No fans at Tokyo Olympics

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:news:  Here comes the start of the variant panic we were predicting would come. 

Not to be confused with the people who said it would all go away the day after the election. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like most all sports at this point ... WGAF :news:   Especially with the way some of these brats position themselves for political stances vs. actually representing a country.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I wonder if any of our athletes will lose an event and then demand an audit of the event well into 2022.  Probably most accurate way to represent U, S, and A.  

Right!  I see world records all the time, sent in as a mailed result.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Not to be confused with the people who said it would all go away the day after the election. 

That was a funny theory however, the numbers sure did spike leading up to Election Day and then they seemed to tank almost exactly on January 21. Then, the spike we saw in April was almost completely ignored by our governor. By that point, she was begging people to go back to work and opening things up like crazy. That all makes about as much sense as any of this shit has. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

That was a funny theory however, the numbers sure did spike leading up to Election Day and then they seemed to tank almost exactly on January 21. Then, the spike we saw in April was almost completely ignored by our governor. By that point, she was begging people to go back to work and opening things up like crazy. That all makes about as much sense as any of this shit has. 

Boy, that's a really bad case of seeing what you want to see. 

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Japan: 10 times the population density of the US

USA: 16 times the infection rate of Japan

USA: 16 times the death rate of Japan

Japan: Would you let anybody in ?

And their vaccination rate is very low. 

Many in Japan wanted it scrapped.

This is a compromise to save face and a few dollars.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Yeah I mean, forgive me if I can read graphs and such that are put out there by he CDC. I am sure there were other things pushing the data. My point is that only a fool would trust everything from the government. Especially after what all has been factually exposed in the past year alone. 

But hey, you read into it what you want to read into only to tell me not to do the same. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah I mean, forgive me if I can read graphs and such that are put out there by he CDC. I am sure there were other things pushing the data. My point is that only a fool would trust everything from the government. Especially after what all has been factually exposed in the past year alone. 

But hey, you read into it what you want to read into only to tell me not to do the same. 

Go ahead and post the graph supporting what you posted. I have looked at the graphs in the past and today and they don't show what you state they do. 

Only a fool would trust everything from anyone or anything, let alone the government. 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

23 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I see it as well, from CDC's website. November-ish cases started spiking and then rose to their highest levels ever as the election/voting was getting under way, and then, almost magical like, cases plummeted almost immediately after.

Not related to the actual graph the CDC had but also right after the election, CNN removed the covid cases/death numbers from their ticker tape.  

7 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Go ahead and post the graph supporting what you posted. I have looked at the graphs in the past and today and they don't show what you state they do. 

Only a fool would trust everything from anyone or anything, let alone the government. 

You already know more than me. Let me go right ahead and not waste my time then. We agree on the basics but you want to argue over something that is building up in your head as more opinion based than anything. Nothing I could link you to would change that. Use Google, CDC, etc. We were being beat to death with COVID fear mongering here during the fall and early winter. By February it was just talk about vaccines. Media quit talking about cases and deaths altogether. Cases spiked again in the spring but nothing was talked about but vaccines. Now it’s delta, delta, delta. By fall they will have us locked down again and blaming non-vaxed people for killing off the vaxed people. It’s government propaganda, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I see it as well, from CDC's website. November-ish cases started spiking and then rose to their highest levels ever as the election/voting was getting under way, and then, almost magical like, cases plummeted almost immediately after.

Not related to the actual graph the CDC had but also right after the election, CNN removed the covid cases/death numbers from their ticker tape.  

Liar. He needs a graph. Post it. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Here's the chart boys, doesn't show anything close to what you say it does.

chart.png

No, nothing at all. :lol:

5 hours ago, SSFB said:

Compared to us it really subsided in the US after the election tbh 

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

:news:  Here comes the start of the variant panic we were predicting would come. 

Well, it’s gotta start somewhere!

6 hours ago, SSFB said:

Well, that would be a bit too much “on the nose” but, the threshold on tests quietly being lowered was certainly a “ah ha” moment.  

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

Like most all sports at this point ... WGAF :news:   Especially with the way some of these brats position themselves for political stances vs. actually representing a country.  

Agreed.