Non FB members can’t see the link. 

here's what you are missing out on...

:suicide:

fb.png

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, no #’s?  That sucks.  I’m guessing 133-138

idk, sounds good though

that said, the Doo's sounded really healthy in person last season

you going to take in a race this year?  I might do the ERX event again (3/4 or 3/5) with @Not greg b & visit with @fortune46x when he isn't harassing crew chiefs and hurting 9 year olds feelings

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk, sounds good though

that said, the Doo's sounded really healthy in person last season

you going to take in a race this year?  I might do the ERX event again (3/4 or 3/5) with @Not greg b & visit with @fortune46x when he isn't harassing crew chiefs and hurting 9 year olds feelings

Yes.  I’m going to try and work the track at ERX and maybe a couple more.

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, no #’s?  That sucks.  I’m guessing 133-138

Didn’t they used to make like high 140s pretty religiously? And the mods like 160s? I honestly don't know shit about race sleds or what the rules are like now but that seems low from what I would’ve imagined.

26 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Didn’t they used to make like high 140s pretty religiously? And the mods like 160s? I honestly don't know shit about race sleds or what the rules are like now but that seems low from what I would’ve imagined.

IDK about the 140 for stock race sleds but the full mods were running 160-ish.  I was told by team Arctic that my 17 SX pro lite was running mid 130’s.  I think my pro 19 was prolly toward the 140 mark on race fuel.  Maybe a tad more.  Hard to say with these things especially when they were raced or set up by a knowledgeable team.  I know this for a fact though, my 17 and 19 SX were definitely quicker than my 800 even after I feared and clutched it.  Sure, they fall on their face @ 60 but from 0-60….it’s hold the fuck on when you pinch it.  LOL…the first time I grabbed a handful on the 19 it almost left me behind.  :lmao:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

IDK about the 140 for stock race sleds but the full mods were running 160-ish.  I was told by team Arctic that my 17 SX pro lite was running mid 130’s.  I think my pro 19 was prolly toward the 140 mark on race fuel.  Maybe a tad more.  Hard to say with these things especially when they were raced or set up by a knowledgeable team.  I know this for a fact though, my 17 and 19 SX were definitely quicker than my 800 even after I feared and clutched it.  Sure, they fall on their face @ 60 but from 0-60….it’s hold the fuck on when you pinch it.  LOL…the first time I grabbed a handful on the 19 it almost left me behind.  :lmao:

Aside from the pull of gravity in the Culvers parking lot, have you ever gone over 65mph on a sled before?

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Aside from the pull of gravity in the Culvers parking lot, have you ever gone over 65mph on a sled before?

The crash at Culver’s was probably only around 30.  Yeah, I’ve hit the 3 digit mark before just to do it but, just lame.  Most times, I’ll just one hand it at 40-50 on straights and adjust gear until the next corner.

Just out of curiousity, what are the RXC’s reaching top speed?

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

the carb'd cat sleds were rated at 128 hp stock. 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

full on mods with big bores were in the 160's , Duncan and I were talking last night that the skidoo mods with porting head cuts and pipes were producing less power than the current skidoo stock sled. This is also why I laugh when people are saying the racing was better with mods... 

3 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

the carb'd cat sleds were rated at 128 hp stock. 

full on mods with big bores were in the 160's , Duncan and I were talking last night that the skidoo mods with porting head cuts and pipes were producing less power than the current skidoo stock sled. This is also why I laugh when people are saying the racing was better with mods... 

One of the things ISOC has done successfully was drop the full mod sleds.  I was amazed at how much better the racing was mainly because it opened up the door to talented riders that can’t afford to run a $30k sled in a $250,000 rig.  Yes, the full mods were crazy but, the difference in actual racing excitement was pretty minimal.  All of us trackside commented on this….to our own amazement.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

One of the things ISOC has done successfully was drop the full mod sleds.  I was amazed at how much better the racing was mainly because it opened up the door to talented riders that can’t afford to run a $30k sled in a $250,000 rig.  Yes, the full mods were crazy but, the difference in actual racing excitement was pretty minimal.  All of us trackside commented on this….to our own amazement.

The funny thing is it wasn't ISOC's call - at the ISR rules meeting the OEM's (started with Polaris) asked for it. But if you read facebook - its all my fault lol. 

Just now, fortune46x said:

The funny thing is it wasn't ISOC's call - at the ISR rules meeting the OEM's (started with Polaris) asked for it. But if you read facebook - its all my fault lol. 

Oh, that's right!  Along with Poo's "Tucker rule".  :lol: Oh the shame.

Still, dropping mods was a surprise success.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, that's right!  Along with Poo's "Tucker rule".  :lol: Oh the shame.

Still, dropping mods was a surprise success.  

Just think if it would have been the sled.  Would it have been called the "Arctic Cat rule". 

5 hours ago, Doug said:

Just think if it would have been the sled.  Would it have been called the "Arctic Cat rule". 

In my best @ACE voice:

Hey…remember when Poo cried about their boy not being able to beat Hibbert then, a rule was enacted…..and Kamm still couldn’t win shit.  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

In my best @ACE voice:

Hey…remember when Poo cried about their boy not being able to beat Hibbert then, a rule was enacted…..and Kamm still couldn’t win shit.  :lol:

Think Tucker could have won on a Yamaha 4 stroke

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The last SX Yamaha won was with Robbie Malinowski….who promptly jumped to Doo right afterwards.  Maybe ten years ago?

He won in ‘07 on a Nytro.