*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Cleaning out my dad's house found some pictures from 1991 when my friend gave us a tour of Richard Childress's shop where he worked.  He was also part of the Flying Aces as a tire carrier during pit stops  At the time they had one main shop and a couple out buildings.  A small souvenir area and some cars on display.  Now the old shop is the museum,

The 28 car in one of the pics is an ARCA car the was driven by Charlie Glotzbach.  

3-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

3-7.jpg

3-8.jpg

3-9.jpg

3-10.jpg

3-11.jpg

3-12.jpg

• Like 4

A local farmer here used to own one of the semi tractors that pulled Dale Sr's cars to the races.  Not sure if he still has it or not.  Back when he bought it, it was just another used semi tractor.  

28 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

A local farmer here used to own one of the semi tractors that pulled Dale Sr's cars to the races.  Not sure if he still has it or not.  Back when he bought it, it was just another used semi tractor.  

They actually put the last GM Goodwrench hauler in the RCR museum and brought back the retired driver to drive it in the museum.

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

They actually put the last GM Goodwrench hauler in the RCR museum and brought back the retired driver to drive it in the museum.

Do you know if they still have the tractor and trailer people signed?  That is one of a few things a vividly remember about that weekend.

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Do you know if they still have the tractor and trailer people signed?  That is one of a few things a vividly remember about that weekend.

Don't remember that.  There is a You Tube video of Richard giving a tour of the museum that may show that.

Edited by Doug

• Platinum Contributing Member

Blaney on old tires. Hamlin with a pair of new tires. Blaney sails away in clean air.

I thought these cars weren't supposed to be so aero dependent?

Kyle Busch must be crying. He had the car to beat before he blew the tire.

Feel like I wasted my night watching this shitshow.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Blaney on old tires. Hamlin with a pair of new tires. Blaney sails away in clean air.

I thought these cars weren't supposed to be so aero dependent?

Kyle Busch must be crying. He had the car to beat before he blew the tire.

Feel like I wasted my night watching this shitshow.

I fell asleep and missed the finish…first of all Texas is just a lame track that produces shitty racing and will someone tell me why Malcom In The Middle was in the booth….dude didn’t even talk.🤷🏻🤣

15 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I fell asleep and missed the finish…first of all Texas is just a lame track that produces shitty racing and will someone tell me why Malcom In The Middle was in the booth….dude didn’t even talk.🤷🏻🤣

Me too. Had to play it back to see why Blaney let the window net down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nascarmike said:

Me too. Had to play it back to see why Blaney let the window net down.

Yep…sounds like NASCAR botched the end of that one…just glad Blaney won it the “second time”.🤣👍🏼

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep…sounds like NASCAR botched the end of that one…just glad Blaney won it the “second time”.🤣👍🏼

Hamlin...... not so much :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Hamlin...... not so much :lol:

Hamlin has always been that little whiny driver but he's taking to a new level now.

• Haha 1

Kimi Raikkonen Making Cup Debut at Watkins Glen with Trackhouse Racing

Trackhouse Entertainment Group’s PROJECT91 today announced that 2007 Formula One World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will drive the No. 91 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 in the NASCAR Cup Series race on the road course at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International on Aug. 21.

Raikkonen becomes the first driver to join the team’s PROJECT91 program announced Tuesday by Trackhouse Founder and Owner Justin Marks. PROJECT91’s goal is to expand the organization’s international reach by fielding a NASCAR Cup Series entry for renowned international racing drivers.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, ckf said:

Kimi Raikkonen Making Cup Debut at Watkins Glen with Trackhouse Racing

Trackhouse Entertainment Group’s PROJECT91 today announced that 2007 Formula One World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will drive the No. 91 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 in the NASCAR Cup Series race on the road course at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International on Aug. 21.

Raikkonen becomes the first driver to join the team’s PROJECT91 program announced Tuesday by Trackhouse Founder and Owner Justin Marks. PROJECT91’s goal is to expand the organization’s international reach by fielding a NASCAR Cup Series entry for renowned international racing drivers.

It's nice to see new owners come into the sport and have success.  Just hope there's also longevity with Justin Marks and Pitbull.  Seen some owners in the past come in strong and fast and leave just as fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Hamlin, Bell, Elliot.

I've fallen to 99th...lol

I haven’t looked at the standings...guessing I’m down there with you.😂

Hamlin, Byron, Logano.

• Like 1

Damn, I had picked Reddick and changed him for Hamlin. Looking like that wasn't a good move.