*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Ah ha!!!!

:lol:

:bc:

I assume they moved it because of travellers. I know when I went a couple of times that it was kind of annoying that you had to be there for the Wednesday then there was nothing going on Thursday

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You are right, it was on Wednesday’s but they moved it so it would be 3 nights consecutive.

7 hours ago, DAVE said:

Ah ha!!!!

:bc:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Yup...shoulda been though

I agree and I understand his decision to call it a day....nothing better than being home watching your kids grow up...he is a class act.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree and I understand his decision to call it a day....nothing better than being home watching your kids grow up...he is a class act.

He really is.

Id pay him to punch asshead right in his cocholster though.

• Haha 1

Sadler did run the big show for different teams. Yes , the young wheel men are out for any drivers current ride, if they can bring sponsorship dollars to the mix. francecar will never see again the big driver payrolls of the past, Gordon , Johnson , Ejr.  At age 40 you will be done unless you are winning  3- 5  races per year or can finish in the top15 or have a past championship provisional under your ass for a team to try and make bank at select races. A little known side fact is , when UPS decided to pull out of the francecar big show, they wanted Dale Jarrett to run the truck series fully funded in a Ford, as he was thinking retirement anyways and his pride , he said no and then used his past championship provisionals  to get Toyota - Michael Waltrip racing into cup. And we all know what M.W.racing did with his golden goose. An Toyota marches on today.

Edited by hwytohell
  • Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Damn, another one bites the dust. Kasey Kahne retiring from full time competition.

DkuJ_UVXcAECpsB.jpg

Can you blame him...gotta be frustrating just making laps after his success.

• Like 2

Just now, DAVE said:

Can you blame him...gotta be frustrating just making laps after his success.

It used to be a veteran like Kahne would get a decent ride. Most of the top cup teams have talent to burn now with their driver development programs. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Sadler did run the big show for different teams. Yes , the young wheel men are out for any drivers current ride, if they can bring sponsorship dollars to the mix. francecar will never see again the big driver payrolls of the past, Gordon , Johnson , Ejr.  At age 40 you will be done unless you are winning  3- 5  races per year or can finish in the top15 or have a past championship provisional under your ass for a team to try and make bank at select races. A little known side fact is , when UPS decided to pull out of the francecar big show, they wanted Dale Jarrett to run the truck series fully funded in a Ford, as he was thinking retirement anyways and his pride , he said no and then used his past championship provisionals  to get Toyota - Michael Waltrip racing into cup. And we all know what M.W.racing did with his golden goose. An Toyota marches on today.

been years since those existed, now if you have a charter your in if not it's fight it out.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

It used to be a veteran like Kahne would get a decent ride. Most of the top cup teams have talent to burn now with their driver development programs. 

Joe Gibbs is the guy that changed the programs that were in place for upcoming drivers in francecar and brought it to a top level. Gibbs has talent to burn in the lower series ranks, and his current big show drivers better be aware of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Very few drivers that once had upper tier equipment under them , can drop down into a field filler team and be happy with themselves. Kahne , I believe has made the correct choice.

Yep... and he has a race team that just won The Knoxville Nationals...he’ll be busy owning and driving. He seems like a really guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

Joe Gibbs is the guy that changed the programs that were in place for upcoming drivers in francecar and brought it to a top level. Gibbs has talent to burn in the lower series ranks, and his current big show drivers better be aware of it.

LOADED with talent.

• Like 1