*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So who the hell is wonderwoman racing. Chics been kicking everyones ass since the beginning.

I think its that chic in the one thread willyblower is jealous about. :lmao:

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I’m having a bad day.......lol

I on the other hand am having a good day. I find out this morning that Tomac won the mud fest supercross last night. Then I watch Vettel win the f1 race with worn out tires. Shrub winning the NASCAR race capped off my day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I on the other hand am having a good day. I find out this morning that Tomac won the mud fest supercross last night. Then I watch Vettel win the f1 race with worn out tires. Shrub winning the NASCAR race capped off my day.

Shoulda joined the nascar pool mang.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

93rd for the week...........................hahahaha......fuck

When I go down, I go down big.

#1 on the loser list.

I would have done better if I didn't pick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

NASCAR is fucked for calling this an uncontrolled tire and giving Blaney a penalty...WTF.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickbromberg/status/983097185612042242

Seems to me the crew knew exactly where it was. Waiting patiently to be picked up. NASCAR=dummies

29 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Harvick had a similar issue later in the race and didnt get a penalty.

3 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Seems to me the crew knew exactly where it was. Waiting patiently to be picked up. NASCAR=dummies

That's why NASCAR is fucked.

Restrictor plates at All-Star Race?

Clint Bowyer's spotter said on a podcast this week that NASCAR will use restrictor plates for next month's All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It would be the first time restrictor plates have been used at that track in Cup.

"This is going to happen,'' said Brett Griffin on the podcast "Door Bumper Clear on Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Dirty Mo Radio. "They're going to put restrictor plates on these cars for the All-Star Race. They're going to knock like 250 horsepower off. We're going to run, I think we're basically running the Xfinity package from Indy ... last year. I was told top speed is going to be around 170 miles an hour.''

NASCAR would not confirm the change Tuesday. NBC Sports has learned through industry sources that are not authorized to speak publicly about it that the move is expected to be made. Teams are expected to be notified soon and an official announcement made this week.

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

Restrictor plates at All-Star Race?

Clint Bowyer's spotter said on a podcast this week that NASCAR will use restrictor plates for next month's All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It would be the first time restrictor plates have been used at that track in Cup.

"This is going to happen,'' said Brett Griffin on the podcast "Door Bumper Clear on Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Dirty Mo Radio. "They're going to put restrictor plates on these cars for the All-Star Race. They're going to knock like 250 horsepower off. We're going to run, I think we're basically running the Xfinity package from Indy ... last year. I was told top speed is going to be around 170 miles an hour.''

NASCAR would not confirm the change Tuesday. NBC Sports has learned through industry sources that are not authorized to speak publicly about it that the move is expected to be made. Teams are expected to be notified soon and an official announcement made this week.

The allstar race is a waste of time imo...its not like winning it is big money to these teams anymore....at least to the guys that have a real chance of winning anyway.

18 hours ago, DAVE said:

The allstar race is a waste of time imo...its not like winning it is big money to these teams anymore....at least to the guys that have a real chance of winning anyway.

given the sponsorship issues that even top teams have also suffered i don't necessarily think that's true esp as manufacturer supports been cut,  they still need the race because of the prize money as well as another weekend fo merchandising from those coming to see it and doing shop tours etc.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

given the sponsorship issues that even top teams have also suffered i don't necessarily think that's true esp as manufacturer supports been cut,  they still need the race because of the prize money as well as another weekend fo merchandising from those coming to see it and doing shop tours etc.  

Have a regular race that means something then.

• Like 2

Hopefully no one here had Elliott this week.

NASCAR released the Post-Event Penalty Report for Texas Motor Speedway:

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Texas Motor Speedway

Infraction Date: 4/8/2018 (post-race inspection)
Team: #9-Chase Elliott
Violation: Section 20.4.8.1 Rear Window Support and Structure Note: Rear Window Support Braces must keep the rear window glass rigid in all direction at all times
Penalty: Crew Chief (Alan Gustafson) has been suspended for the next two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship Points Events and fined $50,000. Team has been assessed with the loss of 20 owner points and 20 driver points.

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Hopefully no one here had Elliott this week.

NASCAR released the Post-Event Penalty Report for Texas Motor Speedway:

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Texas Motor Speedway

Infraction Date: 4/8/2018 (post-race inspection)
Team: #9-Chase Elliott
Violation: Section 20.4.8.1 Rear Window Support and Structure Note: Rear Window Support Braces must keep the rear window glass rigid in all direction at all times
Penalty: Crew Chief (Alan Gustafson) has been suspended for the next two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship Points Events and fined $50,000. Team has been assessed with the loss of 20 owner points and 20 driver points.

Nope and that seems like a harsh penalty....NASCAR again with the fucked up rules and penalties.