*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

Watched some of the race today.  It will be interesting to see what type of a crowd they have tomorrow.  Today's crowd was not good.  

I saw that…pretty damn hot to be sitting in the grandstands watching mediocre racing.

Don't know what it is but since this track was built just seems like there's been issues.  Along with that this new tire/rim combination just seems like they need to a get inner liners in them. 

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Don't know what it is but since this track was built just seems like there's been issues.  Along with that this new tire/rim combination just seems like they need to a get inner liners in them. 

Yeah it’s been hard on tires today.

1 hour ago, nascarmike said:

DENNY HAMLIN: WILLIAM BYRON’S ‘GONNA GET IT’

Didn't the conversation go something along the lines, that the crew chief didn't understand how NASCAR could not penalize Byron for that hit?  And Denny said "Don't worry, I'll give him his penalty"

At least that's what I thought I heard on the broadcast...

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Didn't the conversation go something along the lines, that the crew chief didn't understand how NASCAR could not penalize Byron for that hit?  And Denny said "Don't worry, I'll give him his penalty"

At least that's what I thought I heard on the broadcast...

Correct.

Then Byron is his interview after the race said he hit Denny intentionally under caution so there may be some fallout from that tomorrow.  Denny also went after Byron during the cause so we'll see.  They should have both been put to the back during that caution  

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Correct.

Then Byron is his interview after the race said he hit Denny intentionally under caution so there may be some fallout from that tomorrow.  Denny also went after Byron during the cause so we'll see.  They should have both been put to the back during that caution  

Yeah Byron messed up admitting that - but his dash-cam CLEARLY showed the yellow was already out.

Didn't even notice Ty Gibbs dooring Ty Dillon on pit road.  That will also get some attention from Nascar being you had crews and officials on the passenger side of the cars at the time.

It will be interesting if Ty does move up to cut next year.  He's not making many friends and making Chastain look like a saint.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

Just now, Doug said:

Ty Gidds 75K fine and 25 owner points

Byron 50K find and 25 points

Fucking around on pit road is way more dangerous…little putz should have been sat down for a race or two.