*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reddick, Cindric, Amirola

They can't all shit on me in one race can they? Let's find out......:lol:

I'm in 97th out of 101. I haven't got much to lose.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Reddick, Cindric, Amirola

They can't all shit on me in one race can they? Let's find out......:lol:

I'm in 97th out of 101. I haven't got much to lose.

Reddick 2 laps down in 29th, right in front of Amirola in 30th....:burp:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Reddick 2 laps down in 29th, right in front of Amirola in 30th....:burp:

I was doing great until Shrub got caught speeding on pit road and now Elliot blows a tire.😤

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was doing great until Shrub got caught speeding on pit road and now Elliot blows a tire.😤

Cindric was my last hope. He was running 5th when he hit the wall. Now he's outside the top 10.....lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Cindric was my last hope. He was running 5th when he hit the wall. Now he's outside the top 10.....lol

Sounds like most of my weeks this season.🤣

BTW Larson has hit the wall half a dozen times and made one incredible save.👍🏼🤣

• Like 1

Kurt Busch is one quality driver. He's been passed around from team to team but he always finds a way to be competitive.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Kurt Busch is one quality driver. He's been passed around from team to team but he always finds a way to be competitive.

Agreed. 10 years ago he was a dink like his brother is now. He's come a long way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Agreed. 10 years ago he was a dink like his brother is now. He's come a long way.

He was married to a psychopath though. He had a good excuse!

:lol:

• Haha 1

Was a good finish just hard racing.  Maybe other drivers will note if your a skilled driver you don't have to punt a guy out of the way to win.  Congratulations Kurt on the win.

This was working the first race of the year so a couple take aways.

1) some teams have found that on hot days the Lexan windshields expand enough that it will distort the roof area and they will fail inspection.  Some teams are starting to use chill blankets on the windshield and back window to reduce the heat effect before going through inspection.

2) With the single lug fueling the car is now the longest task.  Teams are now modifying the fuel cans and working in gray areas.  The can is measured from the ground up to a crosshair cutout that they are filled to and is suppose to be 12 gallons.  Teams are now concaving the bottom of the can so they take more that 12 gallons.  Some can even rock the bottom is blown out so bad.  Nascar also measures the outside diameter with a template in one direction.  Teams are now making the cans slightly oval that the template will still go over in one direction but not the other so again holding more than 12 gallons.  Nascar is reviewing the can inspection process currently.

3) With the exhaust now coming out of both side of the car it is a lot louder on the infield.

4) Safety crews are concerned with the LH exhaust that when they go to extract the drivers sometimes there's still a flame coming out of the exhaust.  They can't use a fire extinguisher and breath in the chemicals and just a general concern working around the hot exhaust.,      

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

Was a good finish just hard racing.  Maybe other drivers will note if your a skilled driver you don't have to punt a guy out of the way to win.  Congratulations Kurt on the win.

1) some teams have found that on hot days the Lexan windshields expand enough that it will distort the roof area and they will fail inspection.  Some teams are starting to use chill blankets on the windshield and back window to reduce the heat effect before going through inspection.

2) With the single lug fueling the car is now the longest task.  Teams are now modifying the fuel cans and working in gray areas.  The can is measured from the ground up to a crosshair cutout that they are filled to and is suppose to be 12 gallons.  Teams are now concaving the bottom of the can so they take more that 12 gallons.  Some can even rock the bottom is blown out so bad.  Nascar also measures the outside diameter with a template in one direction.  Teams are now making the cans slightly oval that the template will still go over in one direction but not the other so again holding more than 12 gallons.  Nascar is reviewing the can inspection process currently.

3) With the exhaust now coming out of both side of the car it is a lot louder on the infield.

4) Safety crews are concerned with the LH exhaust that when they go to extract the drivers sometimes there's still a flame coming out of the exhaust.  They can't use a fire extinguisher and breath in the chemicals and just a general concern working around the hot exhaust.,      

Smokey Yunick Story: NASCAR mandated how much a gas tank could hold, which Yunick once circumvented by placing a basketball in the tank and inflating it with air. NASCAR checked the tank's capacity and cleared it. Then, when no one was looking, Yunick deflated the basketball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

Great observations…There have been few hiccups with the new car but overall I think it has improved the racing.👍🏼🇺🇸

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

Smokey Yunick Story: NASCAR mandated how much a gas tank could hold, which Yunick once circumvented by placing a basketball in the tank and inflating it with air. NASCAR checked the tank's capacity and cleared it. Then, when no one was looking, Yunick deflated the basketball.

There's some good stories about Yunick and Bill France Sr as they really didn't get along.  Smokey was a helicopter pilot.  He was ban from watching a test at Daytona by Bill France so Smokey flow in and parked his helicopter in one corner.  When Bill came over to kick him out he just flow to a different area of the track.

• Haha 1