*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not really sure…they claim that LA is full of Nascar fans…doesn’t look that way. I also listened to some XM90 this morning and Brad Keseolowski said it’s an expensive proposition for the teams but it’s good for sponsors. I’m sure all the drivers were given orders to say nothing but positives.

Ya, we hear about this pent up demand for Nascar racing in Los Angles, a huge built in market. They have a race and no one shows up.

In the prerace they show case rappers and "people of colour" from different sports. Label me a racist but I think you're trying to create a market where people don't give a shit.

• Like 1

Anybody hear that Fontana may not hold a race in 2024? Supposedly they are turning it into a short track and it may not be done for next year and possibly for 2025. After North Wilkesboro and The Rock, now they want to go back to short tracks? Sounds like they don't quite know what they want.

7 hours ago, nascarmike said:

Anybody hear that Fontana may not hold a race in 2024? Supposedly they are turning it into a short track and it may not be done for next year and possibly for 2025. After North Wilkesboro and The Rock, now they want to go back to short tracks? Sounds like they don't quite know what they want.

They are turning  it into a short track but hadn’t heard it wasn’t going to be ready and I think the N.Wilkesboro is a great move…fans have wanted to go back there for years…alot of history at play.

Jayski had an article about it not being on the schedule for next year. They start tearing it up after this year's race in order to turn it in to a half mile track. The speedway said that it wouldn't be race ready for next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They are turning  it into a short track but hadn’t heard it wasn’t going to be ready and I think the N.Wilkesboro is a great move…fans have wanted to go back there for years…alot of history at play.

My point was that they got rid of a few of the old heritage tracks for places like California, which has failed to fill seats since inception. They dumped some of the "good ol' boy's" tracks to try to draw in the yuppies, which did not pan out. 

California has never really supported Nascar no matter how hard Nascar has tried to push it.  Gwen Stefani up in the booth OK.  When I turn on a race I'd would like to see the race or intverviews with people that at least formilure with racing or have a clue about it.  I don't want to listen to Rappers and celebrates that have no clue what's going on at a race track.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nascarmike said:

My point was that they got rid of a few of the old heritage tracks for places like California, which has failed to fill seats since inception. They dumped some of the "good ol' boy's" tracks to try to draw in the yuppies, which did not pan out. 

I get it but it seems as if they are seeing the error of their ways and trying to remedy it.

19 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

Me too, but I'm afraid that it may be a little late. The crowd on Sunday told a lot.

The All Star at N.Wilkesboro will packed and then some..The Clash is a novelty.

16 hours ago, nascarmike said:

Me too, but I'm afraid that it may be a little late. The crowd on Sunday told a lot.

The stands were mostly full for the race. People didn't want to see the heats and the LCQs from the looks of it.

• Thanks 1

Who's entering the Nascar Pool this year?  It's good fun for the $50 Canadian that it costs. Details below. It is an old email so ignore the time.

Here we go…  

40 days until the Daytona 500 and the start of the 2023 NASCAR Season!!!  

Last year we handed out $4,855 in prize money. Here is this year's version of the pool. 

<image.png>

TO REGISTER:  

• Click to register and create an account for your team or login using your previous account for returning teams. www.nascarpoolsonline.com
  • Once you are registered then you can join the league… League ID: 3889 Password: daytona  (Pool ID and password are used to gain access to the pool and NOT as a login to the site) 
  • Please feel free to pass this pool along to anyone you think would be interested and multiple entries are also permitted. 

*NEW* 2023 Deadline to register and payment: Wednesday February 15th @ midnight. I will be in Daytona next month on vacation and for the races so I want to avoid last minute issues with registering and getting payments. Register early and get your payments in. Pool will be closed and not re-opened to new entries at the deadline. No exemptions.  

RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:  

• $50 CAD entry fee per team that is due by Wednesday February 15th midnight. Interac e-transfers and PayPal can be sent to abrzezicki@hotmail.com and if you need my mailing address then please let me know.  
  • Pick 3 drivers per week and earn their points for that race towards your teams total for that week. Weekly deadline to submit picks will be the post-race time. 
  • You will be able to choose a driver a maximum of 5 times for the entire season. 
  • Season will begin with the Daytona 500 on February 19th and will run until the finale in Phoenix Raceway in November. Only the 36 points paying races will be counted for the pool. 
  • All picks will be hidden until the deadline each week, at which point you will be able to see every teams picks for that race. 
  • You have the ability to make picks for future weeks if needed and you may also change any submitted picks as many times as you’d like prior to the posted lock time. If you do not make any picks, then you will be automatically given the 3 lowest available qualifiers for that race. 
  • *NEW* If your driver does not race for whatever reason, you will get the replacement driver in that car for the race unless you change it before the deadline.  
  • ZERO EXCEPTIONS for any team missing the race deadline time for picks so get them in early and on time. Be sure to sign up for email pick reminders but do not solely rely on that email because it was not sent a few times last season due to server issues and not an excuse for missed picks. Last resort, you can email me and I can force in your picks BUT your email/text has to be time stamped before the cut off deadline. 
  • Penalties will be included to any driver penalized after the race as in previous years. Race results and overall standings will be updated once they are posted by NASCAR. 
  • Website fee for hosting and maintaining the pool will depend on the number of entries and will be subtracted from the overall pot. 
  • NO WEEKLY updates will be emailed out again this season. I will send out emails when needed for whatever reason but the usual weekly updates will not be sent out so please login to view race results and overall standings after each race. 
  • Payout will be for the Top 8 finishing teams overall for the season based on last year's entries. If we get more entries then I will consider expanding to top 10 payout, if we get significantly less entries then I might drop it to top 5…stay tuned.  
  • Tie breakers for any paying positions will be as follows and the same as in years past. Tie will be broken by the team with the highest number of  “team wins”. If still tied, then it will go down to the team with the most driver's “wins”, then “top 5” and keep going down the line if necessary to “top 10”. 

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me or text 519-212-4383. 

Edited by ckf
added Link
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

Who's entering the Nascar Pool this year?  It's good fun for the $50 Canadian that it costs. Details below. It is an old email so ignore the time.

Here we go…  

40 days until the Daytona 500 and the start of the 2023 NASCAR Season!!!  

Last year we handed out $4,855 in prize money. Here is this year's version of the pool. 

<image.png>

TO REGISTER:  

• Click to register and create an account for your team or login using your previous account for returning teams. www.nascarpoolsonline.com 
  • Once you are registered then you can join the league… League ID: 3889 Password: daytona  (Pool ID and password are used to gain access to the pool and NOT as a login to the site) 
  • Please feel free to pass this pool along to anyone you think would be interested and multiple entries are also permitted. 

*NEW* 2023 Deadline to register and payment: Wednesday February 15th @ midnight. I will be in Daytona next month on vacation and for the races so I want to avoid last minute issues with registering and getting payments. Register early and get your payments in. Pool will be closed and not re-opened to new entries at the deadline. No exemptions.  

RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:  

• $50 CAD entry fee per team that is due by Wednesday February 15th midnight. Interac e-transfers and PayPal can be sent to abrzezicki@hotmail.com and if you need my mailing address then please let me know.  
  • Pick 3 drivers per week and earn their points for that race towards your teams total for that week. Weekly deadline to submit picks will be the post-race time. 
  • You will be able to choose a driver a maximum of 5 times for the entire season. 
  • Season will begin with the Daytona 500 on February 19th and will run until the finale in Phoenix Raceway in November. Only the 36 points paying races will be counted for the pool. 
  • All picks will be hidden until the deadline each week, at which point you will be able to see every teams picks for that race. 
  • You have the ability to make picks for future weeks if needed and you may also change any submitted picks as many times as you’d like prior to the posted lock time. If you do not make any picks, then you will be automatically given the 3 lowest available qualifiers for that race. 
  • *NEW* If your driver does not race for whatever reason, you will get the replacement driver in that car for the race unless you change it before the deadline.  
  • ZERO EXCEPTIONS for any team missing the race deadline time for picks so get them in early and on time. Be sure to sign up for email pick reminders but do not solely rely on that email because it was not sent a few times last season due to server issues and not an excuse for missed picks. Last resort, you can email me and I can force in your picks BUT your email/text has to be time stamped before the cut off deadline. 
  • Penalties will be included to any driver penalized after the race as in previous years. Race results and overall standings will be updated once they are posted by NASCAR. 
  • Website fee for hosting and maintaining the pool will depend on the number of entries and will be subtracted from the overall pot. 
  • NO WEEKLY updates will be emailed out again this season. I will send out emails when needed for whatever reason but the usual weekly updates will not be sent out so please login to view race results and overall standings after each race. 
  • Payout will be for the Top 8 finishing teams overall for the season based on last year's entries. If we get more entries then I will consider expanding to top 10 payout, if we get significantly less entries then I might drop it to top 5…stay tuned.  
  • Tie breakers for any paying positions will be as follows and the same as in years past. Tie will be broken by the team with the highest number of  “team wins”. If still tied, then it will go down to the team with the most driver's “wins”, then “top 5” and keep going down the line if necessary to “top 10”. 

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me or text 519-212-4383. 

I’m in!👊🏻

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

Race schedule is:

Kansas, St Louis, Chicago, Road America, Milwaukee, Kansas

Alternate for:

Michigan, Indy, Nashville

Do you race? Or what is it you do there?