Cat update from supertrax

http://www.supertraxmag.com/features/big-changes-announced-at-arctic-cat/n4188?fbclid=IwAR06Lh4UXFFOzM9RfSdwNgLoal37hMzf_CEXyS6ojiXt80EYk8mk2GhfXkg

400-500 new employees in the next 4 years doesn't sound like they're going out if business like I always read on the internet from the experts.  Hmmm.

12 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

and you believe what a rag mag says.  CAT SUCKS

Let the hate flow through your body and out your hurt butt

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Is this going to be the same thing Polaris was criticized for ... hiring "seasonal" line workers to get through production runs?  :stirthepot:

It didn't specify.  I wouldn't mind some seasonal work up north.. just not in thief river falls. 

The new VP is a "Question Asker"  LOL.  What is that thing?  Heidi that would be a snowmobile.  Oh never seen one before.  What does it do? Heidi it rides on snowmobile trails, out on lakes, in the mountains we even use to race them.  Oh.  Who makes them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't have a lot of faith in the new VP there ... and that's not me taking a shot at Cat as a "hater".  She reeks of a corporate ladder type, just biding her time to move to the next Textron spot.  Her engineering background is more than likely LEAN and finding ways to cut costs ... not off road/snow design.  If they give Halvorson full power, I like the potential there because in full disclosure, I don't wanna see Cat go belly up.

• Like 1

Why would a cat faithful buy a new chassis cat next year?  All the legendary cat engineers etc were mostly fired or quit on there own.   The new cat chassis will likely be a hodge podge of old cat expertise combined with new textron cost cutting measures.   There's a reason alot of cat greats quit and there's a reason that some of the few who stuck it out were fired.  Smells to me like textron was pushing their ways down cat engineers...many didn't like it and quit.   The ones who remained either fell in line with textron or were shown the door

42 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Investment in Cat is NOT investment in the snowmobile division.  Get ready to be let down again stang.

It's not necessarily, but could be.  Do you have any proof that no investment is going to snowmobiles?  

And when have I ever been let down before?

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Is this going to be the same thing Polaris was criticized for ... hiring "seasonal" line workers to get through production runs?  :stirthepot:

It clearly states "they're planning to hire 400-500 employees over the next 4 years". That does not sound like seasonal to me.

Edited by nascarmike

3 hours ago, nascarmike said:

It clearly states "they're planning to hire 400-500 employees over the next 4 years". That does not sound like seasonal to me.

It's all semantics .... 400-500 over the next 4 years can mean 100 seasonal workers each year.  Just sayin'

They move a female "engineer" from the aviation side of the house to northern MN to run something she has absolutely no experience in leading.  This book is an easy read.  Needed to get her out of someone's sandbox so move her to the Siberia of Textron.  Also gives the mothership something to crow about how they promote females within. Excellent PR move.

• Like 2

Yeah in all honesty, the chick engineer thing is not good.  That sounds like some corporate affirmative action bullshit.  Design and innovating a snowmobile or any performance motorsport takes a whole lot more than some college degree.

Sorry Rodeo Rider

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah in all honesty, the chick engineer thing is not good.  That sounds like some corporate affirmative action bullshit.  Design and innovating a snowmobile or any performance motorsport takes a whole lot more than some college degree.

Sorry Rodeo Rider

:lol:

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Looks to me like there could be some interesting new color schemes (something new in the works) for Cat over the next few years. That should bring the flock back.

They must be running low on primer Gray.

• Haha 1

Why does everyone think that letting the “legends” go is automatically a bad thing? Didn’t Cat fall to last when those “legends” were still there? What makes you think NOW is all of sudden it’s going to cause an issue. Clearly what they’re doing and were doing wasn’t keeping up with the market. Maybe it was time for new blood.