Cat update from supertrax

On 7/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, Ez ryder said:

Like I said Polaris had been hunting at cat for years . As far back as I personally know was when they needed clutching help in a bad bad way they gave rorey at cat/ black magic a package that could not be passed up . Big corps do it all the time it goes both ways .

Poo is most famous in my parts for hiring young guys plugging  them in to the corporate system till they get burnt and move along .

All my friends that work or worked at Poo are just kind of "meh, its work I guess".  

The ones that came from pre-Textron Cat loved their jobs there.

Are there any semi recent Polaris legends along the same levels as the Skimes, Dicks, Spaulding's, Dimmerman etc that are somewhat household names for average Polaris enthusiasts?

On 7/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, mnstang said:

http://www.supertraxmag.com/features/big-changes-announced-at-arctic-cat/n4188?fbclid=IwAR06Lh4UXFFOzM9RfSdwNgLoal37hMzf_CEXyS6ojiXt80EYk8mk2GhfXkg

400-500 new employees in the next 4 years doesn't sound like they're going out if business like I always read on the internet from the experts.  Hmmm.

4-500 people... LOL, doing what precisely?  we'll see...   

On 7/9/2021 at 7:50 AM, nascarmike said:

They must be running low on primer Gray.

it takes at least 100 people to mix enough paint for 700 annual sled sales.  Don't be so harsh.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, mnstang said:

Yeah Roger Slime is cool and I still wouldn't mind an RS sled but I can't really see what good he was doing at Arctic Cat besides being the guy that everybody likes.  But it's a business at the end of the day.

And I agree all the haters loved to hate on cat for years and years.  Then they move some old blood out and the same haters think it's the end times?  At least make sense with your jealous hatred.

Also funny how many non cat guys know all these big cat names.  I couldn't tell you one single Polaris employee and I probably couldn't even pronounce one french asshole skidoo employee.  But they know all the cat guys......   Interesting.......

Roger Slime?  wow, that's either a colossal spelling snafu or just plain disrespectful.   

On 7/18/2021 at 11:21 AM, Ez ryder said:

No Polaris has been hunting at cat for a long time . And it has paid off for them 

bring on the sales #'s... :lol:

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

There isn’t one. Textron does not give a shit about that. 25 years ago Jacobsen owned the golf course market then Textron changed how they do business and fucked everyone. Now they have a fraction of market share now. It is so bad they shut down their factory owned Jacobson dealers a few years ago because their support sucks. They are running cat the exact same way. They have hit the point where it will be a revolving door of employees and parts support sets the industry toilet. I wouldn’t be surprised if cat is sold in the next 2 years. 

stop talking logic and publicizing their track record, Textron is to the Cat brand loyalists what Jesus was to.... hey, that Lynx looks good, wonder if they'll release a 600.

:lmao:

Slime must have been an auto correct, calm down with your TDS Textron derangement syndrom.  By all accounts I've read on "the internet", cat would have been done long ago if Textron didn't buy them.  As in closed up and done.  Whatever shortcomings you might think about Textron, it's better than no cat at all, and also, Cat sleds are way better right now than the day Textron bought them.  So I just don't get it, Textron may not be the ideal owner, but they're not the villain or enemy by a long shot.

TDS.

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

Slime must have been an auto correct, calm down with your TDS Textron derangement syndrom.  By all accounts I've read on "the internet", cat would have been done long ago if Textron didn't buy them.  As in closed up and done.  Whatever shortcomings you might think about Textron, it's better than no cat at all, and also, Cat sleds are way better right now than the day Textron bought them.  So I just don't get it, Textron may not be the ideal owner, but they're not the villain or enemy by a long shot.

TDS.

Without Textron they would have ran out of money about 2017. 

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Sell yours yet, now that it's finally back together?

When my hoof gets good enough to navigate my garage, move my car and get pictures of it I am. Probably won’t be able to ride it again this season. 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:22 PM, mnstang said:

TDS.

I'm hung up on the fact that most of the guys who made the cat sleds that created the brand loyalty are gone..by choice or were fired.   Saying the old guys needed to go to make way for young blood is relying heavily on the fact that one thinks management or a big check book is what makes a great sled.  I think it's the people that make the sled great.   Loose the people and all you have is a brand name and a location 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I'm hung up on the fact that most of the guys who made the cat sleds that created the brand loyalty are gone..by choice or were fired.   Saying the old guys needed to go to make way for young blood is relying heavily on the fact that one thinks management or a big check book is what makes a great sled.  I think it's the people that make the sled great.   Loose the people and all you have is a brand name and a location 

Just an observation and not brand specific.  A lot of the guys that brought sleds to the level that we're at were hands on.  They raced, they built chassis, they built motors, they tuned the motors and clutched the sleds. They rode the sleds.  Today you don't have the hands on that you use to have.  There's a lot done with simulation but that still doesn't compare to a real live test or experience.  I see that at work.  I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade but I still weld, run a press brake, help dial in laser cutting parameters and work with our tool makes as they build tools I designed and made the print package for.  Most of the Engineers today don't get their hand dirty more less even go into the shop.  Notice I said most there's still some young good Engineers that are gear heads and dive right in but that percentage is shinking.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Just an observation and not brand specific.  A lot of the guys that brought sleds to the level that we're at were hands on.  They raced, they built chassis, they built motors, they tuned the motors and clutched the sleds. They rode the sleds.  Today you don't have the hands on that you use to have.  There's a lot done with simulation but that still doesn't compare to a real live test or experience.  I see that at work.  I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade but I still weld, run a press brake, help dial in laser cutting parameters and work with our tool makes as they build tools I designed and made the print package for.  Most of the Engineers today don't get their hand dirty more less even go into the shop.  Notice I said most there's still some young good Engineers that are gear heads and dive right in but that percentage is shinking.

with most of the recognizable names leaving Cat-extron most of the loyal and knowledgeable consumers who have been brand loyal, are giving up their brand loyalty.

Brian Dick was (imo) the last of the multi-talented individuals you cited, and cut from the cloth of Roger Skime.  he was shown the door by the woman from Georgia with zero snowmobile experience.  as a consumer, that makes me really confident in the brand moving forward, because of an article in Supertrax, the same mag/rag MNstang loves to bash.  :lol:

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Part-I-QA-with-Brian-Dick-Arctic-Cat-Racer-Engineer

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Part-II-QA-with-Brian-Dick-Arctic-Cat-Racer-Engineer

the days of guys like this at Cat... are over.

6 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I respect that for sure.  It is the people who make the company.

The thing is, there are still people that work for Arctic Cat.  I don't know them, maybe they are the next generation of legends, who knows.  

But, the guys you speak of that created cat, or what we love about cat, were OLD.  That isn't a knock it's just true.  Everybody has their hay day, their prime... and then the taper and more taper, and the younger generation always passes them up.  That's just how it is.  That's what I was saying about Skime, yes he was huge at one point in Cat development, no doubt, that time is long LONG gone.  I've seen this at work my whole life and in personal life, my Dad has even mentioned it to me regarding me and him.  If you want a company to push the envelope and truly innovate, you're not doing it with gray hairs.

I shouldn't have to say this but the resident TDS'er requires it, that doesn't mean I'm happy with everything at cat land.  It is what it is though, who gives a fuck.  These fucking trails are ribbons nowadays, I really don't see what there is to be gained personally.  Sleds 30 years old can scoot around quicker than the modern sleds with higher c.g., and more reliable!   It's mostly marketing for the lemmings.  They clamor for a new chassis but can't even tell you specifics of what they want better.  MARKETING.  But, new!?!

Brian Dick seemed like a real head scratcher though.  In my opinion, you need the race involvement with engineering/r&d.  That's where things really come from is racing imo.  So that was a bummer to me.  But wtf, I don't know who else they have, I know nothing of their r&d personnel... Nothing!  And I'm sure most of these other assholes on the internet commenting don't, either.

Like I said, mist if these legends let go are responsible for the same sleds TDS'ers have been bitching about, for years.

21 hours ago, mnstang said:

The thing is, there are still people that work for Arctic Cat.  I don't know them, maybe they are the next generation of legends, who knows.  

But, the guys you speak of that created cat, or what we love about cat, were OLD.  That isn't a knock it's just true.  Everybody has their hay day, their prime... and then the taper and more taper, and the younger generation always passes them up.  That's just how it is.  That's what I was saying about Skime, yes he was huge at one point in Cat development, no doubt, that time is long LONG gone.  I've seen this at work my whole life and in personal life, my Dad has even mentioned it to me regarding me and him.  If you want a company to push the envelope and truly innovate, you're not doing it with gray hairs.

I shouldn't have to say this but the resident TDS'er requires it, that doesn't mean I'm happy with everything at cat land.  It is what it is though, who gives a fuck.  These fucking trails are ribbons nowadays, I really don't see what there is to be gained personally.  Sleds 30 years old can scoot around quicker than the modern sleds with higher c.g., and more reliable!   It's mostly marketing for the lemmings.  They clamor for a new chassis but can't even tell you specifics of what they want better.  MARKETING.  But, new!?!

Brian Dick seemed like a real head scratcher though.  In my opinion, you need the race involvement with engineering/r&d.  That's where things really come from is racing imo.  So that was a bummer to me.  But wtf, I don't know who else they have, I know nothing of their r&d personnel... Nothing!  And I'm sure most of these other assholes on the internet commenting don't, either.

Like I said, mist if these legends let go are responsible for the same sleds TDS'ers have been bitching about, for years.

Come ride with us with your 30 year old low rider.  You'll make a quick exit before mile 25.  If you make it to the lunch stop, I'll buy.

21 hours ago, mnstang said:

I agree about the old sit downers being faster (rider dependent). But, that’s only on smooth, freshly groomed trails.  Once the stutters and the whooped up sections start, it’s over….faster riders are easily passing on the outside.  But, I’d love to slide around on a sled holding it to the bar on a fresh shaved ribbon.

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Come ride with us with your 30 year old low rider.  You'll make a quick exit before mile 25.  If you make it to the lunch stop, I'll buy.

Believe it or not, The initial “Brisker” with a few of us was with D-Rails old Indy sit downer (Snowflake).  I remember him lifting the ski around every corner and given it all she had.  It was a blast.

@D-rail and @Fireball 440 can attest to that!  :bc:

And since when do you carry your wallet with you for lunch?  LOL!  Faggot.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I agree about the old sit downers being faster (rider dependent). But, that’s only on smooth, freshly groomed trails.  Once the stutters and the whooped up sections start, it’s over….faster riders are easily passing on the outside.  But, I’d love to slide around on a sled holding it to the bar on a fresh shaved ribbon.

Believe it or not, The initial “Brisker” with a few of us was with D-Rails old Indy sit downer (Snowflake).  I remember him lifting the ski around every corner and given it all she had.  It was a blast.

@D-rail and @Fireball 440 can attest to that!  :bc:

And since when do you carry your wallet with you for lunch?  LOL!  Faggot.  :lmao:

Obviously not in the same league in the bumps

31 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:
1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

I don't ride bumpy trails.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, mnstang said:

Are there any semi recent Polaris legends along the same levels as the Skimes, Dicks, Spaulding's, Dimmerman etc that are somewhat household names for average Polaris enthusiasts?

Gabe Bunke? 
Dont know if Levi actually works for Polaris or not, but probably in marketing which maybe doesn’t count!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Gabe Bunke? 
Dont know if Levi actually works for Polaris or not, but probably in marketing which maybe doesn’t count!

There were a lot of Racers from the 60s-70s that stayed working at Polaris, Monsruds, Eastman, Bernat, Przekwas, Hedlunds, Knochenmus. For the later Generation you have to remember Polaris discontinued factory racing when Jerry Bunke died, when they went with supporting independent racers, they were against anyone working at Polaris to go racing to keep from upsetting the independent racers. Most independent racers were mostly farmers that had the time in the winter to test and race, when they quit they went back to farming.

11 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Gabe Bunke? 

He is employed by Polaris as a marketing guy like Chris burandt. They are also involved in a lot of the r and d stuff as that’s what marketing does 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, Not greg b said:

When my hoof gets good enough to navigate my garage, move my car and get pictures of it I am. Probably won’t be able to ride it again this season. 

If you were smart you'd install handicap hand rails all over it and advertise it as a freestyle sled. 

Rumor has it @Zambroskiis shopping around, so toss a few Culvers decals on it with the 'freestyle kit' and ask for $11k

😂

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If you were smart you'd install handicap hand rails all over it and advertise it as a freestyle sled. 

Rumor has it @Zambroskiis shopping around, so toss a few Culvers decals on it with the 'freestyle kit' and ask for $11k

😂

I’ve definitely started perusing for sleds.  I’d like to buy my 17sx back but the guy I sold it to got rid of it after two rides…LOL.  I tried to tell him.  

13 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve definitely started perusing for sleds.  I’d like to buy my 17sx back but the guy I sold it to got rid of it after two rides…LOL.  I tried to tell him.  

Are you moving back north or still living where marrying your cousin and sleeping with your sister is acceptable?

Looking for another SX or an RXC ?