use to enjoy seeing other vendors and friends that I only ever saw once a year at Haydays. Oh and the occasional visit from Big Fuse and his son Bontz. :lol:

I never step foot into the swap area anymore. I toured it a few times when I went the first couple times. Now I if I go I watch the racing and drink beer as I can get anything I need from my local dealer cheaper than at haydays. Personally I think Princeton is a lot better. 

Can't believe you guys don't like the swap meets.  I love seeing all the stuff.  Love making comments and seeing all the random stuff.  And maybe even finding something I didn't know I needed.

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I never step foot into the swap area anymore. I toured it a few times when I went the first couple times. Now I if I go I watch the racing and drink beer as I can get anything I need from my local dealer cheaper than at haydays. Personally I think Princeton is a lot better. 

I was always there helping a vendor/friend with his booth. We tried venturing out into the swap area a few times, after we got set up on Friday. Not my cup of tea. Always had more fun hanging out with Entz, etc after hours (Fox Shocks party, etc). Michigan doesn’t have shit for decent sled shows anymore and I’ll bet that with online buying most shows will be a thing of the past before too long. Sucks. I use to actually look forward to Haydays and Novi. 

So I have a question what the fuck better do you guys have to do mid Sept? Watch tge wife watch TV ride your bike for the 50th time that summer ? If in to sleds or any powersports I can't think of a better place to spend the weekend 

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So I have a question what the fuck better do you guys have to do mid Sept? Watch tge wife watch TV ride your bike for the 50th time that summer ? If in to sleds or any powersports I can't think of a better place to spend the weekend 

Again, it’s a 14ish hour drive for me and multiple days off work. Plus, if you don’t plan a year in advance, hotels are almost impossible to find and no, I’m not camping in that sesspool. If I could do it as a day trip, hell yes I would go.