Cat update from supertrax

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Are you moving back north or still living where marrying your cousin and sleeping with your sister is acceptable?

Looking for another SX or an RXC ?

Just got back a week or so ago. I’d love to tinker with another SX but with ongoing projects, I don’t think I’ll have time to mess with it too much.  I think a low mileage XC with some clutching and gearing will get me there this year.  Slim pickings out there right now.  Found a 19 XC but, would prefer a 20/21 model.   And I ain’t paying those idiotic prices for a new one.  Those numbers just make me giggle.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Is cat even doing an xc race sled for this year?  Haven't seen anything yet, I guess there's always a haydays release possibility..

I don’t think anybody is sure what Textron is doing anymore.  We all keep waiting for the big update but….just small tweaks and BNGs.

Still, the chassis is the best out there so, I’m fine with that for now.  It’s getting really clear that Doo and Poo are catching up though.  Well, Doo anyway.  :stirthepot:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, mnstang said:

Is cat even doing an xc race sled for this year?  Haven't seen anything yet, I guess there's always a haydays release possibility..

It's been pretty normal for them to do their release at Hay Days. @Zambroski It's pretty unlikely that you're going to find a '20-'21 race sled. You'd be better off looking for an RR and tuning it the way you want.... 

I LOVED the graphics on the '21 race sleds......

R-SX-800x343_0.jpg

Edited by Ziemann
@Zambroski is a homo

2 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

It's been pretty normal for them to do their release at Hay Days. @Zambroski It's pretty unlikely that you're going to find a '20-'21 race sled. You'd be better off looking for an RR and tuning it the way you want.... 

I LOVED the graphics on the '21 race sleds......

R-SX-800x343_0.jpg

Yeah, sweet graphics.  I’m looking at a RR as a possibility also.  I think the availability will help make my mind up for me.  Next year I’ll have more time to shop and tinker with my Frankensteinian plan for a sled.

I know you're a speed nut, but you might want to consider a 600 RR (yeah it is pretty slow but damn reliable). I'd be wary of the '20-'21 Cat 800's after the injector issues from last year.....

The long lead times to get parts if you do have an issue will eat up your season....

Edited by Ziemann
Horney

3 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I know you're a speed nut, but you might want to consider a 600 RR (yeah it is pretty slow but damn reliable). I'd be wary of the '20-'21 Cat 800's after the injector issues from last year.....

The long lead times to get parts if you do have an issue will eat up your season....

My last two sleds were 600’s.  I don’t need the 800.

• Like 2

I am waiting to hear back from cat... I talked to them about getting a R-xc if they were making them this year (they are) and said if they had any left after racer requests I wanted one. 

If I dont get a r-xc I will have a lynx in my garage. My local dealer still has one that they put into "demo" so its not for sale unless I really had to have it. 

8 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I am waiting to hear back from cat... I talked to them about getting a R-xc if they were making them this year (they are) and said if they had any left after racer requests I wanted one. 

Don’t be selfish.  

13 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

What? I'll share my culvers cheese curds... 

I’ll take it!  :bc:

Trivia: To our surprise, Culver’s is in the South now.  We went..once.  And those turnips screwed up the order and shorted the curds.  When I went back to get them they gave me a soggy mess…..but plenty of attitude behind it.

Culver’s, like hockey, has no place in the south!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Trivia: To our surprise, Culver’s is in the South now.  We went..once.  And those turnips screwed up the order and shorted the curds.  When I went back to get them they gave me a soggy mess…..but plenty of attitude behind it.

Those bastards. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You sure every Culver's don't have a picture of you with a warning of caution.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Did you go assault their culvert out front then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Those bastards. 

32 minutes ago, Doug said:

You sure every Culver's don't have a picture of you with a warning of caution.

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Did you go assault their culvert out front then?

It’s pretty clear they didn’t know I was their “famous parking lot dinner show guy”!  I think they even overcharged me!  Fuckers!!!!

12 hours ago, fortune46x said:

If I dont get a r-xc I will have a lynx in my garage. My local dealer still has one that they put into "demo" so its not for sale unless I really had to have it. 

What's Elias on this season, haven't been on Facecrack in a while.

I'm curious to see if they start bringing the 600R over here which could work for the type of trails I like.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What's Elias on this season, haven't been on Facecrack in a while.

I'm curious to see if they start bringing the 600R over here which could work for the type of trails I like.

I had a talk with "a guy in the know" and he said BRP has no plans to bring the race sled over yet. 

Elias will be on a skidoo yet. Until his contract is done (haydays) I do not want to toss out who he is going to since he himself has not addressed it publicly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I had a talk with "a guy in the know" and he said BRP has no plans to bring the race sled over yet. 

Elias will be on a skidoo yet. Until his contract is done (haydays) I do not want to toss out who he is going to since he himself has not addressed it publicly. 

How’s it going on your procurement of OUR pair of RXC’s?

:news:

:lol:

I may have a line on a decent 20 SX.  I’ll know this weekend. Decent=not clapped the fuck out.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

How’s it going on your procurement of OUR pair of RXC’s?

:news:

I may have a line on a decent 20 SX.  I’ll know this weekend. Decent=not clapped the fuck out.

Considering they built like 4 a year, you getting Logan’s old cat?

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

They could for XC as long as it meets emissions, which it easily could if they use the normal 600r production mill.

Please tell me Elias's primary sponsors color is orange 🍊

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Considering they built like 4 a year, you getting Logan’s old cat?

Yuh.  No.  I know a guy that bought one of his old ones though.  Well maintained but, whew!  Ridden by a pro…HARD.

Stopped at Thomas to get a NOS snow flap and also picked up the cat 50 years book and DVD... Highly recommend!  There's just no other brand with this kind of passion, period! 

Last weekend I went to Detroit Lakes to get a very rare and hard to come by cat print.  I also got a truck from this guy.  But boy oh boy what a treasure find.. guy had multiple buildings completely filled with cat memorabilia, collectibles, racks of Arcticwear, tons of machines, and about everything else.  And I guess the good stuff is in his basement!  It has inspired me to step my game up, I've been searching and doing some buying.  Princeton is coming!

PXL_20210807_035058797.MP.jpg

PXL_20210802_020514754.MP.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

They could for XC as long as it meets emissions, which it easily could if they use the normal 600r production mill.

Please tell me Elias's primary sponsors color is orange 🍊

No dice on the orange , and since they dont have a 600 in the states to meet epa class.... 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, Zambroski said:

Yuh.  No.  I know a guy that bought one of his old ones though.  Well maintained but, whew!  Ridden by a pro…HARD.

I have one of Jonas mods from 15 , it had no time on it. and the pair of xc's ?! I could still ask for two if they send me a letter telling me I made the cut. 

On 8/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, fortune46x said:

Be interesting if you end up on the Lynx.  That topic came up Thursday night at a club function.  One guy bought one just to flip because he's figuring they'll be limited to get and demand will be high.  Of the guys that rode it they still like their own sleds which is a mix of Renegades and X-RS over the Lynx for aggressive trail riding.  Nothing wrong with the Lynx just more of a crossover off trail sled.