Snocross 2022

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Doo. Updated it.

Don't think any Textrons made it into the pro final.  @fortune46x wont be tearing many of them down this year besides his own.

Just Benham and wittwer made it. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Lol, if you only knew 

Bad showing for Cat 

See below 

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Let me guess….. Yurk was a crash and will be out for the season?

Yurk was DQ’d after round one. Ended up in the lcq and didn’t make it in. The guy has speed and fitness but round one shook his cage hard. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

See below 

Yurk was DQ’d after round one. Ended up in the lcq and didn’t make it in. The guy has speed and fitness but round one shook his cage hard. 

Yurk will be on the podium plenty this season I have a feeling.  What was the DQ for?  They didn't say anything about it on the stream.

Update on Taven.

Screenshot_20220107-232937.png

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

See below 

I like him and he’s definitely fast but it seems like he’s hurt for a majority of every season.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Sad day for Cat.  Racing was all that was left.  Textron needs to sell them off and fast

Most knew Textron would end Cat in disaster.  Some of us tried not to believe it….and are still holding out hope.  But, let’s face it, even before Textron, Cat’s board is clearly unfit to make management decisions.  Who hires these inept “leaders” to run a motor sports empire?  Self destructive group disorder.

15 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

The big pockets of Textron comments always made me cringe.  Small pockets would be better as it would force the new owners to try.  They need to sell off snow and fast.

I’ve long said Cat should stop trying to cross their racing with consumer compliant products.  Go private, go small, go niche.  It can still be profitable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve long said Cat should stop trying to cross their racing with consumer compliant products.  Go private, go small, go niche.  It can still be profitable.

Anyone that follows SX racing can see that Polaris & SkiDoo were both making investments in their sleds, and more importantly their young riders when Cat basically had TH68 and the 2018 sled which was better than the competitions.  Poo & Doo's investments in both are now paying dividends.  Textron's, not so much. 

Benham, Yurk & Wittwer are good racers, but they aren't playing in the same league at the moment.  Racers want to win and they will use the best tool to accomplish that.  How many of us ever imagined Logan racing a SkiDoo?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Anyone that follows SX racing can see that Polaris & SkiDoo were both making investments in their sleds, and more importantly their young riders when Cat basically had TH68 and the 2018 sled which was better than the competitions.  Poo & Doo's investments in both are now paying dividends.  Textron's, not so much. 

Benham, Yurk & Wittwer are good racers, but they aren't playing in the same league at the moment.  Racers want to win and they will use the best tool to accomplish that.  How many of us ever imagined Logan racing a SkiDoo?   

Agreed.  It’d be great to be a fly on the wall between the Cat race team engineers and Textron.  Honestly, when they put that stay at home mom in charge of the snow division, we should have known.  Her idiotic speech at Haydays confirmed it.  

Still, I’ll take their machine over all others on the trail right now.  I’m actually scared of any changes Textron might make.

Going to look at a 21 SX tomorrow.  :whistle:

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  It’d be great to be a fly on the wall between the Cat race team engineers and Textron.  Honestly, when they put that stay at home mom in charge of the snow division, we should have known.  Her idiotic speech at Haydays confirmed it.  

Still, I’ll take their machine over all others on the trail right now.  I’m actually scared of any changes Textron might make.

otb, agree

how about on an actual SX track racing other people?   

also ran is nothing to be proud of

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

otb, agree

how about on an actual SX track racing other people?   

also ran is nothing to be proud of

Doo and Poo can, once again, look at Cat (Textron) as an example of “don’t do this.”

28.  Cancel racing program for a season.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Doo and Poo can, once again, look at Cat (Textron) as an example of “don’t do this.”

28.  Cancel racing program for a season.

I honestly don't know precisely why the Doo's and Poo's seem to be better rides on the track, other than superior power and maybe better suspension?  it's not the hole shot device?  maybe it's something we're overlooking.  :lol:

torn right now, leaving for a wedding in a couple hours, should be out riding a short loop as it's 20 degrees and tomorrow it's a high of five, just got back from the store, car wash, am sitting here chatting with you yahoos and watching my preferred brand get clubbed like a baby seal in SX. 

:smack:

what's your excuse?  put any miles on the new machine yet or are you waiting for scratchers and a shorter windshield?  :)

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I honestly don't know precisely why the Doo's and Poo's seem to be better rides on the track, other than superior power and maybe better suspension?  it's not the hole shot device?  maybe it's something we're overlooking.  :lol:

torn right now, leaving for a wedding in a couple hours, should be out riding a short loop as it's 20 degrees and tomorrow it's a high of five, just got back from the store, car wash, am sitting here chatting with you yahoos and watching my preferred brand get clubbed like a baby seal in SX. 

:smack:

what's your excuse?  put any miles on the new machine yet or are you waiting for scratchers and a shorter windshield?  :)

It’s not so much the machine as the whole program.  Either they are in rebuilding mode or, phasing out mode.

I’m not giving any feedback on my ride til I get 250 on it.  Should be this afternoon. But, spoiler…it’s been a bit of a surprise so far.  I think my expectations were set too low. :bc:

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s not so much the machine as the whole program.  Either they are in rebuilding mode or, phasing out mode.

I’m not giving any feedback on my ride til I get 250 on it.  Should be this afternoon. But, spoiler…it’s been a bit of a surprise so far.  I think my expectations were set too low. :bc:

mmmmm, slightly disagree

good to hear, figured you'd already have ordered new gearing after the first ride

time to let the wife shave the back of my neck, and maybe my shoulders

see you yahoo's later tonight after a few drinks  :lmao:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well the way they treated Brian Dick when he said the Arctic Cat base wants a sled that's based on race sleds was too show him the door because he didn't see the direction that Textron wants to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1