Cat update from supertrax

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

Be interesting if you end up on the Lynx.  That topic came up Thursday night at a club function.  One guy bought one just to flip because he's figuring they'll be limited to get and demand will be high.  Of the guys that rode it they still like their own sleds which is a mix of Renegades and X-RS over the Lynx for aggressive trail riding.  Nothing wrong with the Lynx just more of a crossover off trail sled.

I damn near brought a lynx home this spring as it was cheaper than the xrs once you equipped it like the the lynx. I am glad I didn’t now as I probably won’t be riding this season either.

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

No dice on the orange , and since they dont have a 600 in the states to meet epa class.... 

I have one of Jonas mods from 15 , it had no time on it. and the pair of xc's ?! I could still ask for two if they send me a letter telling me I made the cut. 

I’d be interested for sure.  I really want a mint SX again but, just can’t find one and don’t have the time (or place) to tinker with it right now.  I’ve got your number somewhere.  :bc:

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Be interesting if you end up on the Lynx.  That topic came up Thursday night at a club function.  One guy bought one just to flip because he's figuring they'll be limited to get and demand will be high.  Of the guys that rode it they still like their own sleds which is a mix of Renegades and X-RS over the Lynx for aggressive trail riding.  Nothing wrong with the Lynx just more of a crossover off trail sled.

I am interested to try it if nothing else , the biggest draw to me is the dealer is 12 miles from me , the nearest polaris dealer is 30 minutes and cat... well... if I needed a dealer I would be in some water with that one... 

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d be interested for sure.  I really want a mint SX again but, just can’t find one and don’t have the time (or place) to tinker with it right now.  I’ve got your number somewhere.  :bc:

I can message it to you , or look on the local truck stop wall ha! 

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I am interested to try it if nothing else , the biggest draw to me is the dealer is 12 miles from me , the nearest polaris dealer is 30 minutes and cat... well... if I needed a dealer I would be in some water with that one... 

I can message it to you , or look on the local truck stop wall ha! 

The most mention on the Lynx is the front limit strap was more of a bungy cord material and would stretch to make the front end light and push through the corners.  Possible change to a more conventional strap to maintain ski pressure.  The other knock it the rear suspension was not user friendly to adjust on the trail.

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

No dice on the orange , and since they dont have a 600 in the states to meet epa class.... 

I'm assuming the Lynx 600R (see video) is the same as the North American 600 R E-tec MXZ variants - not the (RS) SX sled.  If so and were done like the 850 version, it's completely viable irl2 emissions and XC racing.  Thing is though, it's still not a really good looking sled, better than the daffy's but still...   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

I thought the lynx was kind of a sled made for ungroomed whooped out nasty trail?  Probably good in the ditch then too.  But I thought that's what they said, not really an off trail, crossover, or trail sled.. but kind of a new segment

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm assuming the Lynx 600R (see video) is the same as the North American 600 R E-tec MXZ variants - not the (RS) SX sled.  If so and were done like the 850 version, it's completely viable irl2 emissions and XC racing.  Thing is though, it's still not a really good looking sled, better than the daffy's but still...   

The epa only has the 850 in the chassis variant listed. Its like carb , the engine maybe approved but the chassis it is in with the evaporative location must be approved too.

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I thought the lynx was kind of a sled made for ungroomed whooped out nasty trail?  Probably good in the ditch then too.  But I thought that's what they said, not really an off trail, crossover, or trail sled.. but kind of a new segment

That was my understanding , and even at my fat old age I love to play in the drifts, and whooped out areas vs a flat highway from bar to bar. That was my entire reasoning for wanting that sled/chassis.

My biggest problem is its fucking red... how does one make that look good...

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

The epa only has the 850 in the chassis variant listed. Its like carb , the engine maybe approved but the chassis it is in with the evaporative location must be approved too.

That was my understanding , and even at my fat old age I love to play in the drifts, and whooped out areas vs a flat highway from bar to bar. That was my entire reasoning for wanting that sled/chassis.

My biggest problem is its fucking red... how does one make that look good...

Orange marking paint 

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, Zambroski said:

Screenshot_20210814-005653.png

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Screenshot_20210814-005653.png

Yeah, I saw that.  I’m watching but, the 20 mile distance per tank is a problem and, like I said, I don’t really have the time or place to make it more workable right now….but, I make bad decisions all the time when it comes to adrenaline motorsports.  :lol:

Fact is, the SX is cheaper for me to convert that an RXC for what I want….it’s just more of a PIA.

22 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The primer gray was great, it was just a bitch to keep clean.  

I didn’t care much for the primer gray but the gloss painted gray of my 17 SX was sharp as hell to me.  I wish I could buy that sled back!

74A06CEB-9DDF-4AD8-AB07-2E145AD701BD.jpeg

On 8/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I saw that.  I’m watching but, the 20 mile distance per tank is a problem and, like I said, I don’t really have the time or place to make it more workable right now….but, I make bad decisions all the time when it comes to adrenaline motorsports.  :lol:

Fact is, the SX is cheaper for me to convert that an RXC for what I want….it’s just more of a PIA.

I didn’t care much for the primer gray but the gloss painted gray of my 17 SX was sharp as hell to me.  I wish I could buy that sled back!

74A06CEB-9DDF-4AD8-AB07-2E145AD701BD.jpeg

A friend of a friend out by me has built a few conversion tanks under the seat for the 19(?) and up SX. I can get his info for you if you’d like. I think they’re 9 or 10 gallons.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

A friend of a friend out by me has built a few conversion tanks under the seat for the 19(?) and up SX. I can get his info for you if you’d like. I think they’re 9 or 10 gallons.

PM me.  :bc:  I’ve got a couple of 21’s I’m gonna see about this week.  

20 hours ago, Zambroski said:

PM me.  :bc:  I’ve got a couple of 21’s I’m gonna see about this week.  

21 miles per tank should be good for you’re daily ride shouldn’t it?😁

• Haha 1