College is a scam and the idea of free college is ridiculous

• Platinum Contributing Member

They want the tax payers to pick up the tab for 100% of the indoctrination from preschool thru college. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

They want the tax payers to pick up the tab for 100% of the indoctrination from preschool thru college. 

You guys whine and whine about government this, government that.

He’s right where a lot of these jobs can be learned on the job 

free college is nothing but corporate welfare and even further cheapens the validity of a college degree 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably a better investment than conventional college is to go to like an ITT technical institution or something like that and just study something really general like IT.  Basically every company needs them so plenty of opportunity.  Plus it’s not as tough or as expensive as a traditional 4 year engineering degree or doctor or lawyer.  Sort of a nice middle ground I bet.  

The party scene probably isn’t as good though.  

Edited by Plissken

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Depending on the degree,College is the worst money pit,next to big weddings.

I have a friend who flipped the bill for a big wedding 2 yrs ago and his daughter and her husband then lived in his basement for 2 years.  Could have EZ used that money and paid 25% of a starter home . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a friend who flipped the bill for a big wedding 2 yrs ago and his daughter and her husband then lived in his basement for 2 years.  Could have EZ used that money and paid 25% of a starter home . 

I paid for mine and kept it under $6k including renting a dinner train car.

Why go big on that shit?  People have to keep up with the Joneses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I know someone that dropped 40k on a wedding and their daughter divorced the the guy two years later.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You guys whine and whine about government this, government that.

Maybe you would too if your wife worked in the private sector. 

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I paid for mine and kept it under $6k including renting a dinner train car.

Why go big on that shit?  People have to keep up with the Joneses.

We had a pretty big wedding but it was relitivly inexpensive . Had wedding in the Serbian church and reception in the basement. Most  Serbian churches have bars in the basement.  The church lady's cooked most of the food and few of my old school uncles got 2 lambs and a bunch of turkeys  and cooked them whole hog style.  Can't remember but I think the whole thing was less than 10k 25 yrs ago 

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I know someone that dropped 40k on a wedding and their daughter divorced the the guy two years later.

Yup, same thing here. 75K on a fukking wedding, and it didn,t even last 1 year. Another local idiot had to outdo the first guy, and spent over 100K, and that one didn,t last a year either. Gotta keep up to the Jones. Amazes me that the parents are smart enough to make enough money to blow on stupidity, but dumb enough not to be able to see that the marriage isn,t going to last, way before it even happens.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Probably cost him more for the divorce though :lol:

10 hours ago, ACE said:

I don’t understand big weddings. What an absolute waste of money 

I just about refuse to go to them. It’s just a dog and pony show. The bigger they are,the more boring they get.

• Like 1