*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

So this racer named Hunter Rich had some kind of incident, lost his marbles, and worked over a track official with his crew member at a track in Tennessee last night.

Pretty much every track in the state has banned him.

Video on the FB. 

Disgraceful.  

https://thecapitalsportsreport.com/2022/04/24/driver-hunter-rich-gets-multiple-lifetime-bans-after-attacking-track-official/

Video at Link.

WTF?

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Years ago at one of my local tracks, there was a racer who crawled up into the flag stand and fought the flagman.

Out of curiosity what chassis you run?  At the end my buddy was running a 4 bar Mastersbilt by Mars.  Last couple years see more MB Custom chassis in late model and modifies in the area. 

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Out of curiosity what chassis you run?  At the end my buddy was running a 4 bar Mastersbilt by Mars.  Last couple years see more MB Custom chassis in late model and modifies in the area. 

Hughes.  We have a MB Custom that a friend drives too.  He really likes them.  

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hughes.  We have a MB Custom that a friend drives too.  He really likes them.  

We were at this show last year for the late model feature and a nasty crash but with no injuries.  He was leading at the time.   The 89 is a MB Custom the cage held up good and the car was back on the track 2 weeks later.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2086096248196854

Edited by Doug

10 minutes ago, Doug said:

Denny Hamlin required to take sensitivity training starting this week. 

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/04/26/nascar-requires-denny-hamlin-to-complete-sensitivity-training-after-tweet/

🤣🤣

I think this was the tweet and it’s exactly what Larson did at the end of the race! 

22 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I like this lap around Darlington with Cale….

Read books on both Cale and Junior both good reads.  Junior Johnson's book Brave in Life covers his life from childhood to when he got out of Nascar.

Junior was not a very trusting person and a hands on owner.  One time he suspected someone on the team was sharing setups with another team.  He had the guys setup the car in a way that he know would not work the day before they were going to load the car.  That evening he called a guy he could trust and they went back to the shop and changed the setup to what Junior wanted.  At the race there was a car that a while back had suddenly started running up front that normally was a mid pack car.  That weekend the car was really off the mark and Junior just observed his team to see who was talking to who.  By the end of the weekend Junior had one less crewman.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

Read books on both Cale and Junior both good reads.  Junior Johnson's book Brave in Life covers his life from childhood to when he got out of Nascar.

Junior was not a very trusting person and a hands on owner.  One time he suspected someone on the team was sharing setups with another team.  He had the guys setup the car in a way that he know would not work the day before they were going to load the car.  That evening he called a guy he could trust and they went back to the shop and changed the setup to what Junior wanted.  At the race there was a car that a while back had suddenly started running up front that normally was a mid pack car.  That weekend the car was really off the mark and Junior just observed his team to see who was talking to who.  By the end of the weekend Junior had one less crewman.  

I would think that growing up as a moonshiner Junior really learned to watch his back and developed good instincts about people.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would think that growing up as a moonshiner Junior really learned to watch his back and developed good instincts about people.

I'm not a big book reader but I've read his book Brave in Life twice and well worth the read.  Covers his childhood, moonshine days, nascar and his family life.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 7:19 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

🤣🤣

I think this was the tweet and it’s exactly what Larson did at the end of the race! 

it is exactly waht he did,  could not believe he was so stupid when i watched him do it.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Bowman, Larson, Suarez

Sorry Jimmy, Probably jinxed us with that Suarez pick. :smack:

Racing tomorrow….so we shall see!🤣

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Herschel McGriff, Matt Kenseth, Kirk Shelmerdine and Mike Helton elected to Nascar HOF.

Watched Matt through the years racing locally.  Kirk Shelmerdine was ahead of his time when he was a crew chief according to my buddy that worked for Chidress when Kirk was there.  He basically got burnt out and is now a professional gambler.

• Like 1