*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

There's a Facebook page "Heart of a Champion"  that has some impressive resto builds and other stories of past race cars and tracks

FB_IMG_1664397665798.jpg

FB_IMG_1664397632168.jpg

FB_IMG_1664397367111.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

There's a Facebook page "Heart of a Champion"  that has some impressive resto builds and other stories of past race cars and tracks

FB_IMG_1664397665798.jpg

FB_IMG_1664397632168.jpg

FB_IMG_1664397367111.jpg

When the cars actually resembled what was driven on the road. Not like today's cookie cutters.

Holy shit!

Apparently he has some burns  and they are airlifting him to Birmingham.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy shit!

Apparently he has some burns  and they are airlifting him to Birmingham.

Lucky he didn't fall out before he hit the wall. 😮

• Like 1

Going through some paper work and came across the pic when Mark Martin hit the end of pit wall right behind the drivers seat in Michigan 2012.  We're in the pic in the background by the Sunoco trailer.  Lucky it wasn't 2 foot forward on the car.

Mark Martin.jpg

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Going through some paper work and came across the pic when Mark Martin hit the end of pit wall right behind the drivers seat in Michigan 2012.  We're in the pic in the background by the Sunoco trailer.  Lucky it wasn't 2 foot forward on the car.

Mark Martin.jpg

Damn that was close to being real bad.

These things look wicked!

The New England Supermodified Series makes its debut at @ThompsonSpdwy today, continuing a long-standing tradition of Supermodifieds at the #SunocoWorldSeries.

Watch their feature live as part of World Series Day 2: racingamerica.tv/future-ppv-bro…

03BC2A2F-73A4-4D60-B8AD-1264A82489F5.thumb.jpeg.0fe037e8192d120eb8476e1f328f2a7f.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 12:59 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

These things look wicked!

The New England Supermodified Series makes its debut at @ThompsonSpdwy today, continuing a long-standing tradition of Supermodifieds at the #SunocoWorldSeries.

Watch their feature live as part of World Series Day 2: racingamerica.tv/future-ppv-bro…

03BC2A2F-73A4-4D60-B8AD-1264A82489F5.thumb.jpeg.0fe037e8192d120eb8476e1f328f2a7f.jpeg

Super Modifieds are something else!

If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, a Super Mod holds the all out lap record at Bristol, and probably several other tracks Cup races on too.  

Part of me wishes they were around here in the Midwest, along with the other asphalt mods, but a bigger parts of me says a whole big ole "NOPE!"

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Super Modifieds are something else!

If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, a Super Mod holds the all out lap record at Bristol, and probably several other tracks Cup races on too.  

Part of me wishes they were around here in the Midwest, along with the other asphalt mods, but a bigger parts of me says a whole big ole "NOPE!"

Winged Sprint car. 12 seconds and change. Brian Gerster.

Screenshot_20221009_131721.jpg

• Like 1