Snocross 2022

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He did, in another thread. 

How about an ISOC Approved snow flap Zamboni?  😆 

bunch of orange helmets for sale now too 

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This came with the 5.5.  I’m ordering the SX 2.5.  BTW, I don’t give two shits about reverse.

naw.  I’ll just keep this one I guess.  It looks funny though.  :lmao:

How are you going to dangle bro with a riser that small ? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

CA XT Skis

Larger lug Track

Studs

Gearing

Clutching

Riser

soft seat fix?

Maybe I will like these 3 choice adjustable shocks but…..I’m skeptical.

But hey, at least I don’t have to mix gas and get it remapped…plus, reverse! :wall:

Meh…we’ll see.  Maybe I should just do the track and skis and see what it can do.  But, how can it compare?  Prolly more reliable too so…that’s something.

They are basically 1 setting shocks unless you re valve. 1 is too soft for anything  2 is ok, 3 would be the same as tuning the clicker all the way in on a normal shock. They need a setting between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They are basically 1 setting shocks unless you re valve. 1 is too soft for anything  2 is ok, 3 would be the same as tuning the clicker all the way in on a normal shock. They need a setting between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 

Holy shit!  Me and my buddy were trying just that!  Like 5 settings may be more effective for those of us in the know about how to set up suspensions.  Those that don’t….STOP MAKING THE MANUS WATER THESE SLEDS DOWN TO DUMMY LEVELS!!!!!   

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Holy shit!  Me and my buddy were trying just that!  Like 5 settings may be more effective for those of us in the know about how to set up suspensions.  Those that don’t….STOP MAKING THE MANUS WATER THESE SLEDS DOWN TO DUMMY LEVELS!!!!!   

The qs3 rr sleds they watered the suspension way down and it’s not nearly as aggressive as the older ones. I ran my clickers on the older ones just below 1/2 way or just above depending on conditions. The front arm really needs help. Going to a heavier upper spring on the front arm helps out a lot. 

Edited by Not greg b

I took Greg B’s setup advice on my 21 RR and the thing was well I can’t really say a “blast” or a “riot” anymore but it definitely handled and rode awesome for the 120 miles I put on it before it got wrecked twice and my dealer bought it back from me. Do the RXCs not have QS3 fronts with DSC rears anymore?

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I took Greg B’s setup advice on my 21 RR and the thing was well I can’t really say a “blast” or a “riot” anymore but it definitely handled and rode awesome for the 120 miles I put on it before it got wrecked twice and my dealer bought it back from me. Do the RXCs not have QS3 fronts with DSC rears anymore?

I think the rxc has qs3 now on all corners. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, Zambroski said:

Z check out Hypergear.  They may have adjustable units for more finite adjustments you can add to these shocks.  On your favorite brand of shocks hi/lo adjustments can be added.  I've done some of these on W/E very easy to do.

10 minutes ago, Doug said:

Z check out Hypergear.  They may have adjustable units for more finite adjustments you can add to these shocks.  On your favorite brand of shocks hi/lo adjustments can be added.  I've done some of these on W/E very easy to do.

Hygear Doug 

https://www.hygearsuspension.com/products/fox-dsc-adjuster

Hypergear is were he gets his Superman pajamas, Monster energy drinks and Crocs, and his wife lets him run loose in Walmart like that?

32 minutes ago, Doug said:

Yeah, I may be better off just buying a whole new set and keeping these for the next buyer if I decide to do anything at all with them.

I still find myself perusing the classifieds for sleds so…..

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I may be better off just buying a whole new set and keeping these for the next buyer if I decide to do anything at all with them.

Back in the day, I'd have my shock builder put DSC's in all 4 of mine.  He fingered it out like it was nothing.  I think I have 3 full sets of shocks all set up to go in the trailer.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

the shocks are good, adding the dscs just gives you the range of adjustment you're looking for.  I just had Carver add them to the Zero X's I sent in for XC valving and rebuild. 

Check with @Not greg bbut the fronts may be ok on '2' but add DSC to the rears to dial in the skid 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Back in the day, I'd have my shock builder put DSC's in all 4 of mine.  He fingered it out like it was nothing.  I think I have 3 full sets of shocks all set up to go in the trailer.  

Do you by chance have any Zero X fronts for the older SP chassis?  Not evolves...

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the shocks are good, adding the dscs just gives you the range of adjustment you're looking for.  I just had Carver add them to the Zero X's I sent in for XC valving and rebuild. 

Check with @Not greg bbut the fronts may be ok on '2' but add DSC to the rears to dial in the skid 

Yeah, had Mike add them to my last two SX sleds after he revalved the rears.

Still, thinking of resale on a sled like this.  This is a true poser special that many can fake like they can ride and get away with it.  She sure is pretty though….I can’t wait to see how this seat works.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, had Mike add them to my last two SX sleds after he revalved the rears.

Still, thinking of resale on a sled like this.  This is a true poser special that many can fake like they can ride and get away with it.  She sure is pretty though….I can’t wait to see how this seat works.

If I had any faith in Textron, I'd have one or an RS

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Probably. You are just looking for the straight out what came stock on the XC sleds, right?

Zero X Pro's were sprung and had reservoirs.  Will update precisely what I'm trying to find with a picture when I get home.  They weren't super popular because everyone was going with air shocks, which I don't want.

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If I had any faith in Textron, I'd have one or an RS

Zero X Pro's were sprung and had reservoirs.  Will update precisely what I'm trying to find with a picture when I get home.  They weren't super popular because everyone was going with air shocks, which I don't want.

I do not think I do.  I have 2 sets of the Floats for that chassis though.  Evol R's or X's or something like that.  

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You know what your looking for in a sled but I wouldn't base it on shocks and I don't see you doing that. Shocks are nothing more than a tuning component and can easily be changed.

Guy that was next to us at a swap meet and an asphalt racer was measuring the shocks that we had on our table.  Asked what he was looking for and he was looking for a specific lenght a little shorter than the ones on his sleds.  Told him I can shorten them up to what ever center/center he wants.  Finished his shocks up last week.

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

You know what your looking for in a sled but I wouldn't base it on shocks and I don't see you doing that. Shocks are nothing more than a tuning component and can easily be changed.

Guy that was next to us at a swap meet and an asphalt racer was measuring the shocks that we had on our table.  Asked what he was looking for and he was looking for a specific lenght a little shorter than the ones on his sleds.  Told him I can shorten them up to what ever center/center he wants.  Finished his shocks up last week.

It’s not all about the shocks. They are just obviously a huge component.  I focus on tweaking it all to fit what I want.  Shocks, skis, track (traction), clutching, gearing, brakes, ergos, etc.  it all matters to me and to have any of those not at its best setting for me is unthinkable.  I treat all my hobbies this way.  It drives my wife nuts…which is also a hobby I take seriously.  :lmao:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s not all about the shocks. They are just obviously a huge component.  I focus on tweaking it all to fit what I want.  Shocks, skis, track (traction), clutching, gearing, brakes, ergos, etc.  it all matters to me and to have any of those not at its best setting for me is unthinkable.  I treat all my hobbies this way.  It drives my wife nuts…which is also a hobby I take seriously.  :lmao:

Retiring early at the end of the month.  It's our anniversary today and my wife says once you retire we need to set boundaries.  Told her no problem stay out of my shop.  👍

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 7:58 PM, Zambroski said:

Hey Buttplug, you see the 2021 SX sled(s) for sale down by Alexandria?  Less then 10 hours and around $8500.

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hey Buttplug, you see the 2021 SX sled(s) for sale down by Alexandria?  Less then 10 hours and around $8500.

Yeah.  Already talked to him.  Only one was for sale and it sold.  The other may be for sale once the new sleds are delivered.