*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Nascar and snowmobile trivia.

Robbie Reiser and Matt Kenseth use to be fierce competitors on the short tracks of Wisconsin.  Robbie made the move down South to run at the time Busch series but as a driver it didn't work out so he hired Tim Bender.  Tim is a hall of fame snowmobile racer highly innovative in snowmobiling with a lot of success on Yamaha's.  Tim gets hurt so Robbie calls his ex-competitor Matt Kenseth to drive his Busch car.  Robbie and Matt became a competitive Chevy team.  Matt substituted for an injured Bobby Labonte and I believe also Bill Elliot.  Matt gets hired by Roush driving a Ford and continues to drive Robbie's Chevy in the Busch series.  Robbie gets hired by Roush who also buys into Robbie's Busch team which is now a Ford.

Robbie Reiser's family started Triton trailers primary as a snowmobile trailer manufacture now snowmobile/ATV/utility trailers and I believe his sister currently runs the company. 

Robbie Reiser is now currently the production manager at Brad Keselowski's 3D printing company            

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Nascar and snowmobile trivia.

Robbie Reiser and Matt Kenseth use to be fierce competitors on the short tracks of Wisconsin.  Robbie made the move down South to run at the time Busch series but as a driver it didn't work out so he hired Tim Bender.  Tim is a hall of fame snowmobile racer highly innovative in snowmobiling with a lot of success on Yamaha's.  Tim gets hurt so Robbie calls his ex-competitor Matt Kenseth to drive his Busch car.  Robbie and Matt became a competitive Chevy team.  Matt substituted for an injured Bobby Labonte and I believe also Bill Elliot.  Matt gets hired by Roush driving a Ford and continues to drive Robbie's Chevy in the Busch series.  Robbie gets hired by Roush who also buys into Robbie's Busch team which is now a Ford.

Robbie Reiser's family started Triton trailers primary as a snowmobile trailer manufacture now snowmobile/ATV/utility trailers and I believe his sister currently runs the company. 

Robbie Reiser is now currently the production manager at Brad Keselowski's 3D printing company            

No kidding…good stuff Doug.👍🏼

4 hours ago, Doug said:

Ford made the call not to sign Larson. 

Bill Elliott also went to Ford to get backing for Chase and they declined.  Oops.  

If you ever get a chance to talk to Bill Elliott he is a class act.  Talked to him one year when he raced an Xfinity race at Elkhart Lake couple years back.  Talked mostly about dirt late models which he drove after retiring.  Said those were the funniest cars he's ever driven.  Laughed because he had to have rookie strips on his car

FB_IMG_1631315877151.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Bill Elliott also whet to Ford to get backing for Chase and they declined.  Oops.  

If you ever get a chance to talk to Bill Elliott he is a class act.  Talked to him one year when he raced an Xfinity race at Elkhart Lake couple years back.  Talked mostly about dirt late models which he drove after retiring.  Said those were the funniest cars he's ever driven.  Laughed because he had to have rookie strips on his car

FB_IMG_1631315877151.jpg

I watched him in the SRX Series and he genuinely seemed to be having a good time.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Was the wrong Busch that that happened too.

👍🏼🤣

Larson goes from 35th to 4th in stage 1.👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

In 1997/1998 we had a customer that was big into Nascar I believe out of Indiana.  He had previously got a truck painted up like Jeff Gordon's #24.  This year he choose Dale Earnhardt #3.

We also did a #6 Mark Martin truck for Cummings when he was sponsored by Cummings.

Don't have any pics of the 24 or the 6

scan0009.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Doug said:

In 1997/1998 we had a customer that was big into Nascar I believe out of Indiana.  He had previously got a truck painted up like Jeff Gordon's #24.  This year he choose Dale Earnhardt #3.

We also did a #6 Mark Martin truck for Cummings when he was sponsored by Cummings.

Don't have any pics of the 24 or the 6

scan0009.jpg

That’s pretty damn cool.👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1