*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

On 11/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, Blackstar said:

No doubt. He earned this championship, he deserved it without question. But a flat tire today at the wrong time could have put him out of the running. I appreciate what the Chase has brought to the sport but I still struggle with the potential down side it creates.

I actually watched the last 1/3 of this race,  one of only a couple this year.  it was a good race with those 4 upfront fighting but it was not a fair race for Larson to have to win to be champ.  

still needs to be more reward for the winners.  winning 4 races coming into the final he should no have been eliminated by finishing second to any of those other 3.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

thats OK,   fast cars don't necessarily make for the best racing.   this whole next gen will be interesting to see if the rich teams can manipulate it for their benefit or does it create parity.  

I agree somewhat and on a positive note the tests showed slot of tire drop off/wear which will help to put things more in the hands of the drivers. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In Memoriam: 1989 ARCA champion and truck series winner Bob Keselowski was called home this morning at the age of 70. The 25 race winner in ARCA competition was the father of NASCAR Cup champion Brad and former ARCA driver Brian... He was a big backer of Mopar and Dodge equipment and we'll miss him... RIP Bob. U were one hell of a driver and person ✝️

26FD3AEA-7E0A-4A70-B503-C285B4A8A1CB.thumb.jpeg.b171684977942708476693704f77c469.jpeg

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, ckf said:

Andrew sent out the info on this year's pool. Payouts should be better this year with each team going up to $50CDN.

I saw that…he also sent an email that made it sound like he was considering not doing it this year…glad he reconsidered.👍🏼

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I saw that…he also sent an email that made it sound like he was considering not doing it this year…glad he reconsidered.👍🏼

Yes, that was odd with the 2 different emails almost back to back. I'll do it again this year, but probably with just one team instead of two.

• Like 1

1966-67 Chevrolet Chevelle!🏁  Curtis Turner won the pole at the 1967 Daytona 500!🏁  His qualifying speed was the first to break the 180 mph barrier at Daytona International Speedway!🏁 Owned and built by Smokey Yunick!🏁🇺🇸cc

D5A2EE96-2E13-49E1-9B05-AA517FD05DA6.thumb.jpeg.4edec346d792c3a8d69634e60c9bf2f0.jpeg

• Like 4

Two big things happen in the 1976 Daytona 500 . One was the Great finish with Pearson and Petty. The other was the Big name Drivers of Waltrip and AJ  Foyt getting caught with Nitrous oxide on there cars during  qualifying.  Qualifying times were taking away. Foyt had pole Waltrip was second . DW ‘s car had it in the roll bars.  Both cars were fine 1000 dollars each and started in the rear in the twin races.

2B5D4557-BEF9-4FAF-9CC0-9548F547C0E7.jpeg.a7ce9dacdfc5a97a73e22957b4bbc995.jpeg2A656859-561D-4B26-BAFF-529D735EF1D2.jpeg.70217fb6f82c0a163add2b1a234220be.jpeg

• Like 1

The up coming colloseum race is just crazy.  Build a tempary 1/4 track asphalt track on top of plywood.  Send the teams across the county for one race and then bring them back across the country for the next week.  Then tear up the temporary asphalt track and turn it back into a football stadium.  No waste of money there.  Oh and the next gen car is to save the teams money.

Edited by Doug

49 minutes ago, Doug said:

The up coming colloseum race is just crazy.  Build a tempary 1/4 track asphalt track on top of plywood.  Send the teams across the county for one race and then bring them back across the country for the next week.  Then tear up the temporary asphalt track and turn it back into a football stadium.  No waste of money there.  Oh and the next gen car is to save the teams money.

They should run a 1 day show at Bowman Gray instead.  Run it like a true short track.  Whoever shows up can run, your charter doesn't mean fuck-all.

Tell them to leave the semis at home and you have to haul your car there on an open trailer.  

Hell, make it a 4 or 5 race mini series.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Keselowski wins the first Duel while Blaney, Briscoe and Cendric battled for 2nd.

Yep...nice win for the owner/driver and nice to see Kaz Grala race his way in. Looks like Greg Biffle will advance out of Duel 2.👊🏻