5 Kellen Chapuran Edina, MN Ski-Doo 467

Sport Lite

Rider Hometown Sled Points
1 Cameron Cole Medina, MN Polaris 562
2 Chance Tietjen ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS, NJ Ski-Doo 528
3 Jan Even Romsdal Alta, 20 Ski-Doo 509
4 Josh Connolly Hampton falls, NH Ski-Doo 485
5 Steven Max Ottsville, PA Ski-Doo 470

Clearly Ski Doo is the dominant force in Snocross racing at the moment and Polaris isn't far behind with an also exceptional talent pool.  Cat had glimmers of hope with All Finish Racing (Benham/Yurk/Scheele) having a not exactly terrible season and a couple podiums.  Theo Poirier in Pro Lite also seemed to be coming on in the past few races.  As discussed ad nauseum in this thread and others BRP and Polaris made investments in their equipment and their riders while Arctic Cat was hanging their hat on Tucker Hibbert legacy and the 2018 ZR 6000 SX and the dividends are clearly paying off in full.  If Cat is going to remain in Snocross racing and remain competitive at the top of the field they are going to have to make an investment in engineering a better machine (like they did for 2018) and start tapping into the existing talent pool or start investing potential top tier racers... or remain as an 'also ran'.   @ZR6000RR's opinion may differ.

As seen just how tight the points race ended for the 2-5 positions in the top classes the field of racers out there and their equipment is incredibly good.  On occasion I see commentary about 'bringing back the mods' which I agree the crowd enjoyed but they (my speculation) don't realize the cost of fielding a mod sled and that the factory support and costs associated for those mods was part of the reason (my opinion) the mod class ended.  I do have a *suggestion* though.   I would say that since I started watching SX again with regularity this was one of the most competitive seasons I've witnessed.  Just flat out phenomenal competitive racing and some real stand out racers that bode well for the future of the sport.  Hopefully @fortune46x can chime in to give us a season recap and his perspective as he's actually in the trenches dealing with the racers/teams eight weekends a winter and often elbow deep into the machines long after everyone has gone home.

If you didn't get the FloRacing app, enjoy watching snowmobile racing I highly suggest you do before next winter, they did a great job in conjuction with ISOC (although they were completely lacking the 'Tech Time with Alex' I kept suggesting) and I'm already looking forward to watching next season.

*suggestion* - Pro Class - allow them to run twin pipes and modify their fuel/timing mapping.  In my opinion this might bring some of the 'I miss the mods' whiners to the camp, get the aftermarket more heavily involved (Speedwerx/D&D/BMP/SLP/etc) and make the sleds sound just a little different than the Pro Lite's.   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

7 minutes ago, 122 said:

No, he is related to the Hibbert's

Kirk Hibbert and Steve Houle wrenching on SkiDoo's, Logan Christian and Wes Selby racing SkiDoo's... and more.    Nothing to see here, everything is fine.  

giphy.gif?cid=790b761166842b1629103df576

On 3/19/2022 at 9:24 PM, 122 said:

Lebel is fast, he should go Pro next year

He will remain in pro lite another year. 

On 3/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Round 16

Pro (1) Patenaude Ishoel Lemieux (good to see Lincoln back on the track)

Pro (2) Kamm Logan Norum (Benham had 3rd but...)

Pro Lite (1) Christian Daudt Scheele

Pro Lite (2) Ogemar Poirier Anderson

Pro Lite (3) Lorenz Bester Lemourea (Lebel out with a concussion but already clinched)

Sport Final Ashline clinched

Pro (3) Benham Kamm Cottew 

Pro (4) Patenaude Logan Lemieux

Pro Lite Final Bester Daudt Ogemar (Lorenz was having a great run, but ate shit)

Pro Final Pelletier Ishoel Kamm

yo @fortune46x just how long is it acceptable for Elias to keep pushing into Logan until he ends up on his side?   there was a good battle between the two until that move... and it would have been great to see Logan on the box.  then it was Ish and Kamm battling... great action.  Ishoel really is something else... from checkers and wreckers to four championships in a row.  Kid's amazing.

I couldn't see the track form where I was , Logan is too nice he has been punted multiple times this year with no response from him , as long as its ski to ski its acceptable in competition , tbones however are not. 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, 122 said:

Bester is another ex-Cat rider that Cat let go

Polaris signed him while his contract was still going with cat , cat didn't get the opportunity to hold him . 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:11 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

He went to a great team

Textron could have had a Team Hibbert... but they're stupid

Hibberts didnt want to do anything - they washed their hands of snocross and the only reason kirk showed up to a couple of rounds after tucker retired was Pake and Scheele when they were with CBR were running tuckers sleds from his last year. If anyone needs proof I can post the tech sheets with the vins. 

22 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Season point totals.  

Pro

1 Elias Ishoel Oppdal, 16 Ski-Doo 581
2 Hunter Patenaude Hartland, VT Ski-Doo 499
3 Francis Pelletier ST Felicien, QC Ski-Doo 495
4 Emil Harr Sorsele, AB Polaris 484
5 Kody Kamm Kansasville, WI Polaris

Pro Lite

1 Jordan Lebel Chicoutimi, QC Ski-Doo 572
2 Marcus Ogemar Ostersund, Z Ski-Doo 555
3 Nickolas Lorenz Kenosha, WI Polaris 543
4 Ryley Bester Prior Lake, MN Polaris 539
5 Evan Christian Finley, ND Polaris 506

Sport

1 Adam Ashline Hartland, VT Ski-Doo 672
2 Eric Downs Jordan, MN Polaris 534
3 Crayden Dillon Zephyr, ON Ski-Doo 528
4 Domenic Hegman Rogers, MN Ski-Doo 496
5 Kellen Chapuran Edina, MN Ski-Doo 467

Sport Lite

1 Cameron Cole Medina, MN Polaris 562
2 Chance Tietjen ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS, NJ Ski-Doo 528
3 Jan Even Romsdal Alta, 20 Ski-Doo 509
4 Josh Connolly Hampton falls, NH Ski-Doo 485
5 Steven Max Ottsville, PA Ski-Doo 470

Clearly Ski Doo is the dominant force in Snocross racing at the moment and Polaris isn't far behind with an also exceptional talent pool.  Cat had glimmers of hope with All Finish Racing (Benham/Yurk/Scheele) having a not exactly terrible season and a couple podiums.  Theo Poirier in Pro Lite also seemed to be coming on in the past few races.  As discussed ad nauseum in this thread and others BRP and Polaris made investments in their equipment and their riders while Arctic Cat was hanging their hat on Tucker Hibbert legacy and the 2018 ZR 6000 SX and the dividends are clearly paying off in full.  If Cat is going to remain in Snocross racing and remain competitive at the top of the field they are going to have to make an investment in engineering a better machine (like they did for 2018) and start tapping into the existing talent pool or start investing potential top tier racers... or remain as an 'also ran'.   @ZR6000RR's opinion may differ.

As seen just how tight the points race ended for the 2-5 positions in the top classes the field of racers out there and their equipment is incredibly good.  On occasion I see commentary about 'bringing back the mods' which I agree the crowd enjoyed but they (my speculation) don't realize the cost of fielding a mod sled and that the factory support and costs associated for those mods was part of the reason (my opinion) the mod class ended.  I do have a *suggestion* though.   I would say that since I started watching SX again with regularity this was one of the most competitive seasons I've witnessed.  Just flat out phenomenal competitive racing and some real stand out racers that bode well for the future of the sport.  Hopefully @fortune46x can chime in to give us a season recap and his perspective as he's actually in the trenches dealing with the racers/teams eight weekends a winter and often elbow deep into the machines long after everyone has gone home.

If you didn't get the FloRacing app, enjoy watching snowmobile racing I highly suggest you do before next winter, they did a great job in conjuction with ISOC (although they were completely lacking the 'Tech Time with Alex' I kept suggesting) and I'm already looking forward to watching next season.

*suggestion* - Pro Class - allow them to run twin pipes and modify their fuel/timing mapping.  In my opinion this might bring some of the 'I miss the mods' whiners to the camp, get the aftermarket more heavily involved (Speedwerx/D&D/BMP/SLP/etc) and make the sleds sound just a little different than the Pro Lite's.   

Dale from D&D and I talk pretty frequently at the races , and it came up in discussion - there is ZERO market for the aftermarket to do it so they would only sell to the racers , that want them for free. too much work for no reward. 

The rumor mill across the pit about cats future is entertaining. I will say Cat has committed to 2023 snocross season with ISOC. And the other rumor coming through the pits from people I would trust is that cat has something new for 2023 for snocross. I can say the All finish team is committed to the brand which is great to hear that you have some strength like that. 

It will be interesting to see who sticks around and who leaves within the series for 2023. I'm on board for at least one more year but if/when it quits being fun I'll quit doing it. There could be a large changing of the guard in play. 

54 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I couldn't see the track form where I was , Logan is too nice he has been punted multiple times this year with no response from him , as long as its ski to ski its acceptable in competition , tbones however are not. 

Polaris signed him while his contract was still going with cat , cat didn't get the opportunity to hold him . 

Hibberts didnt want to do anything - they washed their hands of snocross and the only reason kirk showed up to a couple of rounds after tucker retired was Pake and Scheele when they were with CBR were running tuckers sleds from his last year. If anyone needs proof I can post the tech sheets with the vins. 

Dale from D&D and I talk pretty frequently at the races , and it came up in discussion - there is ZERO market for the aftermarket to do it so they would only sell to the racers , that want them for free. too much work for no reward. 

The rumor mill across the pit about cats future is entertaining. I will say Cat has committed to 2023 snocross season with ISOC. And the other rumor coming through the pits from people I would trust is that cat has something new for 2023 for snocross. I can say the All finish team is committed to the brand which is great to hear that you have some strength like that. 

It will be interesting to see who sticks around and who leaves within the series for 2023. I'm on board for at least one more year but if/when it quits being fun I'll quit doing it. There could be a large changing of the guard in play. 

thanks for all the updates 46x.         :good:           :bc:

next season can,t get here fast enough.         :ylsuper:

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

On Jordan... I'm surprised.  He's better than the bottom 20% of the pro field imo without doubt.

On Logan and Ish, might be a wash but he got laid on his side.  Didn't see an infraction, but ishy won the plowing competition.

On Reilly, good for him.  He's earning that ride.

The Hibbert deal, have heard that rumor from multiple sources but yours are far better than mine.  

Everyone wANtZ twin pipes though... Have seen countless posts about it from people who can't afford a simple dental cleaning.  Personally I don't care, but there's those still in boycott mode over the mods.  Simpletons... but an audience no less.

Cat, not holding my breath but AF seems to be in a good spot financially and with the former Boss folks to develop it... top five?

You can't quit... Capri Suns, corn dogs, street tacos, interesting travel endeavors and all.  :lol:

It was a decision made by Jordan and his Parents - the kids only 17 right now and they want him to be 18 when he goes pro - I'm sure skidoo wont mind for the sake that it can be another title in pro lite with how consistant he is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

It was a decision made by Jordan and his Parents - the kids only 17 right now and they want him to be 18 when he goes pro - I'm sure skidoo wont mind for the sake that it can be another title in pro lite with how consistant he is. 

I bet there's others in the class wishing he moved up.  Would really like to see Theo Poirier keep progressing, he seemed to really come around at the end of the year, especially good to see after the crash we saw at Eagle River last year.

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I bet there's others in the class wishing he moved up.  Would really like to see Theo Poirier keep progressing, he seemed to really come around at the end of the year, especially good to see after the crash we saw at Eagle River last year.

he has dave otto tuning for him , guy is a wiz when it comes to AC

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 122 said:

Sounds like Andy Pake won't be back at Thene Motorsports next year.

If he stays with Cat, Fine Finish is in his backyard and run by a good group of people.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Snocross community, we need your help! The city is threatening to shut down our beloved ERX Motor Park. Please see below on how you can help.

"Hello ERX Snocross Friends, Family and Fans! ERX will be going in front of City Council on Monday, May 16th at 6pm to gain approval of our Conditional Use Permit, we’ve had great support from city staff, parks and rec and the planning commission. Late yesterday we received word that a few neighbors are walking around with a petition to shut ERX down. Their concerns boil down to noise and traffic, we hear their concerns, have tried and will continue to mitigate these whenever possible.

As valued friends and supporters of ERX, I’m reaching out to you today to ask for your support. Would you be able to attend the City Council Meeting with us on Monday, May 16th at 6pm? There will be an open forum section if you feel compelled to stand up and stay a few words in support of ERX and what role it has played in your family and community.

When: Monday, May 16th, 2022

Time: 6pm

Where: 13065 Orono Parkway NW, Elk River MN 55330

If you are unable to attend but would still like your voice to be heard please send one email and include:

* Mr. Cal Portner (CPortner@ElkRiverMN.Gov)

* Mr. Chris Leeseberg (CLeeseberg@ElkRiverMN.Gov)

* Ms. Heidi Goodin (HGoodin@EnvisionCompany.com)

* In the email subject line “Public Comment” and include your full name and address to ensure your comment is included in the meeting’s official minutes. 

Thank you for your continued support!" 

So @fortune46x is now the time for motorsports to start considering electric sleds, bikes and buggies?  This seems to be happening in all sorts of motorsports venues.  I obviously disagree with the whiny neighbors but EV's might be part of the solution to 'save motorsports'.  If an electric sled can run 15 minutes at wot in the pro class is it worthy of consideration?  Would an EV sled fly down a 1/4 mile on a full charge @Tommcat

It's crazy to think about race tracks that have been around for decades getting shut down by people who move NEXT TO A RACETRACK.  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Dear Snocross community, we need your help! The city is threatening to shut down our beloved ERX Motor Park. Please see below on how you can help.

"Hello ERX Snocross Friends, Family and Fans! ERX will be going in front of City Council on Monday, May 16th at 6pm to gain approval of our Conditional Use Permit, we’ve had great support from city staff, parks and rec and the planning commission. Late yesterday we received word that a few neighbors are walking around with a petition to shut ERX down. Their concerns boil down to noise and traffic, we hear their concerns, have tried and will continue to mitigate these whenever possible.

As valued friends and supporters of ERX, I’m reaching out to you today to ask for your support. Would you be able to attend the City Council Meeting with us on Monday, May 16th at 6pm? There will be an open forum section if you feel compelled to stand up and stay a few words in support of ERX and what role it has played in your family and community.

When: Monday, May 16th, 2022

Time: 6pm

Where: 13065 Orono Parkway NW, Elk River MN 55330

If you are unable to attend but would still like your voice to be heard please send one email and include:

* Mr. Cal Portner (CPortner@ElkRiverMN.Gov)

* Mr. Chris Leeseberg (CLeeseberg@ElkRiverMN.Gov)

* Ms. Heidi Goodin (HGoodin@EnvisionCompany.com)

* In the email subject line “Public Comment” and include your full name and address to ensure your comment is included in the meeting’s official minutes. 

Thank you for your continued support!" 

So @fortune46x is now the time for motorsports to start considering electric sleds, bikes and buggies?  This seems to be happening in all sorts of motorsports venues.  I obviously disagree with the whiny neighbors but EV's might be part of the solution to 'save motorsports'.  If an electric sled can run 15 minutes at wot in the pro class is it worthy of consideration?  Would an EV sled fly down a 1/4 mile on a full charge @Tommcat

It's crazy to think about race tracks that have been around for decades getting shut down by people who move NEXT TO A RACETRACK.  

The issue is noise and the dot bitching about the traffic congestion on 169 with no solution offered. The person who submitted a letter to the council has lived in their home since 2004 - 4 years before ERX was started and ERX has grown exponentially since. 

I know snocross has had a lot of backlash over noise since the mod days. Even Eagle River faces issues with it from what I was told when we were there for two rounds. Bro cans definitely don't help as they are louder now then ever before.  Venues like Deadwood where you are literally in peoples back yards and even Jackson Hole (which was a shit show) has complaints from neighbors. Its going to get to a point where its going to be 100% stock with a decibel rating on mufflers to quiet things down I'm afraid. 

This was posted this morning 

ERX Supporters- we are truly humbled and thankful for your kind words of support and encouragement, and for sharing your stories over the past few days! While things may not have turned out exactly as we had wanted, that’s ok.
So, what’s next?! At this time, we will continue to operate the way we have for the past 14 years under our current conditional use permit, and work with the city on what they’d like to see and how it fits into our plan. At this time, our next formal meeting with City Council will be in July, subject to change based on conversations over the next couple of months.
If you have any specific questions feel free to direct them directly to me at hgoodin@envisioncompany.com
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

The issue is noise and the dot bitching about the traffic congestion on 169 with no solution offered. The person who submitted a letter to the council has lived in their home since 2004 - 4 years before ERX was started and ERX has grown exponentially since. 

I know snocross has had a lot of backlash over noise since the mod days. Even Eagle River faces issues with it from what I was told when we were there for two rounds. Bro cans definitely don't help as they are louder now then ever before.  Venues like Deadwood where you are literally in peoples back yards and even Jackson Hole (which was a shit show) has complaints from neighbors. Its going to get to a point where its going to be 100% stock with a decibel rating on mufflers to quiet things down I'm afraid. 

This was posted this morning 

ERX Supporters- we are truly humbled and thankful for your kind words of support and encouragement, and for sharing your stories over the past few days! While things may not have turned out exactly as we had wanted, that’s ok.
So, what’s next?! At this time, we will continue to operate the way we have for the past 14 years under our current conditional use permit, and work with the city on what they’d like to see and how it fits into our plan. At this time, our next formal meeting with City Council will be in July, subject to change based on conversations over the next couple of months.
If you have any specific questions feel free to direct them directly to me at hgoodin@envisioncompany.com

So... no twin pipes?  :(

But I stayed in a hotel room and ate some chicken wings.  So did the racers... :lol:

IMG_20220312_231007260.jpg