Job Openings Are at Record Highs. Why Aren’t Unemployed Americans Filling Them?

24 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

But he can't,  Mr independent has gone full liberal retard 

But but but he chose the one out of a hundred reasons to play his narrative.

Fuck research, professionals and experts……Thats a retard or a typical Trumper.

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I believe in research, and experts,  but not when they are shilling for the government selling a narrative that doesn't match independent research and actual real world and not manipulated results 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Wsj workes overtime to run cover for the DFL always have always will . Fact 

Tell us this pampers.  If benefits were to be cut off today how many of the open jobs do you think would still be open in Aug 1st? 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Wsj workes overtime to run cover for the DFL always have always will . Fact 

Tell us this pampers.  If benefits were to be cut off today how many of the open jobs do you think would still be open in Aug 1st? 

It’s pretty easy to see look at unemployment rates of states that stopped offering the federal unemployment money vs ones that still do. I’m very curious (but really already know) what the numbers will look like for NH for July on since the federal freebies stopped June 19th.

Mainecat....here is real world example for you to ponder...

Our employees make $30 per hour in wages and they have a $25 per hour benefits package.  We are having a difficult time getting many of them to come back to work.  They figure that after taxes etc. that their take home pay is about $800 per week.  In the lovely state of NY the maximum unemployment rate is $504 per week.  Add in the $300 and they are in the neighborhood of their take home pay.  They can sit home, hang out etc. and get close to the same money in their pocket weekly.  A lot of them can't see/don't care they are losing out by not working and putting money in their retirement plans, annuities, health insurance.  They live for today.  I agree, no millionaires are being created with the extra $300 but it is keeping many people from working.  They are grabbing some side work a couple days a week for $250 a day under the table and they are making more than usual and having a couple days off a week.  

Yup, people say you can deny their unemployment because they are unavailable for work.  Not a great idea to have disgruntled employees working for you nowadays.  

Sorry, i couldn't read your article, i don't subscribe to WSJ.  I don't need anyone telling me why people are not working.  I know why.  Some people only need a certain amount of money to make them happy.  They don't want or care about getting "ahead" in life.  Sadly, this mindset is becoming more prevalent.  When the $300 goes away, most of them will go back to work. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

MC, the FS fool, has no use for real life examples or logic and reasoning.  He only believes what the MSM feeds him and even then has a hard time understanding what it means.

Edited by jdsky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pjameven said:

Mainecat....here is real world example for you to ponder...

Our employees make $30 per hour in wages and they have a $25 per hour benefits package.  We are having a difficult time getting many of them to come back to work.  They figure that after taxes etc. that their take home pay is about $800 per week.  In the lovely state of NY the maximum unemployment rate is $504 per week.  Add in the $300 and they are in the neighborhood of their take home pay.  They can sit home, hang out etc. and get close to the same money in their pocket weekly.  A lot of them can't see/don't care they are losing out by not working and putting money in their retirement plans, annuities, health insurance.  They live for today.  I agree, no millionaires are being created with the extra $300 but it is keeping many people from working.  They are grabbing some side work a couple days a week for $250 a day under the table and they are making more than usual and having a couple days off a week.  

Yup, people say you can deny their unemployment because they are unavailable for work.  Not a great idea to have disgruntled employees working for you nowadays.  

Sorry, i couldn't read your article, i don't subscribe to WSJ.  I don't need anyone telling me why people are not working.  I know why.  Some people only need a certain amount of money to make them happy.  They don't want or care about getting "ahead" in life.  Sadly, this mindset is becoming more prevalent.  When the $300 goes away, most of them will go back to work. 

If you take the time to read the story I posted that was ONE reason among 50 why your employees are not coming back.

Taking the 60.00 a day away won’t matter to many.

16 hours ago, jdsky said:

MC, the FS fool, has no use for real life examples or logic and reasoning.  He only believes what the MSM feeds him and even then has a hard time understanding what it means.

I lived the real life dumb ass. 

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I lived the real life dumb ass. 

So would you go back to work if you made 950 a week take home at your job if you were getting 800 to stay home? 

Ok then 

Now if the 800 stoped what would you do  

31 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So would you go back to work if you made 950 a week take home at your job if you were getting 800 to stay home? 

Ok then 

Now if the 800 stoped what would you do  

I wouldn’t be on FS as a business owner bitching about lazy employees who worked for me that won’t come back. 
If the product you manufacture or the service you sell can’t support you making a profit by paying your employees what the market demands…….you shouldn’t be in business…..end of story.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I wouldn’t be on FS as a business owner bitching about lazy employees who worked for me that won’t come back. 
If the product you manufacture or the service you sell can’t support you making a profit by paying your employees what the market demands…….you shouldn’t be in business…..end of story.

But you’ll demonstrate online your complete hypocrisy, compulsive lies and raging case of dunning Kruger 

35 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lol what the market demands.  So in your and the wsj mind 28 ish to 35 is bucks a hr with Benny's is not worth getting out if bed for . Quit the welfare and see how fast people go back to work . Market demand is not real when the govenment is paying them to stay home . This is fact always has been fact . Not sure if they are just attempting some grand scale welfare program to build on the abysmal failed system of the last 50 yrs to see if they really can get the masses fully addicted to govenment control 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol what the market demands.  So in your and the wsj mind 28 ish to 35 is bucks a hr with Benny's is not worth getting out if bed for . Quit the welfare and see how fast people go back to work . Market demand is not real when the govenment is paying them to stay home . This is fact always has been fact . Not sure if they are just attempting some grand scale welfare program to build on the abysmal failed system of the last 50 yrs to see if they really can get the masses fully addicted to govenment control 

Whatever it takes. Not sure what you don’t understand about that. You mumble on and on about the government this and the government that BUT you have to operate a business with anything thrown at it and if your at a point when profit is no longer there you should shut your doors. Sad yes but reality is what it is.

54 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Whatever it takes. Not sure what you don’t understand about that. You mumble on and on about the government this and the government that BUT you have to operate a business with anything thrown at it and if your at a point when profit is no longer there you should shut your doors. Sad yes but reality is what it is.

So you are OK with govenment paying millions of able body people to not work for zero benefit to the countery at all . Got it 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So you are OK with govenment paying millions of able body people to not work for zero benefit to the countery at all . Got it 

During a pandemic yes. The money is fueling the economy the very economy who’s business owners are complaining.

Remember lack of business requires ZERO employees.

So if you offer enough compensation you will have employees. If you don’t want to pay that close your doors.

Just now, Mainecat said:

During a pandemic yes. The money is fueling the economy the very economy who’s business owners are complaining.

Remember lack of business requires ZERO employees.

So if you offer enough compensation you will have employees. If you don’t want to pay that close your doors.

Pandemic is over . And the payments  should have stoped in Jan.  But then I don't think there should have ever been any payments . It was not the government's place to put privet buisness out of buisnes and the goveners who did should be heald liable in civil court. 

• Thanks 2

Isn't this all basically a first rate sorting system?

Do we want to hire people willing to sit on their butts for that kind of measly money.  I'd walk away from hiring anyone that has been sitting around collecting.  I don't need to work with that kind of lazy all day. 

I also shy away from anyone that used this whole thing as an excuse to treat their EEs like crap.  Excuses are a commodity that seem to be in surplus.  The time for excuses and complaining is over.  There are plenty of hard working people that have their say in that matter right now.  Let them choose the good jobs and the crappers will get sorted out too. 

In the end, the lazy workers will end up working for guess who?