*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Looks like HMS will be getting some penalties next week.

NASCAR officials took the hood louvers from the four Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolets at Phoenix Raceway, and the sanctioning body will bring them to the NASCAR Research & Development Center for further evaluation next week in Concord, North Carolina.

During initial inspection Friday, league officials discovered a potential issue that needs further examination. Hendrick cars were permitted to use those louvers in practice, with officials taking them after the opening session at the 1-mile track.

There is no penalty to Hendrick cars this weekend, and any potential penalties would be announced next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Larson, Melon Man, Erik Jones

I'm not sure how the penalties will effect Larson next week. Last year I had one of the RFK cars when something similar happened and it cost me 50 or 100 points in the pool.

• Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure how the penalties will effect Larson next week. Last year I had one of the RFK cars when something similar happened and it cost me 50 or 100 points in the pool.

Didn’t think about that.🤔

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Keselowski went from 9th to 19th on that restart. :smack:

Melon Man dropped to 24th…not sure where he was before the restart…hell Jones finished ahead of him.😂

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Melon Man dropped to 24th…not sure where he was before the restart…hell Jones finished ahead of him.😂

Hamlin put Chastain into the wall.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

No shit….a little payback I presume.🤔

Its hard to tell but I don't think Hamlin felt bad about it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Keselowski went from 9th to 19th on that restart. :smack:

Yeah what the hell's going on there? The last 2 races, top 10 all race long and then derfs out after one of the last cautions.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, ckf said:

Looks like HMS will be getting some penalties next week.

NASCAR officials took the hood louvers from the four Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolets at Phoenix Raceway, and the sanctioning body will bring them to the NASCAR Research & Development Center for further evaluation next week in Concord, North Carolina.

During initial inspection Friday, league officials discovered a potential issue that needs further examination. Hendrick cars were permitted to use those louvers in practice, with officials taking them after the opening session at the 1-mile track.

There is no penalty to Hendrick cars this weekend, and any potential penalties would be announced next week.

On 3/12/2023 at 11:47 AM, ckf said:

On 3/12/2023 at 12:17 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Didn’t think about that.🤔

On 3/12/2023 at 1:09 PM, ckf said:

I have no idea how it all works.  I just know if bit me last year :dunno:

Dammit!🤣🤬

ED1459D1-B8C0-48F6-8E18-66438FFC817F.thumb.png.8963eccbc6d0790481fd28318961c96d.png

Well this would be interesting…..too bad there is an extra S on Pockrass.😂

89DB0FF8-23EE-4A05-9FF3-AE0602FAFDB7.thumb.jpeg.01357bfc3eba7774d9adab0dba251557.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Some people having a fit in the pool.

I get it. These penalties have nothing to do with the race results. The infractions occurred from pre-race inspections. This has happened in the past though and the penalties have always affected the pool points.

Edited by Blackstar

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some people having a fit in the pool.

I get it. These penalties have nothing to do with the race results. The infractions occurred from pre-race inspections. This has happened in the past though and the penalties have always affected the pool points.

I saw that earlier…it’s a long season…no worries.